Hacking PS4 Linux on 4.05

D

Deleted User

disregard my post I compiled just fine using linux subsystem in windows 10 (and learned how to compile new skill unlocked haha) now for test

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
disregard my post I compiled just fine using linux subsystem in windows 10 (and learned how to compile new skill unlocked haha) now for test

Just a heads up that newer models of the PS4 are having difficulties running Linux at the moment. I have a Slim that just black screens and refused to boot anything unless I hard reset.

D

Deleted User

Just a heads up that newer models of the PS4 are having difficulties running Linux at the moment. I have a Slim that just black screens and refused to boot anything unless I hard reset.

we need to talk or something dm me on twitter? But like here is where I am at. darbness.com does not load for me fully. I can inject payload via netcat gui but nothing happens. Maybe page need to be fully loaded? I try to do local no joy either (but I am not on darbness.com.) I tried to use his payload sender but it can't connect locally or network (but netcat does so I don't think it's me) if I use netcat do i need a certain port? Thanks for your help.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we need to talk or something dm me on twitter? But like here is where I am at. darbness.com does not load for me fully. I can inject payload via netcat gui but nothing happens. Maybe page need to be fully loaded? I try to do local no joy either (but I am not on darbness.com.) I tried to use his payload sender but it can't connect locally or network (but netcat does so I don't think it's me) if I use netcat do i need a certain port? Thanks for your help.

Same port and everything. The exploit hosted on Darb's website is idc's forked version of SpecterDev's exploit. It's loaded but the page on the PS4 won't display the "Waiting for Payload" message like Specter's does. (The page will just look like it's still loading.)

What happens with me is that I'll load idc's exploit locally and then send the Linux Loader payload. Nothing happens but if I leave the PS4 running for a couple minutes after sending the payload it black screens. (But no Linux.)

What model PS4 do you have?

D

Deleted User

this is what I needed to know. I need to be patient. Makes perfect sense. I will credit you if this works.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is what I needed to know. I need to be patient. Makes perfect sense. I will credit you if this works.

The Linux loader should load instantly. If you're having to wait it's most likely because you have a newer model PS4 and the Linux Loader isn't working on it yet.

D

Deleted User

i am now in ubuntu linux on 4.05 you must have 2 usb drives for this to work.

Last edited by ,

ecHs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Linux loader should load instantly. If you're having to wait it's most likely because you have a newer model PS4 and the Linux Loader isn't working on it yet.
The linux loader is working at least on 2016 slim models. i recompiled a ps4pro kernel and it boots using the ps4 linux loader.

i always have to wait 1-2 minutes before the screen turns off. after that linux loads in a couple of seconds.

you can use my initrd to at least have a shell over network. using chroot i'm running the modified fedora23.

there is no video output at the moment, but i'm working on it ;)

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

The linux loader is working at least on 2016 slim models. i recompiled a ps4pro kernel and it boots using the ps4 linux loader.

i always have to wait 1-2 minutes before the screen turns off. after that linux loads in a couple of seconds.

you can use my initrd to at least have a shell over network. using chroot i'm running the modified fedora23.

there is no video output at the moment, but i'm working on it ;)

you sir make me smile

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end