Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I just RE'd how to program the RGB LED, so I made a calming application that cycles thru' a semi-rainbow slowly :D

Downloads have been removed, as they no longer work. You can find community-provided mirrors all over the place.
f0fef22bfc.png

Edit: just to clear things up in order to reduce spam (and ruin the joke):
This program does NOT brick your 3DS. People thought that messing with the LEDs can brick 3DSes. This is not true! People thought this because yls8's battery happened to die when he was experimenting with the RGB LED. Though that part is true that if your MCU gets bricked then your 3DS will be unusable and unbootable. As for the name of the application, it's just to mock people who still believe in bricking from an "invalid LED combination". I have NO idea how one could brick with "invalid" colors...

Last edited by Sono,

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just RE'd how to program the RGB LED, so I made a calming application that cycles thru' a semi-rainbow slowly :D

[Download]

cool! But, maybe film in light so that we can see the colors without the light ruining the shot. i will download this. Also, maybe try making the 3d led blink, too, by having the app turn 3d in and off (although that might be bad for the screen)

Reactions: LucarioWolf

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
But why is this in the EoF?

Welp... have you seen the filename? The logo/banner? The application name?

yellows8 permanently bricked his 3DS this way :P
It's in the EoF, because almost no random noobs browse the EoF, so they can't accidently brick :P Even tho' this app has auto-exit, I wouldn't like mindless people complaining if they permanently break their 3DS motherboard :wacko:

Last edited by Sono,
Reactions: Swiftloke

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Welp... have you seen the filename? The logo/banner? The application name?

yellows8 permanently bricked his 3DS this way :P
It's in the EoF, because almost no random noobs browse the EoF, so they can't accidently brick :P Even tho' this app has auto-exit, I wouldn't like mindless people complaining if they permanently break their 3DS motherboard :wacko:
What? When does it auto exit? Also, does the effect continue if I close the lid?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
can you make an homebrew to burn that light to death?
that 3d light is annoying as hell, specially when not using the 3d

Since it's a LED, I doubt it'll die any time soon :/ I could flicker it, but that would kill the MCU faster than the LED itself.
Also, it's not that easy to control the 3D light independendly, so it would not die either any time soon.

Edit: I thought you were talking about the RGB led in the first sentence... You can't flicker the 3D LED like you can the RGB LED.

Last edited by Sono,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Since it's a LED, I doubt it'll die any time soon :/ I could flicker it, but that would kill the MCU faster than the LED itself.
Also, it's not that easy to control the 3D light independendly, so it would not die either any time soon.

Edit: I thought you were talking about the RGB led in the first sentence... You can't flicker the 3D LED like you can the RGB LED.
Could pressing the power button or closing the lid while this is running brick the 3DS?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Could pressing the power button or closing the lid while this is running brick the 3DS?

The power button: no
Closing the lid: technically no, since the app autoexits, and the aptMainLoop would halt before triggering the LED setter function.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you interrupt it, it sends an invalid LED combination, so the MCU freaks out and bricks itself.
Reading this back, it sounds sarcastic. I'm serious, though. That's what happens.

No, it's kinda the opposite... :P
It'll only brick if you repeatedly SPAM the function like crazy, but only then. If you send random values, it'll just flash random colors, nothing fancy :P

D

Deleted User

Do you have the source for this, mate? I've been really itching to experiment with LED code on my spare O3DS!
Also, this sort of thing would tie in really good with the CUSTOM HOME MENU ASSETS THAT YOU STILL HAVEN'T RELEASED YET! ;)

I will bully you for the source like a Margen67! :ha:

D

Deleted User

I'm too scared to try and use this, I don't want to risk a brick.
Looks cool though, if I had a trashed 3DS maybe I would.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.