Gaming Ps4 disc question

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sold my wii u and a collection of nearly 15 years worth of old games from various consoles. Took the 320 bucks i made and got a ps4.

Now i have noticed when installing a disc it only takes a few seconds. Something the xbox can take a hour at best to do.

So i am wondering. Does the ps4 only install cut seens?, like the ps3. Meaning physical copies take up less hard drive space then the xbox one...cause xbone installs the whole disc.

Or is the blu ray drive on the ps4 faster?

Sloth7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I think it depends on the game...
For me bo3 was installing for a couple of h...
And yeah it installs the whole game.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It installs the whole game, but you only need a small bit of it before the game starts. It keeps installing after you're allowed to start it, but certain features or modes might not be available until it's further along in the install.

Reactions: chartube12

Farz_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I think a couple people might have said but yh I THINK it depends on the game some games might be faster than others or they might jus download cut scenes but I know that some games actually take a long time to install from a disk

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the PS4 has a pretty fast hard drive, and the Blu-ray drive is also fast. And the hard drive is connected through SATA3 I believe. So it makes the connection to and from the hard drive even faster (But it cannot go faster then the speed of the hard drive anyway).

I wonder if I could replace the hard drive with one of my 1TB Samsung SSD's, and have the PS4 format the drive. Because I'm pretty sure the PS4 uses it's own proprietary format for its storage devices.

Does anyone know if that is possible? To replace the PS4 Hard drive with your own SSD you have laying around?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I have heard of the Fallout TV series. Many people thought it was good.