• Likes 6

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Please keep all newbie, short answer, or quick questions etc here to prevent clutter in the main forum. Particularly USB Loader questions.

It is suggested that you read any relevant stickies first as you may find you answer is already there.

And if all else fails, use the search engine.

Something like NOOB PARIDISE http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=131...t=0&start=0 but we need it for this forum too.

EddyWally

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Can my wii brick if I install WAD's from trusted sites like this one?
I mean, if it works with other people, is there a chance to brick my wii?
I don't want to brick my wii, but I like the SNES channel.

Thank You!

Eddy Wallyfish

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Can my wii brick if I install WAD's from trusted sites like this one?
I mean, if it works with other people, is there a chance to brick my wii?
I don't want to brick my wii, but I like the SNES channel.

yes

If the wad in question is from a different region or hasn't been made properly then yes

EDIT: the snes channel your talking about should be ok if others have tested and said its ok and there isn't usually an issue with what region its from if its an emulator or loader! , if your unsure of a wad and its region then use " freethewads " to convert to u/e/j or region free

paul

Reactions: Ailuros27

pandora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick but stupid question:
After I install a WAD file using WADmanager, can I delete it from the SD card?
In other words, does 'installing' the WAD copy it to the internal memory?

Thanks!

Reactions: Rip_heart

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
pandora said:
Quick but stupid question:
After I install a WAD file using WADmanager, can I delete it from the SD card?
In other words, does 'installing' the WAD copy it to the internal memory?

Thanks!

Yes, installing a wad means copying it to the wii's nand (its internal flash memory)
After that, you can delete it from SD. However, I would recommend you to keep a copy on your computer. If want to completely remove the wad a later time via wad manager, you'll need the wad file again

kkthxbye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got a quick question for you - i have searched a lot, but can't find a difinitive answer:
- I got it all running - installed CIOS rev10 - USB Loader.
But my harddrive keeps entering sleepmode when playing (Still works, just freezes for a couple of seconds). It's a WD Elements 250 GB.

Can this only be fixed, by taking the harddrive out of the case, and using HDPARM? Or is there a new CIOS that im missing?

If i need to use HDPARM, is there a guide somewhere?

Thanks
smile.gif

someperson_12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick Query
biggrin.gif

Is there a backup loader that doesn't need me to format my HDD as WBFS.
As in can I use a standard filesystem such as NTFS or FAT32?

What are the benefits of WBFS?

LexLuthor

Trophies
XP
Country
someperson_12345 said:
Quick Query
biggrin.gif

The answer im afraid is no. All the USB Loaders use this filesystem.
WBFS has no use outside of running backups on the Wii so I guess its benefits are pretty limited.
If your concerned that you don't want to use up an entire hard drive for a WBFS filesystem that isn't supported elsewhere, then I suggest you create a partition on your drive.

By doing this you could potentially have 50% of your drive ready to boot isos with the USBLoader (a WBFS parition) and the other 50% for other stuff such as movies and junk (a NTFS or FAT32 partition). This is how I'm using my HDD.

If you need help doing this let me know and I'll try and help you out.

Reactions: Ailuros27

knuj_on

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am interested in trying uLOADER 1.7 and have manged to find base IOS 36, 37 & 38. Is there a game that contains IOS60 ? (I have no WiFi for my Wii because of baby alarms etc. fludding the RF so I want to do a WAD install)

** Edit 21 May 2009 ** Discovered NUS Downloader, don't need any help with this any more !

AAlcoholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick Question
unsure.gif

I used N00bwarrior7's "The Backup Suite" (version 3 not final) to softmod my wii. Gamma was installed as a channel by using his all-.wad installer. That version doesn't have the 002 fix. How do I update to the new version with the 002 fix (I see that it's a dol, not a wad), and do I need to uninstall/remove the old one?

someperson_12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LexLuthor said:
someperson_12345 said:
Quick Query
biggrin.gif

WBFS has no use outside of running backups on the Wii so I guess its benefits are pretty limited.
If your concerned that you don't want to use up an entire hard drive for a WBFS filesystem that isn't supported elsewhere, then I suggest you create a partition on your drive.

By doing this you could potentially have 50% of your drive ready to boot isos with the USBLoader (a WBFS parition) and the other 50% for other stuff such as movies and junk (a NTFS or FAT32 partition). This is how I'm using my HDD.

I was just hoping I could use my current 120gb iPod as a external HDD, but its formatted in NTFS IIRC.
Problem is if i created a WBFS partition then I won't be able to use my iPod as a music player.
frown.gif

Thanks anyways

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
AAlcoholic said:
Quick Question
unsure.gif

I used N00bwarrior7's "The Backup Suite" (version 3 not final) to softmod my wii. Gamma was installed as a channel by using his all-.wad installer. That version doesn't have the 002 fix. How do I update to the new version with the 002 fix (I see that it's a dol, not a wad), and do I need to uninstall/remove the old one?
send me a PM for the link to Big Moe's Installer v3 and it does have the 002 fix in it
wink.gif

LexLuthor

Trophies
XP
Country
someperson_12345 said:
LexLuthor said:
someperson_12345 said:
Quick Query
biggrin.gif

I was just hoping I could use my current 120gb iPod as a external HDD, but its formatted in NTFS IIRC.
Problem is if i created a WBFS partition then I won't be able to use my iPod as a music player.
frown.gif

Thanks anyways

Yeah, I doubt weather your ipod would allow you to create a partition or that it would work as a music player if you could.
I don't know though. There is a chance music might still play if you created a partition. Its at least worth researching.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am an extreme noob when it comes to USB Loader, but I can find my way around pretty well for the most part, so hopefully I will get this down rather quickly.

I would like to use the Cover Flow USB ISO Loader by Beardface or Coverflow7 USB Loader, by Don Killah and Cdreams. The question is, do I need to follow the Tutorial to using USB Loader v1.1 and FAQs, or do these programs come with everything I need?

Thanks for the info.

AAlcoholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BIG MOE said:
AAlcoholic said:
Quick Question
unsure.gif

send me a PM for the link to Big Moe's Installer v3 and it does have the 002 fix in it
wink.gif

After reading these forums, what I actually want to do is get bootmii on (I've installed HBC) and use NeoGamma R2 (unless I'm mistaken, it's the most up-to-date disc loader?). I think I'm short a few of the newer IOS's, and want to also update. How do I go about this (i.e. do i have to uninstall "The Backup Suite" first [if so, I no longer have the wads
unsure.gif
]?)?

Can just install the newer cIOS rev10 (that is, will it just replace whichever one was installed via The Backup Suite), and then use ???? to get the missing IOS files (go to menu 4.0U, using gecko os and a recent game, dunno how to do this really).

I've been reading, but it's a lot to grasp
blink.gif

T.I.A.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm raging so hard right now - there's Backup Loader Gamma with the 002 fix (which I want to use, which is in my Homebrew stuff) but then I've got the Backup Loader channel (which is just plain old Gamma .3, with autoboot) Pardon me for being so vague, but

I've got a channel that autoboots Gamma 0.3
But on my SD card there's a Gamma 0.3 w/ 002 fix

How would I make that one boot via the channel on my system menu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning