PS1/2 PS2 softmod

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ANY backup with ANY method will play; not the original. It does not change the signal tough if your TV does not support NTSC the image will be fu. But most LCD TVs support both signals nowadays.

onedementedsmurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having myself one hell of a time trying to install FMCB. I got a retail copy of 007: Agent Under Fire ($1.99 @ GameStop) Black disc. I have an NTSC PS2 Slim (SCPH-70001, Date Code: 5B) I made an ISO of it using the latest ImgBurn, used Apache 1.1 to change the TOC of DRIVING.ELF to match the uncompressed BOOT.ELF from uLE 4.42a (1072020), renamed the uncompressed BOOT.ELF to DRIVING.ELF and used Apache to replace the file, burned the modified ISO using multiple methods all on ImgBurn (2.4x on Verbatim LightScribe DVD+R book type to DVD-ROM, patched the ISO with Memento burned @ 2.4x on Verbatim LightScribe DVD+R book type to DVD-ROM, Memento patched burned @ 2.4x on Verbatim LightScribe DVD+R normal book type, and non-Memento patched @ 4x on Verbatim DVD-R) all have had the same results, after swapping the disc and starting level 2 I get nothing more than a blank screen. I have also noticed that all the discs if attempted to boot directly say cannot be read on the PS2. Am I doing something wrong? I'm running out of patience for this (as well as blank discs). I'm really desperate to get this working so I don't have my 6-year old son handling the original discs and scratching them to hell.. :/

I've lost track of the number of tutorials I've read on doing this as well videos I've watched.

P.S. Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, if not could you please point me in the right direction?

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok so help me out here please if i want to use a usb hdd for my backups i need a network adapter right? so the better way is to go with burned discs because the front usb is to slow right?. can i also play burned ps1 games with fmcb? and where can i find a up to date list with people providing fmcb servises

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I do this with a slim silver PS2? Sorry, something confused me on here. Just making sure I'm not wasting time with this. :/

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone who didn't knew yet, if you have a network adapter and a HDD in your PS2, you can now ditch the FreeMCBoot mem card. You can now install it as FreeHDBoot and have it boot up the hacked OSDSYS from the HDD

Cool. I was looking at a tutorial for this.....do I really need to format my hard drive to get this to work? I don't want to have to install all the games again.

D

Deleted User

Hi guys, is there a way to change Free HDboot configuration on a computer? I was fucking around and disabled the hacked OSDSYS and can't find a key to boot to the configs. Using a USB to boot FREEHDB.CNF gets the logo stuck.

jamespoo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i have a ps2 sata network adapter and 500gb hdd if i get a memory card with free mcboot on it off ebay will i be able to play ps2 games off the hdd?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I get this thread is pretty much dead and all, but lately decided to find a way to softmod my PS2 (I have the last EU Slim model from right before it was discontinued) and since I have no games like Agent Under Fire or any special disks, I've been wondering about something... Since you just need to have the appropriate files in the memory card in order to run homebrew and backups, if you use a bit of electronics "magic" to temporarily attach to the memory card a USB connector (not that hard if you find what pins correspond to what), would the contents be readable using a computer? If it works and the memory card files aren't encrypted (if they are this wouldn't work), that would make the exploit a lot cheaper and easier to implement... Hoping someone can answer me and just to test it out, if anyone has the scematics for the basic Sony MagicGate 8MB memory card or at least what each pin is, it would help a lot.

Little edit: For example, I just looked and it's pin 3 is ground for certain, pins 1 and 2 are Vin and Vout (although don't know which is which yet), so that leaves pins 4-6...

Last edited by ThoD,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone