Homebrew r4i-b9s please help

Nuskett

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys i'm pretty new and i need a big help. I've recently bought the r4i-b9s and i've followed the instructions to install luma and homebrew launcher. Now i don't get what i need to do in order to play nds roms and maybe 3ds. Please help me cause first i don't know how to play nds roms (i have the oldest 3ds) and second i don't get why i need the r4 if at the end i haven't used it. Thanks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWLoader can play some games. Reference the compatibility list.

OP should pick up another flashcard tho.
Yeah with fuck tons of flaws including but not limited to crashes, graphical/audio bugs, load times that surpass the one minute mark, and more.
He really should just get another flashcard. Not to disparage the work on TWLoader -- a lot of work has gone into it and it shows, the fact it even exists says a lot -- but right now it's more of a proof of concept than an actual application. It'd be much better to get a flashcard like you said.

nds-card sells them pretty cheaply but if you want it to come from the US, modchipsdirect and 3ds-flashcard are pretty good. They accept paypal like nds-card so if you're used to that sort of thing it should be a breeze.

Nuskett

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys wtf i read on the site and in lots of threads that this flashcard supports both kinda of games. COME ON IT JUST ARRIVED AFTER 2 MONTHS FROM JAPAN. What's the point if i just used an sd card. Then what's the meaning of buying that?

MrCatFace

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Guys wtf i read on the site and in lots of threads that this flashcard supports both kinda of games. COME ON IT JUST ARRIVED AFTER 2 MONTHS FROM JAPAN. What's the point if i just used an sd card. Then what's the meaning of buying that?

Please send a picture. We can help if you do that.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you got the one that is already modded for B9S, then it will not be useable as a flaschard for NDS games, unless you reflash it with its original firmware, which, I assume, you don't have.

Nuskett

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bought the card at r4wood i can't put links check yourself, but aniway it says that reads both nds and 3ds games, by using a flasher or i don't know what, but it talks about the possibility to switching between cards

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I bought the card at r4wood i can't put links check yourself, but aniway it says that reads both nds and 3ds games, by using a flasher or i don't know what, but it talks about the possibility to switching between cards
If it's the one with the switch just set it to DS mode. You'll also need firmware files for it.

Nuskett

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, i found something, but it just says to copy files into SD and then booting the system. No more. Where can i find how to do? I'm not very practic i don't even understand what i'm doing

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i found something, but it just says to copy files into SD and then booting the system. No more. Where can i find how to do? I'm not very practic i don't even understand what i'm doing
TWLoader works with flashcards, so you'll have higher compatibility.
Not sure if the R4i-B9S card has a microSD card slot, but I imagine it does.
Well, now here a chance to test it!
Install TWLoader, and use the DSTT flashcard pack and selection in the settings screen.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
TWLoader works with flashcards, so you'll have higher compatibility.
Not sure if the R4i-B9S card has a microSD card slot, but I imagine it does.
Well, now here a chance to test it!
Install TWLoader, and use the DSTT flashcard pack and selection in the settings screen.
If it is flashed for ntrboot, will that work?

SoullessSentinel

Trophies
XP
Country
There's official instructions for flashing R4I-B9S into NDS mode on the official website
Basically, you download the .firm and .bin files from there,put them on your SD card, then run it as a luma payload.

After this, you download the R4I-3DS firmware off the same website, and it works identically to that card.

Source: I also own this card.

Reactions: ThisIsDaAccount

Nuskett

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's official instructions for flashing R4I-B9S into NDS mode on the official website
Basically, you download the .firm and .bin files from there,put them on your SD card, then run it as a luma payload.

After this, you download the R4I-3DS firmware off the same website, and it works identically to that card.

Source: I also own this card.
Man you have it so you are my big hope :D. Just explain last step, cause i've alredy done everything. Now when i place the r4 it appears the bombland icon but i'm stuck with menu? icon. You mean i have to install one more firmware into the sd?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended