• Start date
  • Views 11,304
  • Replies 23

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you dont mind helping with one last problem. I cant seem to get CD based games like Chulip and ICO to work. I know you have to convert them to ISO and I followed a guide to do it but after I ESR patch it and burn it they dont work at all. If you could give me some proper instructions on converting .BIN and .Cue that would awesome
Been a whiile since i did that but this is the tutorial that i used when i did. Also heads up, not all cd based games will work when converted to dvd format.

D

Deleted User

OP
Ok well here's my report after a few days of tinkering and testing.

Playing backups SUCKS. I'm yet to have one game that works like normal. Katamari Damacy has no music and freezes after the tutorial. Codec calls and cutscenes in MGS3 take ages to load. Vice City is unbearable to play(textures take forever to load in fully, models dont fully render or render at all for a good 30 seconds) unless the disc read speed is switched to fast (which I doubt is good for the laser). Chulip freezes after the intro day. Hell, even FF10 has some choppy cutscenes.

All of my regular nonburned genuine games work just fine, no slow load times, I really do not think its the laser. I bought the exact discs every tutorial ever said to buy, Verbatim DVD-R 4.7gb, Ive burned at 1x, 2x and 4x (games that didnt even boot before worked when burned on 1x though so I think thats the speed I should burn at.)

Funnily enough, a few games that ran like shit or didnt even work before, I got working through USB loading and they work perfectly (Chulip and Katamari). USB Loading is really only the solution for smaller sized games 1gb and under though.

Is PS2 back up loading really this shitty? Or am I doing something wrong? Maybe I just have bad luck.

Last edited by ,

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
Ok well here's my report after a few days of tinkering and testing.

Playing backups SUCKS. I'm yet to have one game that works like normal. Katamari Damacy has no music and freezes after the tutorial. Codec calls and cutscenes in MGS3 take ages to load. Vice City is unbearable to play(textures take forever to load in fully, models dont fully render or render at all for a good 30 seconds) unless the disc read speed is switched to fast (which I doubt is good for the laser). Chulip freezes after the intro day. Hell, even FF10 has some choppy cutscenes.

All of my regular nonburned genuine games work just fine, no slow load times, I really do not think its the laser. I bought the exact discs every tutorial ever said to buy, Verbatim DVD-R 4.7gb, Ive burned at 1x, 2x and 4x (games that didnt even boot before worked when burned on 1x though so I think thats the speed I should burn at.)

Funnily enough, a few games that ran like shit or didnt even work before, I got working through USB loading and they work perfectly (Chulip and Katamari). USB Loading is really only the solution for smaller sized games 1gb and under though.

Is PS2 back up loading really this shitty? Or am I doing something wrong? Maybe I just have bad luck.
HDD backups are the way to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.