PS4 Kernel Exploit Released for 4.05 OFW

After teasing the exploit recently on Discord, SpecterDev has officially released his kernel exploit for PS4 firmware version 4.05.

Official announcement

Code:
https://github.com/Cryptogenic/PS4-4.05-Kernel-Exploit

TLDNR (From GitHub):
In this project you will find a full implementation of the "namedobj" kernel exploit for the PlayStation 4 on 4.05. It will allow you to run arbitrary code as kernel, to allow jailbreaking and kernel-level modifications to the system. This release however, does not contain any code related to defeating anti-piracy mechanisms or running homebrew. This exploit does include a loader that listens for payloads on port 9020 and will execute them upon receival.

In case you want to get a PS4 <=4.05
https://gbatemp.net/threads/suggestion-ps4-bundles-firmware-list.487337/

UPDATE:

Last edited by Scarecrow B,

Al-Azif

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you make the modded version? Your latest version works perfectly I just can’t connect through ftp after sending the hello.bin payload..

Yeah v0.3.3 will stay open if there is an error when running with double click. You can also select to host IDC's (rather than Specter's) exploit to get root access with FTP if you want.

Are you leaving the exploit page open after sending the payload?

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah v0.3.3 will stay open if there is an error when running with double click. You can also select to host IDC's (rather than Specter's) exploit to get root access with FTP if you want.

Are you leaving the exploit page open after sending the payload?

I will try the very latest version and see how i get on, thanks for the advice :)

EDIT: @Al-Azif The v0.3.4 version give me a black screen and shuts down my ps4 after running the exploit.

EDIT: @seanp2500 How the %^&* did you get the ftp connect? Ive tried every version of the exploit host i can get my hands on and Filezilla never connects........

Last edited by nikeymikey,

Al-Azif

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I will try the very latest version and see how i get on, thanks for the advice :)

EDIT: @Al-Azif The v0.3.4 version give me a black screen and shuts down my ps4 after running the exploit.

EDIT: @seanp2500 How the %^&* did you get the ftp connect? Ive tried every version of the exploit host i can get my hands on and Filezilla never connects........

Kernel Panic... lucky you, that happens every once in a while, has nothing to do with the hosting script but the exploits themselves

D

Deleted User

i used wifi did you try the link on my vid boss? just for the record i got it working both ways (im uh kinda like cray cray) but I recorded the whole thing man. The entire thing. But simple person said use wifi. I hope this helps....oh one more thing I mean it's easy to overlook. Did you hex edit the ip cause i mean...

now about that. I never could get the hex edit to work (now why is that? I am puzzled meself) so I thought outside the box a little. So if the ip worked for a dev and it won't work for me when i try to hex to my ip why don't i use his ip? Bamm. it worked. I really hope it helps you.

You can call me puma pablo...

Last edited by ,

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used wifi did you try the link on my vid boss? just for the record i got it working both ways (im uh kinda like cray cray) but I recorded the whole thing man. The entire thing. But simple person said use wifi. I hope this helps....oh one more thing I mean it's easy to overlook. Did you hex edit the ip cause i mean...

now about that. I never could get the hex edit to work (now why is that? I am puzzled meself) so I thought outside the box a little. So if the ip worked for a dev and it won't work for me when i try to hex to my ip why don't i use his ip? Bamm. it worked. I really hope it helps you.

Hex editing the IP for me didn't work as well. I installed the PS4 SDK and just compiled the FTP payload myself. (After editing the default IP that was in there.) Once I did that I didn't get any errors when the payload was sent (Would constantly get a "Not enough system memory" error.) and FTP worked like a charm. Would definitely recommend just compiling it with your IP.

D

Deleted User

me don't know how devin. My intelligence is more mimic than anything. I never got to go to school for computers (going now but it's meh). I taught myself what i know and on the job kinda thing. The thought of compiling was just ugh...

So I just thought around it?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
me don't know how devin. My intelligence is more mimic than anything. I never got to go to school for computers (going now but it's meh). I taught myself what i know and on the job kinda thing. The thought of compiling was just ugh...

So I just thought around it?

Whatever works, works. I was tempted to just change my IP to the one in the already compiled payload but my ISP has it so my IPs start with 10.0.X.XXX. It just wasn't liking that IP being hex edited into it. There's a tutorial at a place I can't mention that shows you how to set up the PS4 SDK and if anyone wants me to compile an FTP payload for them (If hex editing doesn't work.) then I'd be glad to do so.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Whatever works, works. I was tempted to just change my IP to the one in the already compiled payload but my ISP has it so my IPs start with 10.0.X.XXX. It just wasn't liking that IP being hex edited into it. There's a tutorial at a place I can't mention that shows you how to set up the PS4 SDK and if anyone wants me to compile an FTP payload for them (If hex editing doesn't work.) then I'd be glad to do so.

thank you. I might ask for such help one day and I am sure it will help others. So yeah I had SAME PROBLEM. So what I did was uh kept dl compiled payloads till I found one using 192.168.0. like me...

see what I did there...? lol....

Last edited by ,

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Lol as you said i overlooked the hex edit part...... durrrrr to much drinky over christmas i think has affected my brain :)
I have now hex edited the payload to match my ip 192.168.1.??? :)

I will test it once my daughter stops playing Switch on the living room TV..... Damn thing is supposed to be portable :)

D

Deleted User

IT WORKED!!! Although i had to use the idc exploit. Thanks for the assist :)

Now to work out how to block all sonys servers at the router... ya know... just in case :)

please pm me the list you find because I think that is a must

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No. It just meant that you needed 3.55 to hack the console, once that was done you could update to the latest fw as a cfw version was usually available a week or so after the ofw release.

Sorry, you are wrong or people wouldn't have been buying True Blue dongles (which were a DRM mechanism for their patched eboots for later games running on 3.55) or hacking the True Blue eboots to run on standard 3.55

http://www.ps3hax.net/?s=true+blue

Either you weren't active back in those days, or you've forgotten.

Last edited by smf,

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, you are wrong or people wouldn't have been buying True Blue dongles (which were a DRM mechanism for their patched eboots for later games running on 3.55) or hacking the True Blue eboots to run on standard 3.55

http://www.ps3hax.net/?s=true+blue

Were you even there???? Yes there were dongles, the ORIGINAL ps3 hack on 3.41 was with a dongle.

You are referring to a dongle which had drm on eboot patches to make higher firmware games run. My statement was about being able to update the firmware on the console as and when Sony released an update.... A short time later a CFW version would be released, sometimes multiple slightly different versions, which we could update to and access PSN, play the latest fw requiring games etc.

Go here http://ps3history.net and start at August 2010 :)

Last edited by nikeymikey,

hirvimies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I am using 10.0.0.x-adresses in my LAN and also had problems with sending the ps4ftp-payload after hex-editing the file. Since a 10.0.0.X address uses less bytes than a 192.168.0.X address I had to pad the file with 0's until it matched the original file. In the end, the IP-address should begin at Hex adr. 5900 and be padded with 0's so that the next data begins at Hex adr. 591D.

This is not a clean solution, I feel filthy using this instead of just compiling it with the correct IP from the start but it gets the job done for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.