Reconsider/recall the crustiness of older technology.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeh, prices now are even worse ;/
Hence the want for an upgrade.

Then again, I'm already spending 750 quid orso on new harddrives, why not go all the way and get a new CPU + RAM + Mobo as well.
True. Are you just going for a simple OP Xeon server like most are or something much weaker? I'm thinking of making a server myself (don't have one) just so I can have all my files and games there and use any device with remote control to use the files rather than having to carry around the disks and having to find a computer good enough to run what I want...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
True. Are you just going for a simple OP Xeon server like most are or something much weaker? I'm thinking of making a server myself (don't have one) just so I can have all my files and games there and use any device with remote control to use the files rather than having to carry around the disks and having to find a computer good enough to run what I want...

Simple "older" hardware desktop also works perfectly fine.
I have no need for massive computing power that I take a dual CPU Xeon board with 265 GB of RAM capacity.

I might host some private game servers on it but it'll mostly be used for a file server/media streamer/game streamer server.
Phenom II X6 + 16 GB DDR3 would be perfect.

Reactions: ThoD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse