Hacking PSP Error 80020148 "This game could not be started"

Isaak_Hlr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I have a PSP 1000 running 6.60 PRO-B10. All my emulators were working fine but all of the sudden none of them were working right (I don't know what I did honestly) Most of the time, when I open one, it will start the PSP bootscreen and then show a black screen for 5 seconds and then my PSP would restart. Some of them also give me the error: 80020148 - This game could not be started. I literally can't open any application. Even updates won't open. What I'd like to do is get rid of my CFW so I can start from scratch and update to 6.61 CFW. But every tutorial online for how to get rid of CFW doesn't work for me because none of the applications open. I've tried using on OFW update from Sony.... error. I've tried running EBOOT.PBP from the recovery menu... as soon as I select it, my PSP restarts. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you! :-)

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
Theres a homebrew app that can reinstall psp system files from scratch but you need a pandora battery for that to work.

Cant remember the app anymore, I guess mr google can help you with that.

ImmortalGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
first time ive heard about this problem, but i would try what slaphappygamer said:

have you tried ejecting and reinserting the memory card? had a similar problem with my ds. the contacts on the cartridge got dirty.

for me its just the emulators that have problems. they keep glitching and get stuck when loading levels.

Last edited by ImmortalGamer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.