Homebrew Python Tools for 3DS

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes me kinda wish I still had 4.5. Everybody can run code so easily now :)

I spent like 3 days wal-mart and pawn shop hopping until I got a blue 4.3.0 XL. This thread just fills me with so much hope.
Katara_smiles_at_coronation.png

Reactions: SLiV3R and minexew

tomiga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0x20282159 minus 1 byte!

Now I'm coding my stereographic library to play with simple 3d effects. Hope to have some results for the week end.

Be sure to post them! This is all really awesome and gives some light after the whole GW brick thing. Checking out the source to the Mandlebrot generator right now.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah thank goodness for some nice positive stuff, its so cool seeing this progress so quickly, love the PoC work, but cant wait till there is something "playable"...i.e like a simple game (i hope that doesnt come across insulting, i know this is hard work and the stuff you guys have achieved already is very impressive)

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah thank goodness for some nice positive stuff, its so cool seeing this progress so quickly, love the PoC work, but cant wait till there is something "playable"...i.e like a simple game (i hope that doesnt come across insulting, i know this is hard work and the stuff you guys have achieved already is very impressive)

I'd think Kane's work could be called playable, receives input, provides change on the screen, and generates enjoyment and happiness.

tomiga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nicely done aliak11. This is pretty sweet for one of the first public homebrew apps. It's open-source, and it creates mandelbrot sets. Hopefully this pushes the way towards true homebrew.

Question: How would one go about writing a bitmap to the screen?

Reactions: aliak11

tomiga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I find the address for something like the buttons, or sound control?

I was wondering about the sound too actually, making the settings music stop and playing back our own stuff. That plus figuring out how to write bitmaps to the screens.

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having issue with code like "w = (x & y) + z"? It generates some UXTB instruction after the AND, which seems to lock up the 3DS. I end up having to spread the code to multiple lines like "w = (x & y) \n w += z" to get it to work, or manually NOP out the UXTB.

I'm using Kane's build script:
https://github.com/insaneKane/3DS_Homebrew_Stuff2/blob/master/build.py

Are the GCC parameters wrong or something?

tomiga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem is that nobody really knows what they're doing. it's an armv5te arm946e-s, not an armv6 mpcore

Well, this is all really early development stuff. We got all the "Hello world" stuff out, we have one homebrew application running (the mandelbrot set generator). Ideally I'd like to have something that can boot into EmuNAND with a patch to remove region locking without using any Gateway code, but with how early everything is still, doing something like that would be difficult.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."