OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello Guys! I'm just here to show my experience using a PS3 on a LG CRT Monitor (From 2002).
And Since i never saw anyone trying this, i'm here to tell the Pros and Cons of using this type of Screen on a Modern Console (Ok, not so modern, but still a HDMI Ready Console)

cHll45N.jpg

k93PkS5.jpg

Pros:
  1. The Image are AMAZING!! i have an OLED TV on my Parents Room, and the image are even better than the OLED, Basically the CRT creates a natural Anti-Aliasing and the Colors are impressive.
  2. The Angle of View are another problem who the CRT doesn't have, you basically can play from any angle without any color problem.
  3. The Tube has No Lag at All. even with the HDMI Adapter.
  4. It runs on 720p, Yes, the CRT have the ability to show HD Imagens, and you can change the aspect ratio of the screen to create a Wide-Screen and Play all your games in HD. (PS: if you have an Sony or Sharp Studio CRT Monitor or an Apple CRT, you can play in 1080p or 1440p, just check your monitor max resolution.)
  5. And, they are Cheap! in my country you can buy a CRT Monitor 17" for R$20,00 (US$6,00) or R$45,00(US$15,00) for a Brand New One.

Cons:
  1. The Screens are really Small. The Huge Tube i ever saw was an 24" CRT Monitor from Sony to use on Studios or with Silicon Graphics Workstations. it was Widescreen who is already amazing, but they are REALLY expansive, normally you will find one for the same price of a brand new LCD/LED Screen for Gaming.
  2. If the Electricity in your country are expansive, wait for a huge bill. The CRT uses more power than a LCD Screen, for example, My Sony Multiscan 400PS consumes 250Wh, more than my computer (A i7 MacBook Pro) with my external Screen.
  3. 4:3 are impossible with Modern Consoles. The PS3 for example Just Send imagens in Square Like Screens on 480p, so, the games will look horrible if you try this. The Only console who i know who sends a HD Image on 4:3 or 5:4 Screen are the Xbox 360 With a VGA Cable. (The Dreamcast, another console with VGA cable, sends only 480p, but since the graphics are simple, you will not have a problem to use this one).
  4. PS4 and Xbox One will not Work sound with your HDMI to VGA adapter won't have a P2 Audio Out. The PS3 has the old RCA Cable interface and you can choose to use that to get the Audio, but its not simple and add one more cable to your desk.

Final Thoughts:

If you want a use to your old CRT Monitor, and likes the image of the Tube and play on a short distance, thats a great idea. But its only for people who wants to experience it. The main problem are the Size and the consumption of Energy. If you live in US, i recommend to buy and WideScreen CRT if you want to try it or use it. they are expansive, but have a lot of them on Ebay.

Reactions: foob

Guscrt

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Massa meu, tentei ligar o meu ps4 e ps3 num monitor crt com o conversor hdmi2vga mini mas a imagem fica piscando, qual voce usou?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?