Tutorial  Updated

Full PS Vita CFW Guide (h-encore + HENkaku Ensō)

This is a collaborative project between Plailect (author of 3ds.hacks.guide) and myself (emiyl, author of cfw.guide) to build the best possible up-to-date reference for the PS Vita (TV) hacks scene.

If you have a stock console and are looking to hack your device for the first time, simply read the information on the home page.

:arrow: Guide

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
In the guide it says to backup my vita card before transfering everything to mSD card (vita2SD), how do I do this?
With content manager? Or just connect my vita (slim model) via the USB to the PC and copy everything (I have 8gb Vita card inserted) ?

EDIT: OK, google told me, it's just plain copying over USB cable or FTP ;)

Last edited by Disco,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the guide it says to backup my vita card before transfering everything to mSD card (vita2SD), how do I do this?
With content manager? Or just connect my vita (slim model) via the USB to the PC and copy everything (I have 8gb Vita card inserted) ?

that is correct. content manager won't transfer over all the other files that you'll need.

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP

yup
thanks, editing the guide to be more clear now

Reactions: godreborn

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
OK, just one last question about vita2sd.
It says we must move tai folder form ux0 (vita memory card) to ur0 (vita slim's internal memory), that means that config.txt and de3.suprx must be on ur0 in ''tai'' folder?
If that is right, that means that we need to edit config.txt and change
*main
ux0:tai/de3.suprx to ur0:tai/de3.suprx

Or am I wrong?

And that means no more config files and plugins on SD card, only on internal memory?

And why we didn't do it this way right away?
Or would there be a problem with original vita memory card if we set it up that way (no ''tai'' folder on ux0)?

Last edited by Disco,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u r correct. it's to safeguard against the memory card being formatted in which case no plugin would work if they were on the memory card/micro sd. technically, the plugins can go anywhere on ur0, but it's best to keep them in the same place minus adrenaline which is good to have in the adrenaline folder of ur0.

Reactions: Disco

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
OK, just one last question about vita2sd.
It says we must move tai folder form ux0 (vita memory card) to ur0 (vita slim's internal memory), that means that config.txt and de3.suprx must be on ur0 in ''tai'' folder?
If that is right, that means that we need to edit config.txt and change
*main
ux0:tai/de3.suprx to ur0:tai/de3.suprx

Or am I wrong?

And that means no more config files and plugins on SD card, only on internal memory?

And why we didn't do it this way right away?
Or would there be a problem with original vita memory card if we set it up that way (no ''tai'' folder on ux0)?

:thinking: good point, i'll update that later
and yeah, you do need to change it to ur0

Reactions: Disco

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick inquiry: Would I be able to connect my Vita to my PC to access the Memory Card now without it trying to connect to Sony? Example:
Use any of the File Managers, hit Select (to connect via USB instead of FTP), connect to my Computer to Transfer Files.
Will it still connect to Sony even though it is not using Content Manager or QCMA?

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
Quick inquiry: Would I be able to connect my Vita to my PC to access the Memory Card now without it trying to connect to Sony? Example:
Use any of the File Managers, hit Select (to connect via USB instead of FTP), connect to my Computer to Transfer Files.
Will it still connect to Sony even though it is not using Content Manager or QCMA?
Yes

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it will communicate to Sony or it is safe to connect via USB?

Also, getting a Error if I run a Emulator and it requires too much Cache.
Using the HENkaku Enso, with my SD2Vita MicroSD as the PSPEmu Directory. I run the uoCPS2PSP Hack Roms, and I can select small Roms like a SFA Rom Hack, but if I run HSF2 or any other Rom that requires 30976KB Cache or more, it will Crash with a C1-2858-3 Error

Edit: I also tested HSF2 on the Official Latest CPS2PSP Emulator. Came up with the same Error. In Adrenaline Recovery, I do have the High Memory Layout Enabled.

Last edited by Smoker1,

hans_xx

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi,

thanks for your tutorial!

I have run into problems, if i turn on my vita it keeps saying that the memory card has to be formatted, but actually it can´t be formatted. The messages keeps after reboot/formatting.

I installed Enso and Adrenaline, that went without problems. But then I tried to set up SD2Vita, I turned the Vita off and on again, a message appeared that the database has to be refreshed and now the system is stuck.

Maybe this is caused because I did not follow this step: "Copy the backup you made earlier to the SD Card", unfortunatley I can´t find anywhere in the guide where it says that I have to make a backup.

Maybe you can rewrite the SD2Vita section.

Additionally, you mention in the SD2Vita section that you have to "Move your ux0:tai folder to ur0:tai" in the Installing Henkaku section you say: "Delete ux0:tai", so ux0:tai is already deleted, there´s nothing to move.

Now all the installed vpks are gone, I don´t see them any more. Enso is still installed, I can see it in the settings menu. If i go to henakuku.xyz/go it tells me that it´s already running.

I can´t access molecular shell or vitashell.

Does someone has a hint for me what I can do now?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: The SD2Vita card is recognized.

Last edited by hans_xx,

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
Maybe this is caused because I did not follow this step: "Copy the backup you made earlier to the SD Card", unfortunatley I can´t find anywhere in the guide where it says that I have to make a backup.

Maybe you can rewrite the SD2Vita section.

Whoops, forgot to add that step, you're supposed to back up your Vita memory card beforehand
Additionally, you mention in the SD2Vita section that you have to "Move your ux0:tai folder to ur0:tai" in the Installing Henkaku section you say: "Delete ux0:tai", so ux0:tai is already deleted, there´s nothing to move.

The extra guides are kinda separated from the main guide, I included it so people who had already set up HENkaku and wanted to set up SD2Vita wouldn't run into any issues
Now all the installed vpks are gone, I don´t see them any more. Enso is still installed, I can see it in the settings menu. If i go to henakuku.xyz/go it tells me that it´s already running.

I can´t access molecular shell or vitashell.

Does someone has a hint for me what I can do now?

Thanks in advance!

Back up your Vita memory card using VitaShell via USB or FTP. Then, copy that backup to the microSD card. Make sure you have hidden files enabled.

hans_xx

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks for your quick reply, I can´t open VitaShell cause the memory card isn´t recognized. How can I access VitaShell or MolecularShell again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey