Hacking Project Sonic Realm Revival: September Update

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings everyone, if you want to try the demos we currently have for Sonic Continuum, We have android, ios, mac, and linux in this link: https://mega.nz/#F!x3BFUJzA!5Nuysvxq5FxEcJCJ7Sgj6w

Keep in mind that for the ios version, we are posting the xcode format. For the ipa format, @ElijahZAwesome will be posting it soon for people to try along with tutorial

As always report any glitch and problem you see

Reactions: wiired24

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings everyone, if you want to try the demos we currently have for Sonic Continuum, We have android, ios, mac, and linux in this link: https://mega.nz/#F!x3BFUJzA!5Nuysvxq5FxEcJCJ7Sgj6w

Keep in mind that for the ios version, we are posting the xcode format. For the ipa format, @ElijahZAwesome will be posting it soon for people to try along with tutorial

As always report any glitch and problem you see
is this a new demo? anything new added to the game

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ios, android, mac, and Linux versions have been added

In terms of the demo itself, better framerate and stability

Hey @kingtut I tried testing the Linux Version on Ubuntu in VirtualBox and I couldn't get the launcher to work correctly for some reason. It's probably just an issue on my end though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also as a sidenote tommorow I'll update ProjectPegasus to include the Android,Mac, and IOS Versions

Reactions: kingtut

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @kingtut I tried testing the Linux Version on Ubuntu in VirtualBox and I couldn't get the launcher to work correctly for some reason. It's probably just an issue on my end though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also as a sidenote tommorow I'll update ProjectPegasus to include the Android,Mac, and IOS Versions
yeah I am not hearing any feedback good or bad on the new demos

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Video said a demo would be playable on the 3DS on september 30th, but I'm not seeing the 3DS demo anywhere. Any news on that?

We got the 3ds version running, but we encountered a problem with how to release it. Because a lot of people pointed out that using the official 3ds sdk may lead to a DMCA takedown of the full game by Nintendo. And so we are teaming up with some popular people from the 3ds homebrew community to handle a different way of compiling the 3ds port that doesn't use Nintendo SDK.

Sorry about the delay, We got the code running on the 3ds and that is why I announced the port. But then we faced the problems with how to release the 3ds version in a way that doesn't put us under Nintendo's control. Currently we are in talks with more 3ds homebrew experienced people about how they released their homebrew without being targeted by Nintendo.

Until then, we have android and ios ports of this demo for anyone who wants to try it on the go.

Last edited by kingtut,

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We got the 3ds version running, but we encountered a problem with how to release it. Because a lot of people pointed out that using the official 3ds sdk may lead to a DMCA takedown of the full game by Nintendo. And so we are teaming up with some popular people from the 3ds homebrew community to handle a different way of compiling the 3ds port that doesn't use Nintendo SDK.

Sorry about the delay, We got the code running on the 3ds and that is why I announced the port. But then we faced the problems with how to release the 3ds version in a way that doesn't put us under Nintendo's control. Currently we are in talks with more 3ds homebrew experienced people about how they released their homebrew without being targeted by Nintendo.

Until then, we have android and ios ports of this demo for anyone who wants to try it on the go.

I kinda figured that would be a legal limbo

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda figured that would be a legal limbo

That is not to say that the 3ds demo or port are cancelled, In fact, we got a confirmation from a popular 3ds homebrew dev that he is willing to handle the 3ds port himself by offshoring the task to him. I will announce who he is when I get more details from him about what he will do. But again, I would rather take my time than ruin the whole project because of haste.

Again, I am deeply disappointed of myself. Because this was an amateurish mistake from me to think about the code rather than how to release it. And I certainly learnt from it for all future projects

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not to say that the 3ds demo or port are cancelled, In fact, we got a confirmation from a popular 3ds homebrew dev that he is willing to handle the 3ds port himself by offshoring the task to him. I will announce who he is when I get more details from him about what he will do. But again, I would rather take my time than ruin the whole project because of haste.

Again, I am deeply disappointed of myself. Because this was an amateurish mistake from me to think about the code rather than how to release it. And I certainly learnt from it for all future projects

It happens, we all make mistakes. Still very much looking forward to the finished product

Reactions: kingtut

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It happens, we all make mistakes. Still very much looking forward to the finished product
and we do have some good news ready for the October update. This month we are focusing more on gameplay than technical aspects. Since we want to talk about what makes our game unique other than coming to multiple platforms

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)