Homebrew [PSA] The lastest mGBA nightly runs pretty fast.

Roboman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait I remember getting full speed fairly easily, using my n3ds and dynarec over a year back. Whats this about not even full speed with these major improvements?

Reactions: smallissue

Roboman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even Mother 3 and Golden Sun 2? Those are the more intensive games on GBA hardware.
I only ever really played minish cap, and when I used the 'fast forward' feature I only got about 150% speed, so it didn't have much power to spare. But are you guys really saying that with these massive improvements, on n3ds with dynarec, it still can't reach full speed on certain games?

Last edited by Roboman,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only ever really played minish cap, and when I used the 'fast forward' feature I only got about 150% speed, so it didn't have much power to spare. But are you guys really saying that with these massive improvemebts, on n3ds with dynarec, it still can't reach full speed on certain games?

Well, ABG_FIRM uses virtualization, actual hardware in DS mode. mGBA uses software to emulate the hardware, so it's far from perfect, it will take time to optimize. Are you sure it was mGBA and not gPSP?

Reactions: fenderjaguar

Roboman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, ABG_FIRM uses virtualization, actual hardware in DS mode. mGBA uses software to emulate the hardware, so it's far from perfect, it will take time to optimize. Are you sure it was mGBA and not gPSP?
Actually Gpsp sounds like it is what I was using. It was from retroarch.

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome that emulation has greatly improved. But what I want to know is, do save files still show up on the file select menu? If so, is there any way to relocate them so they're not in the way?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything specific that I need to do to get this to work? I installed the CIA, then went to try Pokemon Emerald. I just get "Loading...", the game never starts, and the 3DS locks up to where I can't even use the Home button, and I have to completely power off the system.

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by DominoBright, , Reason: Still doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.