Misc Questions: AltNWC on a 3DS

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all, I've got a few newbish questions about accessing DLC for DS games using a 3DS.

I looked through the guide at www.altnwc.net but a couple things aren't making sense to me.

1. Under the Nintendo DS/DSi/3DS/2DS Configuration header, there are 3 sub-headers. Action Replay DS(i) and ROM patcher both involve using a game's ROM, but NitroHax (3DS) is unclear. That's what I'm using, so will I be able to get the DLC onto physical games?

2. Also under NitroHax (3DS), the final step says to launch the game, and then "Once open, do not open the WFC settings, as it will remove the enabled cheat." I'm confused because this guide says I need to open WFC settings from within a game to enter a server DNS.

(Should I do the WFC settings first, and then re-launch the game with the NitroHax cheat?)

3. I haven't been able to try testing the process myself because my network's security is not supported by the DS. If I'm not able to change it to WEP security or get another access point, would it work with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection USB dongle thing? I've got one packed away with the Wii...

Thanks for any guidance or helpful hints you can give me!

HelpTheWretched

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply... I know it's been over a month but I had some difficulties to sort out before giving this a go.

First of all, I obviously meant www.altwfc.net in the OP. Just a typo. :P

Are you telling me to "just read it"? ROMs are only mentioned under the Action Replay and ROM Patcher instructions, but the rest of the page never actually specifies a DS game card, so it's unclear.

2) WFC first. It says it before the 3DS steps.
Does this mean that I need to set up a WFC connection first without using the Action Replay / ROM patch / NitroHax code to bypass server verification?
I'm sorry to be such a noob about this, but the instructions just aren't making sense to me.

3) In theory, yes
Okay, I tried using the dongle, but the WFC setup still tried to do a Nintendo server verification, even with the NitroHax code on.

If there's anybody reading this who has been able to access the Alt WFC servers using NitroHax and the USB dongle, I'd very much appreciate if you could type out the entire process rather than answering the above questions individually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.