Question about Dingoo A320

SargeSmash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm considering getting a Dingoo. Thing is, I'm wondering if its SNES / Genesis / TG-16 emulation is any good, among others. I've already got a PSP, which may make the whole point moot, to be honest. Anyone got experience with the A320 and how it performs compared to the PSP? I'll open the floor for both Dingux and stock firmware emulation impressions (which I gather is pretty miserable on the SNES / Genesis side of things).

Thanks, y'all.

SargeSmash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I read that review, so I've got a pretty good idea of what the "built-in" emulators can do. I'm just curious if they've improved those any since the review, or what the performance of the Dingux-side emulators is.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Because the A330 has come out (the Dingoo A330 is to be avioded, the Gemeni A330 is apparently quite nice) Dingoo A320 development has slowed...

Most things that come out for it are in Dingux these days. The emulators haven't improved much.

EDIT: That's not to say that the Dingoo is not worth it. There's a hell of a lot more development going on on it than for the PSP (We're all waiting on baited breath for Total-noob and his TNA I suppose), and there are a bunch of homebrew games that aren't on the PSP that came out for Dingoo\Dingux. I still play my Dingoo, but if you're married to your PSP it may not be for you.

SargeSmash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I kind of wish that ShopTemp carried that particular version of the A330. I've got a coupon that's just waiting to be spent there.
smile.gif

EDIT: I think it would be worth it if SNES performance is better than that on the PSP. To put things in perspective, the PSP can run quite a few games at full speed with no frameskipping. Quite a few others bog down considerably (like Contra 3). Quite a few are capable of a frameskip of 1. If it pulls off full-speed SNES on most stuff, I'm all for it, and will probably get one. If it's really not better than the PSP... then I'm not sure it's worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: The Wii version ran alot better