ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

DDD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DDD & @Midgetgirl05 , can you send me your savefiles ? I can't reproduce this error, so make sure you don't have a "resources" folder left in PSSE's directory too.
well idk how to send you my file (i just started using this site, sorry for a late reply) i happily would though. Removing the resources folder solved the problem, mostly. It ran into an error when i came across Shiny Diancie and Shiny Gardevoir, maybe because those weren't legally available at the time you updated PSSE (Shiny Diancie is available now legally, but PSSE still comes across an error when i come across it.)

Reactions: Midgetgirl05

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DDD & @Midgetgirl05 , can you send me your savefiles ? I can't reproduce this error, so make sure you don't have a "resources" folder left in PSSE's directory too.

Sure, not a problem. I can't even figure out how its working cuz I don't SEE a resources folder on the SD card anywhere.

well idk how to send you my file (i just started using this site, sorry for a late reply) i happily would though. Removing the resources folder solved the problem, mostly. It ran into an error when i came across Shiny Diancie and Shiny Gardevoir, maybe because those weren't legally available at the time you updated PSSE (Shiny Diancie is available now legally, but PSSE still comes across an error when i come across it.)

Where did you find the resources folder at? If I knew where it was I would delete it and see if that helped.

Edit: Never mind....folder was on my desktop BUT because I need to clean it up cuz there is too much crap on it I didn't see the folder at first *facepalm*

Last edited by Midgetgirl05, , Reason: I was a derp and JUST found the folder now that I'm not 3/4ths asleep *face palm, rolls eyes at self* Don't mind me, just being a derp lol

thegamemaster8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I missed it completely !
I was afraid for a bit since I hardcoded a list long ago for PSSE thus didn't remember where it was stored. I was able to find Pokeload.bin back though (#13 on a 1.4.19 dump), and from reading it not only are there 60 stages but the table of encounters changed too ! Basically everything in PSSE regarding Survival Mode right now is garbage...

Here's a quick how-to read that file, so that I don't forget again :blush:, please wait for me to code something so PSSE can use it :
As usual :
0x00 = # of entries
0x04 = length of entries
(0x08 & 0xC are beginning and length of file's name)
0x10 = beginning of relevant data
0x14 = length of relevant data
(0x18 & 0x1C are start and length of some kind of hash)

Entries :
0x00 (2.5 bytes) = # of entry (# of corresponding step in survival mode)
0x02 (high bit) - 0x05 (low bit) = min & max possible stage # (12 bits each)
0x05 (high) - 0x07 = ???
0x08 - 0x13 = stages not allowed in previous interval (10 bits each)
Example : 03 00 B0 00 93 40 03 00 15 B4 B0 04 69 F8 21 08 87 48 02 00
0 00 03 = 3rd fight
0 93 00 B = possible stages are between 0x00B (11) & 0x093 (147)
To read last part, separate them in 32-bits groups and translate them into binary. There are 3 10-bits long stage numbers per chunk.
Just believe me when I say excluded stages are #21, 45, 75, 105, 126, 130, 135 & 146.

EDIT : I just commited something that should work, please consider it an alpha version if you try to build it yourself (I messed with a lot of things at once). The release will come once everything is confirmed working, probably alongside next game's version.

Hey, take your time. I'm in no hurry. I just thought it would be a good idea to let know about that change. I should also mention they updated the Game's version to 1.4.20 this past Tuesday, though they mostly didn't add much other than a few Special Stages and pass out a Shiny Mewtwo for free similar to how they passed out the Shiny Tyranitar.

They didn't really change anything with the currently legitimate available Pokemon from what I've seen since 1.4.19. I found out about the tweaks to Survival Mode from the Notices you get from checking in and found the Pokemon Shuffle Wiki lists the Stage schedule and prizes if that helps.

Reactions: Midgetgirl05

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to say: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the work you have put into PSSE the past several months (and then some). You have eased my financial "burden" to stay caught up significantly and you have NO idea how much sanity you have saved me as well.

Reactions: supercarotte

thegamemaster8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to say: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the work you have put into PSSE the past several months (and then some). You have eased my financial "burden" to stay caught up significantly and you have NO idea how much sanity you have saved me as well.

Amen to that. I swear this game gets more unbalanced with each update to the point where they really seem to want to make you just throw money at this.

While I'm here, I should mention the 3DS Firmware got updated again. From the posts I've seen, it doesn't seem to have affected to many Homebrew Exploits. I use OOTHax which is working fine on my New 3DS, though I can't really speak to whether other exploits are still working or not on either Old or New 3DS.

There's a post here on GBATemp that's talking about it:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-11-6-and-homebrew.484454/

thegamemaster8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just build myself PSSE using the latest resource folder. Thought I'd upload it in case anyone wants it:
https://github.com/Madridi7/PSSE/releases/tag/v1.4.26

Just tried this out and it works perfectly! You just saved me several hours of frustration with that new Expert Stage as well as several hours of manually increasing Max Levels and upgrading new Skills.

Definitely worth the wait!

Last edited by thegamemaster8,
Reactions: Madridi

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,
I just finished pushing all my commits and publishing PSSE's newest release, you can check it out on my github, as usual. On top of updating it to v1.4.26, PSSE now has (limited, lol) support for the ongoing Limited Shop, better resource scan and Survival mode support, quite the amount of cosmetic changes and a lot of fixes. I wrote all of them in the release notes, but note that it's a lot of changed code so there may be glitches/errors. Please tell me if something goes wrong with the new version.
Special thanks to you @Madridi for providing an updated version, you allowed me to work longer on this ! :grog:
(though I'm a bit disappointed to notice that most users don't bother updating PSSE themselves. That's an issue I should try adressing)

Doesn't work. Crashes whenever I attempt to open up savedata.bin.
Try with my new release and/or copy the error message so I can see where the crash occurs.

Last edited by supercarotte,
Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hi everyone,
I just finished pushing all my commits and publishing PSSE's newest release, you can check it out on my github, as usual. On top of updating it to v1.4.26, PSSE now has (limited, lol) support for the ongoing Limited Shop, better resource scan and Survival mode support, quite the amount of cosmetic changes and a lot of fixes. I wrote all of them in the release notes, but note that it's a lot of changed code so there may be glitches/errors. Please tell me if something goes wrong with the new version.
Special thanks to you @Madridi for providing an updated version, you allowed me to work longer on this ! :grog:
(though I'm a bit disappointed to notice that most users don't bother updating PSSE themselves. That's an issue I should try adressing)

Try with my new release and/or copy the error message so I can see where the crash occurs.
Awesome work! I didn't think my simple resource update will inspire you to further work on this. I'm glad it did lol

Those are some nice changes right there. I'll be sure to report back any issues I may face (if any). I'm mostly glad for the fix to allow higher number so that loading a save game from a version that's higher than what the current resource folder is.

Btw, the github link you posted isn't working for me. Had to go to your github from your sig instead :P

Reactions: supercarotte

TheMCNerd2017

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

Never mind that old comment I posted. I got it working by copying the resource files in the source code to the external resources folder. I guess it wasn't reading the internal files correctly? Not really sure.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@supercarotte

Just had a chance to check out the latest build, and I have to say, the changes are great!
The one bug that existed before, that I see still exists, is some skills are not being displayed correctly like the ones in-game.

An example of this would be: Pikachu Hoenn, Pikachu Johto, Pikachu Kalos
You can check their skills in-game and in PSSE and you'll see the difference I'm talking about.

Other than that, I love how visually nicer it is to change ranks now. I love the new bulk menu and their descriptions.
I haven't tested stuff like survival mode or resetting limited shop as they do not interest me at the moment.
Great work :D

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Also, cheating in the mobile version can be detected easily and you will be banned very fast, I quit playing the mobile version because it becomes very hard without paid items.

Kyle Link

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Nope, because the mobile version's save is backed up online so you can't just edit your local save like on 3ds and I wouldn't have time or knowledge to do it anyway.
I do not want to edit the game, I want to extract the sprites and things like that from the Mobile version, you mention that for 3DS you use Pokémon Shuffle Unpacker that unzips all the files, and I want to do that but in the Mobile version, you do not know if you can?

TheMCNerd2017

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, because the mobile version's save is backed up online so you can't just edit your local save like on 3ds and I wouldn't have time or knowledge to do it anyway.
That's odd, when Mobile Version first launched, people were getting all of the unreleased Pokemon and hacking their scores in the competitions.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I do not want to edit the game, I want to extract the sprites and things like that from the Mobile version, you mention that for 3DS you use Pokémon Shuffle Unpacker that unzips all the files, and I want to do that but in the Mobile version, you do not know if you can?

If you open the APK file you'll find the same number files as the 3ds version in the assets folder. Use shuffle's unpacker to extract the content from these. IDK the APK is up-to-date or if the mobile version stores small updates elsewhere though.

That's odd, when Mobile Version first launched, people were getting all of the unreleased Pokemon and hacking their scores in the competitions.

Well, when I stepped into the scene it was too late for this already. Feel free to try though, I never really investigate the mobile version.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I remembered using hacked apk that gives you instant win and 999999 score
Or different version that gives you 4000 score and instant win, however you will be banned within a week after using those mods, so they are useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls