Homebrew PSA: we don't know anything about homebrew or piracy on Switch

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
this guy has the right idea. :toot:

let's come up with names for homebrew and piracy tools, before they are out, so time isn't wasted later on.
hurry up guys.

GarlicCFW. Because peeling Onions is not enough.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't have to make a thread like this since it's obvious no one would know anything about homebrew and piracy on a device that isn't even released to the general public yet.

Last edited by cvskid,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
switchack. switchftp. switchcheat. switchbru
Works well enough.

And since nvidia worked with nintendo on custom API and other stuff, hopefully the ball will get dropped between the two.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let it be pure for a while. Maybe some cool web applications optimized for the Switch and Switch controls, but it's always nice to have the pure, unhackable console at some point. Hopefully we'll have Homebrew soon, and let's hope that piracy doesn't happen for a long time.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
We're already starting to see threads pop up asking about exploit, homebrew, flashcart and piracy possibilities on the Switch. Put simply:
  • We have no idea about the hardware or software on the Switch
  • Even if we did know, it took several years to break the Wii U and 3DS, so it's likely that we won't know about any exploits for the Switch for a similar timescale
There is absolutely no point posting threads asking what the possibilities will be for homebrew or piracy on the Switch. Any discussion of this is purely speculative and completely unhelpful in any endeavours to actually hack the console.

Please just be patient. It will happen when it happens.

Yeah but what about homebrew? Has there been any progress?

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about next for the names, from nx.

Nexthax
Nextool
Nextshop

Ok, if we put next on our names, we'll be just as bad at naming as Nintendo.

Reactions: Quantumcat

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
YOU might not know anything about homebrew or piracy on the switch, but this guy i know, he knows someone who works at the company who supplies the cleaning supplies for the janitors that nintendo employ, in their offices in japan.

now, believe my buddy or not, but he heard about a little post-it note on one of the computers, granted this has been translated from japanese->french->italian->english, but the gist of the note was:
"lego indiana jones wii vc game, no time to fix exploit, Indiana Pwns exploit still possible"

so, take from this what you will, but i think this means day 1 piracy.

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well one thing is certain, We can port the tv screen to our computers from hdmi so no need to have a capture card of any sort to stream.
As far as homebrew, although I'd love to have a port of n64 or ps2 and play grandia 2 off of it, We have only been able to access a fraction of the data usage on the 3ds as is; That and I'd like to see it succeed. It's our support of buying games for nintendo that keeps there company alive. Everyone knows gamestops got there hands in the sales, and when they left puerto rico because of tax increases you know piracy online was hurting them.

D

Deleted User

I know it's way too soon to tell, but I was wondering about it not too long ago. I wonder how Switch OS will be.
As long as it's stable, works well, and has good music the the Wii U's OS, I think I'll be pretty happy with whatever Nintendo does for the Switch's OS.

baselhamad

"F*CK israel", Free Free Palestine #فلسطيني_وأفتخر
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys, every product by nintendo is hacked, in my opinion, the Wii U and the 3DS is the most Easiest hack ever, Nintendo is really stupid, because we did a something impossible and it was installing games to your wii u without CFW or nintendo eshop hacking, that's hilarious, even the 3DS we've hacked it, we can install legit cia games without eshop or CFW. So i think the nintendo switch will be hacked in future (like 2-4 years)

Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

guys, every product by nintendo is hacked, in my opinion, the Wii U and the 3DS is the most Easiest hack ever, Nintendo is really stupid, because we did a something impossible and it was installing games to your wii u without CFW or nintendo eshop hacking, that's hilarious, even the 3DS we've hacked it, we can install legit cia games without eshop or CFW. So i think the nintendo switch will be hacked in future (like 2-4 years)
The Wii U is pretty stupid, but the 3DS has better security IMO. The main issue is that Nintendo changed the way the 3DS' security worked a few times, opening new security holes in the process. (They did change it, right? or am I just remembering something wrong?)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: baselhamad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night