OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I made an account just to post in this thread. I'm left with a bit of an issue as it seems. My DS lite has just recently kicked the bucked, and I bought a 3DS XL. I rather like it, and honestly, holding my old lite feels.... just uncomfortable. But now, my R4 is kinda... not of much use. I'm fully aware that this won't play 3DS games, but it would be nice to have access to my normal DS library. My issue is, I manged to buy my R4 off a sight that still had paypal. And now... I can't seem to find one.... And I'm wondering, where is it safe to buy? I really don't feel comfortable giving any of the sites I've seen my checking card info, so that's why I'm looking for recommendation. I'm not sure if this should warrant it's own thread, but this seemed like a good enough place to ask.
http://www.realhotstuff.com/ and http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/ are two of the last recommended stores left, since most stores have stopped selling flash carts.

Clowkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made an account just to post in this thread. I'm left with a bit of an issue as it seems. My DS lite has just recently kicked the bucked, and I bought a 3DS XL. I rather like it, and honestly, holding my old lite feels.... just uncomfortable. But now, my R4 is kinda... not of much use. I'm fully aware that this won't play 3DS games, but it would be nice to have access to my normal DS library. My issue is, I manged to buy my R4 off a sight that still had paypal. And now... I can't seem to find one.... And I'm wondering, where is it safe to buy? I really don't feel comfortable giving any of the sites I've seen my checking card info, so that's why I'm looking for recommendation. I'm not sure if this should warrant it's own thread, but this seemed like a good enough place to ask.
http://www.realhotstuff.com/ and http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/ are two of the last recommended stores left, since most stores have stopped selling flash carts.

Thank you kindly, I mean you seem trust worthy enough. It may not be wise, but I also feel a little more at ease, hearing from my own kind and what not, if you catch my drift :3 I suppose I don't have a lot of cash anyhow, and a checking card is an easy enough thing to get fixed up, but ya know I'm quite worried over this sort of thing, was bad enough I had to lose Demonoid, I don't really like venturing into the unknown and all that stuff ^^;;

dreampeppers99

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Since the first post is kinda screwed with html tags showing everywhere... can you guys tell me, or point a link to...

How can I run a game on R4i and then go back to run another one without coming back to 3DS system menu ?

Live_Steam_Mad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just bought my R4i Gold 3DS from nds-card.com (GBAtemp supporter I was told). 16 USD plus 2 USD for registered Airmail to me in UK. Was previously trying to buy from Dsflashcart.com but they didn't accept Mastercard! Then heard about Nds-card.com and found I could use Paypal with them. Hope the card works directly with my DSi XL 1.4.5E without needing any updating on another console?

I had 1.4.1E on my DSi XL and an Acekard 2i went to update my AK2i firmware first to 1.44 (latest version on their website) and it did the firmware update of the AK2i OK (after failing multiple times using several attempts using different AKAIO's, I tried 1.8.5, 1.8.6a, 1.8.7, 1.8.9, 1.9.0, and the last one I tried of 1.9.0 worked finally, it was a HWID 8181 card), but then I updated the DSi XL and thought it would go to 1.4.4E since that was the latest one on AK2i website, but instead it went to 1.4.5E and stopped the AK2i working! Whoops!

So now I needed a card which works with 1.4.5E on my DSi XL. BTW I have no other DS consoles to update from.

Does anyone know whether this R4i Gold 3DS card works properly (with saves working) with Zelda Phantom Hourglass Dpad hack, or at the very least with a clean dump of the game. By clean dump I mean with a CRC32 of 8B431C41 (can check the ROM using http://f-crc-calculator.software.informer.com/download/ and the database at http://www.advanscene.com/ ).

It's a shame that I need a new cart as my AK2i worked great with Zelda Phantom Hourglass Dpad hack. Oh well. AK2i is apparently not likely to be updated anymore (constraints of the hardware) so I read.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Irish 3DS Gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got my R4i Gold 3DS from www.r4town.com a few days ago for €10.95 w/ €2.50 registered airmail to Ireland. Received in about 9 days so quite happy :)

Supports the Wood Kernel, as its from www.r4i-gold.eu.

So far so good and haven't had any problems as of yet. Running fine on FW 5.1.0-11E :-)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Got my R4i Gold 3DS from www.r4town.com a few days ago for €10.95 w/ €2.50 registered airmail to Ireland. Received in about 9 days so quite happy :)

Supports the Wood Kernel, as its from www.r4i-gold.eu.

So far so good and haven't had any problems as of yet. Running fine on FW 5.1.0-11E :-)
Sorry, you bought a clone!

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wood-firmwares-v1-58-update.346640/
Read the quote from the author of Wood himself.
Now, there are so many fake Wood R4 versions which have nothing to do with me. Only Wood R4 for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com), and AK RPG are supported by me. I can only fix bugs for these specific releases. Do not post bug reports or ask for updates for clone cards running a fake version of Wood.

The "Wood" that your cart has is actually an old version of Wood (back when the source was available), with the version info changed and different loaders stuck in, because it's a clone and isn't supported by the author of Wood.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, on the actual product page it said its from R4ids.cn so maybe I'm mistaken but thanks for that. Intriguing...
Look at the sticker on the front of the cart. If it's the "EU" one, then the shop sent you a clone instead of the real one. It's rare nowadays, but some shops will do it, accidentally or on purpose.

If that's what happened, you need to send it in for a replacement. DS stuff is not region-locked, there is no such thing as an "EU" version of a flash cart.

Irish 3DS Gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Look at the sticker on the front of the cart. If it's the "EU" one, then the shop sent you a clone instead of the real one. It's rare nowadays, but some shops will do it, accidentally or on purpose.

If that's what happened, you need to send it in for a replacement. DS stuff is not region-locked, there is no such thing as an "EU" version of a flash cart.
It is the EU one indeed. Apart from Wood Support, what else would my ''clone'' lack that legit ones would get?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Gun Slinger Boy

White Knight of the internet
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blogdudesvariousreviews.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
to do an official gbatemp review, which would get you a "free" kit to test with, you must be a gbatemp staff member.

good luck!
-another world

Well even though I completely screwed that post up I wound up getting a free flashcart anyways. I'll post my thoughts about it on GBAtemp sometime soon

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1