Hardware PS Vita Battery 3000 mAh MOD

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I have three Vita's. A white 1000 that I use, a black 1000 also fully modded that I've been trying to give away to my brother on several occasions. He doesn't care and don't want it. And a third one also hacked but it's got some scratches on the screen and I don't want it. I got all of them at decent prices. I want to do the mod on one of the black ones and succeed before I try it on the one I'm actually using.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Invaderyoyo,

With your mod, is there a significant increase in battery life?
Idk, I just did the mod. I haven't really had a chance to compare.
Ordered two batteries. I don't like soldering on a damn battery though.
I used a 3220mah battery and I put the vita battery controller in a different spot. If you look at my picture, I placed it to the right of the battery instead of under it.

reeshmd23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks i did this mod and was successful. Fyi i had a 3g vita and removed the 3g card and tray and it worked for me. Thanks again

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: lucks

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few tips on what not to do when unpacking the battery too please. Looking at a few youtube videos. Doesn't seem like much of a problem ripping off the part with the circuit chip.

Last edited by isoboy,
Reactions: Simonius007

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh GOD, I pried under the note 4 battery controller with a sharp knife and hit the poles I suppose. Saw some sparks for a second. Smells a bit burnt. The battery isn't getting any hotter so it should still be good. If you only you could have posted detailed description of how you removed it. Do I just force it off with pliers?? The fucking thing is stuck.
XiJvjb1.jpg

XiJvjb1

Last edited by isoboy,

aut0mat3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: nowhereman87

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is how the controller sat in place. Now which is positive and which is negative? if you flip the picture around 180, the sticker showed positive on the right and negative on the left. So as far as I can tell the positive pole is the small point on the lower left in the image and the negative is the big point in the middle?

Is this right? You see I applied some solder on what I believe are the two solder points on the battery. It's easy to spot the connections on the vita control board.

TKsVoWL.jpg

Last edited by isoboy,

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the mod. Seems to be working. Need to charge it up and test battery life tomorrow. The memory card wouldn't work any more. As far as the console is concerned there's no card inserted. I tried the 8gb card from my third vita and it worked but of course I had to format it. Not sure if I'll do it on my main console.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the mod. Seems to be working. Need to charge it up and test battery life tomorrow. The memory card wouldn't work any more. As far as the console is concerned there's no card inserted. I tried the 8gb card from my third vita and it worked but of course I had to format it. Not sure if I'll do it on my main console.
Have you used an sd2vita? I read some people were having similar issues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/6z2ulq/call_me_aaron_i_done_fucked_up/

Last edited by invaderyoyo,

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not. I have a white vita with 64gb official memory card (yeah, shoot me) and the second vita that I did the battery mod on with 16gb and a third vita with 8gb. All three are working fine but something must've happened during my battery swap since the 16gb card won't be reckognized anymore. I threw it in the trash but changed my mind, picked it back up and put it in my pstv that I've had for like two years but still haven't tried just because I'm using my vita. It's on 3.55 or 3.56 just sitting in my drawer until I can be bothered to try it. Maybe tomorrow. I should emphasize that if I put the mem card in the vita it's like nothing has been inserted. It's simply not reckognized by the console. Could I have fried it somehow? It worked fine before I did the battery mod. I've been charging my vita for a while now. I hope the battery controller does its job and kills the orange light on the vita fairly soon.

Last edited by isoboy,

Simonius007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm that my battery still working without any degradation.
Nothing shortened, nothing fried.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk Pro

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It got late last night and I had to continue charging it today. I didn't want to leave it in the cradle last night but now it finally stopped. I fired up retroarch snes fifteen minutes ago and I'll just leave it running and see how many hours I get. There are plenty more plastic pieces you can break off in the vita top shell and I'm sure you could cram in another little battery but I can't be bothered.

Last edited by isoboy,

Simonius007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It got late last night and I had to continue charging it today. I didn't want to leave it in the cradle last night but now it finally stopped. I fired up retroarch snes fifteen minutes ago and I'll just leave it running and see how many hours I get. There are plenty more plastic pieces you can break off in the vita top shell and I'm sure you could cram in another little battery but I can't be bothered.

Check beginning of my post.
Don't use two batteries with different capacity it will lead to one overtaking other.
That's why I created this SINGLE battery mod.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do believe there's room for the bigger 4000mah capacity batteries but I can't be bothered testing those chinese ones. I bought quality batteries. The official ones samsung sell I guess. From the biggest and most trusted company in my country which isn't the US.

Two hours on the sly cooper loading screen. Screen automatically dims down. Battery indicator haven't moved at all. It's still full. Something should happen fairly soon.

Last edited by isoboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls