Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
I tryed this App and got 2 types of errors just by using the app normaly:
Red screen (crash)
And B9S crash Dump (i can share the files if the developer wants)

Setup: Luma 8.0 +B9S 1.2 + new 3ds XL + 64GB sdcard

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also received ARM11 crashes multiple times, though it seems like many apps have been doing this lately.

Yep! Specialy TWLoader and this one!

This is because the current version of Luma (8.0) enforces their exception handlers. It's only useful for developers and doesn't help the end user so enforcing this was a dumb idea tbh. Some fuckwad (Spaqin or whatever the hell is name was) on r/3dshacks once said Luma's exception handlers only get triggered when a crash happens, yet users seem to be reporting this more often than before, so it's clear the exception handlers aren't all that great.

tldr, just wait for the next release of Luma and disable the exception vectors option, or update to an hourly/nightly release.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
This is because the current version of Luma (8.0) enforces their exception handlers. It's only useful for developers and doesn't help the end user so enforcing this was a dumb idea tbh. Some fuckwad (Spaqin or whatever the hell is name was) on r/3dshacks once said Luma's exception handlers only get triggered when a crash happens, yet users seem to be reporting this more often than before, so it's clear the exception handlers aren't all that great.

tldr, just wait for the next release of Luma and disable the exception vectors option, or update to an hourly/nightly release.

I am on the latest nightly now and tried with Exception Handlers disabled. Console doesn't crash but when I sit in the 3DiScord app now idly, it returns me to the home menu after a couple minutes. I don't know if this is some sort of app crash or if it's... something else?

Reactions: Joel16

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on the latest nightly now and tried with Exception Handlers disabled. Console doesn't crash but when I sit in the 3DiScord app now idly, it returns me to the home menu after a couple minutes. I don't know if this is some sort of app crash or if it's... something else?

Must be a problem with the app then.

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The touch screen is buggy and for some reason it sees voice channels as text ones. Other then that works as promised!

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome. Definitely the kind of homebrew the 3DS needed.

Interesting bug: given my role, it shows channels I don't normally have access to (eg admin-only) in its list, which crash when selected.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
beware this point may contain traces of something that isn't possible.

If you could make it so that we could launch a game to run while discord is in the background, that would be amazing. Then we could have on console voice chat while we play. Almost like an applet. You could do it like the original *hax 2.0 but instead of the home button taking a screenshot it opened discord.

Again, this won't happen but towards the end of development I would pay for this (Gbatemp bounty anyone?)
Possibly when (if?) Luma gets plugin support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended