Hacking Pro tip for finding 4.05 consoles

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like all pawn shops are the same...

He could be on to something here, pawn shops probably dont go and update the systems just for the sake of it. As long as it powers up and loads a game, thats prob all the testing they do.

SIDENOT: @yardie all your posts just seem to be sarky, negative bullshit.

stooged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I did this yesterday and after getting them to test 5 consoles we found a CUH-2002B 1tb console on 4.00.
after weeks of searching gumtree and local facebook markets the pawn shop 10 minutes from me had one the whole time.

so as the op stated it is a "pro tip" :)

Reactions: Jay Griggs

Migoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Pawn Shops but they want $200 for all ps4s around here slim or fat scratched or not the biggest problem when I found one with the right firmware roaches crawled out of it and I ran out the store screaming like a little girl that's very disgusting also the controllers are shiny they have like peanut butter in all the seams and the analog sticks are destroyed I cannot recommend going to Pawn Shops unless you have the time to find a clean system on the right firmware and since there's tons of new consoles with low firmware if you can afford just buy a new one.

stooged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes that human slime on the controllers is an added bonus at most pawn shops and the roaches are free :))
I am lucky as the one I got is like brand new looks like it was never used and they said it was the most recent one that they had obtained and that's why we tried it last

I was prepared to pay 600+ for one.
money isn't the problem, the problem is where I am the total lack of any console that is new and a year old to have < 4.05 or preowned consoles that have not been updated.
my local ebay had one listed as <4.05 and it was $680 and the seller was sketchy and didn't want to answer me properly and show proof its got <4.05.
when I spoke to my local ebgames they only had 13 preowned ps4 consoles in the entire country(Australia) and none of them were in my state so I couldn't try any of them.
Christmas is the worst time for this because everyone is buying them to update and use like normal stooges :(

all I can say is if you live in bunbury wa the local cashies has no ps4's with 4.05 or below lol best they have now is 4.07.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If you're prepared to pay "$600+", might as well get a brand new $200 Slim and get $400 worth of games to get a full collection of "legit" games. You can find PS4 games pretty cheap if you know where to look ($5-15 range) and after you get the exclusives and stuff, there aren't that many PS4 games left, the rest are multiplatform, so if you have a decent enough PC you're set (they have controller support, and all you need is a Bluetooth dongle to connect the DualShock 4 to the PC).

"Money isn't the problem." Shaking my head...

Reactions: Deleted-379826

stooged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
a full collection of "legit" games.

Im shaking my head.

Just because you are an end user and all an exploit means to you is pirated games you should not assume other people are like you.

I am not interested in pirated games i am interested in the inner workings of the console.
I wouldnt be surprised if most of the games that you can download and use on a 4.05 system are less than $10 a pop used.

Having code execution and a sdk is more fun to me than any crappy game ;)

Mbne84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought the uncharted 4 slim bumdle from amazon on sunday and it was delivered on Wednesday with 3.55. The price jumped from a few weeks ago but its worth it to me for a new sealed low firmware version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.