PS4HEN, a Homebrew ENabler, releases for PS4 4.05

ps4_homebrew-768x576.jpg

(Thanks to @OfficialThibobo for the above image.)
VVildCard777 has just released a homebrew enabler in the form of a binary payload for PS4 firmware 4.05.[prebreak]1[/prebreak] In addition to announcing his development on twitter, he also gives a hefty amount of credit to users flat_z for his writeup on how to handle PS4 Fake PKGs and SELF / FSELF, notzecoxao and psxdev for their assistance with the project, and IDC for his codebase. This homebrew enabler allows PS4 users on this firmware to not only launch homebrew applications, custom themes, BGM, and packages, but will also eventually allow users to run their backup PS4 games.

This enabler is available through VV1LD's GitHub page here, with instructions found in the included ReadMe. Users must first run the kernel exploit (either from browser or manual) and inject the payload that way (how to run kernel exploit) Afterwards, it's as simple as installing the desired homebrew pkg through Settings/☆Debug Settings/Game/Package Installer and running it as an application. Pictured above is a test homebrew package, which simply prints a "Hello world!" message on the screen.

Note that it's recommended to disable your PS4's internet connection before installing the package, as some users have reported a prompt asking to install the latest firmware. The kernel exploit currently will not work on any firmwares above 4.05, so don't update if you plan to make use of this.

:arrow:Source

Last edited by Meteor7,

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, how hard is it to get a 4.05 PS4? :P

Shouldn't be very hard. I bought mine off of Amazon and it came on 3.51. (Uncharted 4 PS4 Slim bundle. Unopened.)

On a side note I'm glad to see the PS4 scene is progressing. My PS4 was just sitting in a corner on my desk gathering dust. Then I realized that I don't really care for homebrew and that most of the games that I would actually want to play will/do require 4.06+ firmware so I updated.

Last edited by Devin,
Reactions: heraymo and Nezztor

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
OP
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
So, how hard is it to get a 4.05 PS4? :P
I actually spent a fair bit of time trying to get my hands on a PS4 Pro sub 4.05 firmware, recently, and it really took quite a while. Normal PS4s seem to be relatively easy to come across, with bundles still being sold on Amazon (check this thread for details about PS4 bundle firmwares), but getting my hands on a Pro below 4.05 was difficult. I was lucky, though, and after stalking eBay for a few weeks sending firmware questions to every used listing I could find, I saw a one pop up for a 3.70 Pro. I swept it up early, and that's how I got mine. Shadowing aftermarkets is probably the best way to get a good deal, but listings specifically advertising low-firmware consoles are going to start showing up much more as things progress, so while the prices are definitely going to rise before they start to fall, finding one will get easier with time.

Lmaokernel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're looking for a pro 4.05 or under get a launch edition. But be careful cuz some ebayers and Amazon third party sellers lie. I pre-ordered mine and it came on 3.80 or something

Sent from my toaster running Rebug

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Some time ago placed my bet on this system, as it looked promising. I do no regret my decision, but it has been a long way since. I'm really glad to see efforts paying off and yielding impressive results. I wish for the ps4 scene to become greater and greater over time. Congratulations to the devs.

I would like to make a call for action to homebrew developers and enthusiasts to jump into the scene once the homebrew buildsystem simplifies a little bit.

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
we need tutorial :3

I think you only can install the games you own he dump his games from his hdd so for now we need to wait to be able to install another persons backups

Edit: you can actually instal that demo now not shure for other games

Last edited by Nezztor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8