Hardware Question regarding trade in and save data transfer

sora10pls

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I currently own a PS4 Slim and am looking to upgrade to a PS4 Pro some time in the near future. I don't need both consoles as I'm only playing a few games, but would like the hardware upgrade for better performance on future games (and my already owned games), so I plan on transferring my data from my PS4 Slim to my inevitable PS4 Pro.

My question is, how would I go about transferring data without having possession of the two systems? I own all of my games physically, so I'm mainly just trying to preserve save data; I don't mind having to reinstall my games since I can just overnight them all. If I copy all of my save data to a flash drive, log into my PSN account on the new PS4 Pro, and copy back the save data from the flash drive to the PS4 Pro's system memory, is that all I need to do in order to preserve it? It should be, though I just don't want to be risky and lose hundreds of hours of save data.

I'm not really in the loop with how PlayStation handles save data, so any help's appreciated. Thanks :)

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
there is a backup and restore tool in the system menu, it can backup everything or like you like to keep

edit: didnt noticed the date of the post, sorry for necrobump ;_;

Last edited by Engezerstorung,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"