Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Lumince

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did actually buy one few days back and to be honest it does run quieter than 7000 series but as of performance i found it same as OG Ps4 on my 1080p monitor.
I got the destiny 2 model. I just wanted a white ps4 pro lol Mine runs really quiet :)

Reactions: RyoX9

Trash_McPhail

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for this, didn't even know they'd done a minor revision. Mine sounds like a train when playing Battlefront 2 on a 4k telly.

RyoX9

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for this, didn't even know they'd done a minor revision. Mine sounds like a train when playing Battlefront 2 on a 4k telly.
i would not recommend buying the new revision as i dont think it will be any different after few months or a year when thermal paste drys out, just replace thermal paste on your ps4 pro with arctic silver 5 and hopefully things will be fine.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have a 7100 model (CUH-7116B).

The power-on button is flimsy, the glowing bar on the bottom cut has holes through which the light peeks through (not enough glue, Sony? really?), and it feels cheap.

They're starting to pull the same shit they did with the PSP "street" - which was probably the derpiest PSP I've ever seen in my life (and I've seen A LOT, trust me on this). Returned that shit the same day I purchased it. Their standards have clearly dropped ever since the PS2. I mean, ffs... Sony is a Japanese company run by westerner idiots! Never had these hardware corner-cuttings with Nintendo. Ever. Say what you will, but Nintendo makes some sturdy-ass hardware. It's probably the Japanese way of perfecting things, which Sony clearly doesn't have any more.

It comes with OFW 4.73 out of the box, just so you know ("Boost Mode" was introduced in 4.50), so there's no 4.05 hope. Only the initial models came with 3.70 (for whatever reason), the rest are 4.07+.

Oh, and the left stick on the controller feels mushy. It has maybe half the stiffness of the right stick, which is SO fucking distracting when playing any game that requires both. Another fine example of corner-cutting. Way to go, Sony...

It's not an "improved version, with a newer internal design, and more efficient architecture". It's the version that they're mass-producing these days, with as low cost as possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the...