PS4HEN, a Homebrew ENabler, releases for PS4 4.05

ps4_homebrew-768x576.jpg

(Thanks to @OfficialThibobo for the above image.)
VVildCard777 has just released a homebrew enabler in the form of a binary payload for PS4 firmware 4.05.[prebreak]1[/prebreak] In addition to announcing his development on twitter, he also gives a hefty amount of credit to users flat_z for his writeup on how to handle PS4 Fake PKGs and SELF / FSELF, notzecoxao and psxdev for their assistance with the project, and IDC for his codebase. This homebrew enabler allows PS4 users on this firmware to not only launch homebrew applications, custom themes, BGM, and packages, but will also eventually allow users to run their backup PS4 games.

This enabler is available through VV1LD's GitHub page here, with instructions found in the included ReadMe. Users must first run the kernel exploit (either from browser or manual) and inject the payload that way (how to run kernel exploit) Afterwards, it's as simple as installing the desired homebrew pkg through Settings/☆Debug Settings/Game/Package Installer and running it as an application. Pictured above is a test homebrew package, which simply prints a "Hello world!" message on the screen.

Note that it's recommended to disable your PS4's internet connection before installing the package, as some users have reported a prompt asking to install the latest firmware. The kernel exploit currently will not work on any firmwares above 4.05, so don't update if you plan to make use of this.

:arrow:Source

Last edited by Meteor7,
D

Deleted User

read some misguided comments here so just want to put good info out there. Remember that ps4 can now install linux. All models. People thought pros can't but this was a misunderstanding. They just need a new linux image. Why do I bring this up because some people will think they wouldn't want a pro when they would. A pro would make a great linux pc as like a dual boot option. With that said.

Not everyone is focus on piracy. Sure in terms of piracy having a pro is not super big deal. Working vr would be nice though. But for homebrew it will be quite helpful. This is the point of homebrew. Taking full advantage of a machines resources. Or perhaps even allowing for upgrades or features the oem did not.

Last edited by ,

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of is there a simple way to update from 3.55 or later to 4.05 ? something like specific game with 4.05 FW on the disk

Just download the official 4.05FW from online, place on your USB and update that way. - This way you'll know you're putting in 4.05FW instead of hoping that version will be on said disc.

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of is there a simple way to update from 3.55 or later to 4.05 ? something like specific game with 4.05 FW on the disk

I just downloaded the 4.05 update(you can google search it) and put it on a thumb stick and updated.

So do you have to launch the exploit each time before launching a game? or just one time to install it?

You have to inject the payload each time the system is powered on.

Last edited by skydancer93,
D

Deleted User

How did you fix that? I'm on the same site you're on and I didn't see a fix.

Also, if anyone can help, every time I use the VTX payload for FTP, I always get a "not enough system memory" error. Any way to fix that or use another payload for FTP?

whooaaaa what's with all the hostility! fix is in the thread for the dump??

D

Deleted User

yeah I'm not seeing any hostility.

"I'm on the same site you're on and I didn't see a fix."

lol i mean i just thought it was a funny thing to say. I still helped him tho!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, would I need to manually add my PC address to the payload or is it automatic? Just want to make sure I don't screw anything up.

automatic! isn't it grand friend! i actually made a video about it i think its so great!

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I'm on the same site you're on and I didn't see a fix."

lol i mean i just thought it was a funny thing to say. I still helped him tho!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

automatic! isn't it grand friend! i actually made a video about it i think its so great!

So, it's a new payload or a new exploit? and where I can find it? Sorry for all the questions, just new to all this and there's so much coming out, my head is swimming. I missed the news about the fix as I just came back from seeing Star Wars for the fifth time so far...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/3Wjm8TD cheap