Homebrew [Release] 3DS RGB LED test program

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It doesn't actually brick lol. It was assumed that it can brick your 3ds. @MarcusD did research and testing and found it as impossible to brick.
If I'm correct, I remember talking about that if you overloaded the MCU with commands, it would brick if you turned off the 3DS.

I think I heard something like that... Hmm...

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If I'm correct, I remember talking about that if you overloaded the MCU with commands, it would brick if you turned off the 3DS.

I think I heard something like that... Hmm...

if you overload the MCU then it'll just lag a lot, that's it. you can't turn off your 3DS though while the MCU is overloaded because it's lagging so much (held power button for more than one minute, nothing happened)

arc13

SPAAAACE !
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm wondering if freeshop could have a led light when the download is done, that could be useful for sleep downloading. @arc13
That's already planned, but not for sleep download, because it would require that the software is still running in background, and the sleep download can't work if an app is launched.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
That's already planned, but not for sleep download, because it would require that the software is still running in background, and the sleep download can't work if an app is launched.
What about turning both screens off and using the LED light as an indicator of how the download goes?

A blink each 3 seconds on Blue = 0%-50%
A blink each 3 seconds on Red = 50%- 90%
A blink each 3 seconds on Green = 90% - 99%
Static Green light each 5 seconds - 100%

I would honestly like this feature :3

(This is a random idea, but as I like to say, it's never bad to suggest random ideas that could be good ones)

Last edited by Tenshi_Okami,

arc13

SPAAAACE !
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What about turning both screens off and using the LED light as an indicator of how the download goes?

A blink each 3 seconds on Blue = 0%-50%
A blink each 3 seconds on Red = 50%- 90%
A blink each 3 seconds on Green = 90% - 99%
Static Green light each 5 seconds - 100%

I would honestly like this feature :3

(This is a random idea, but as I like to say, it's never bad to suggest random ideas that could be good ones)
Like a deep sleep feature ?
Yep, that's a good idea.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Yep, that's a good idea.
Yep!

This is good for people with slow internet, since me for example I'm always downloading something. And I want to know when does it finish to start another thing :P

Also it would be cool if it was optional, since I'm sure some people wouldn't like this

Reactions: arc13

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yep, that's a good idea.
I suggested this a long time ago and TheCruel wasn't interested :-p
If you implemented this it would be awesome.
I wonder if it would actually be possible to have it run during sleep downloading - this app still has the lights going after the app is closed, and during any game you play, only stopping when the lid is closed and reopened.

arc13

SPAAAACE !
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suggested this a long time ago and TheCruel wasn't interested :-p
If you implemented this it would be awesome.
I wonder if it would actually be possible to have it run during sleep downloading - this app still has the lights going after the app is closed, and during any game you play, only stopping when the lid is closed and reopened.
If the led doesnt work when the lid is closed, then it's useless for sleep download.
And this app set a pattern for the led that will constantly run, in the freeShop I will need to only trigger the led when something happens.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

you can install a sysmodule just for this purpose as a separate addon (the 3DS does it via a sysmodule too, iirc by BOSS), and then you could download stuff if the lid is closed

If the led doesnt work when the lid is closed, then it's useless for sleep download.
And this app set a pattern for the led that will constantly run, in the freeShop I will need to only trigger the led when something happens.

the LED works in sleep mode, but Home Menu resets the LED state one second after the lid has been opened, so keep that in mind. also, try not to set a color too bright, otherwise it'll drain more battery than it would not in sleep mode. 0x40 seems to be a pretty dim but visible number as the maximum that should conserve battery

ATofix

Sloth. That's it.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can install a sysmodule just for this purpose as a separate addon (the 3DS does it via a sysmodule too, iirc by BOSS), and then you could download stuff if the lid is closed

the LED works in sleep mode, but Home Menu resets the LED state one second after the lid has been opened, so keep that in mind. also, try not to set a color too bright, otherwise it'll drain more battery than it would not in sleep mode. 0x40 seems to be a pretty dim but visible number as the maximum that should conserve battery
Maybe see about adding this to CIAngle or something. That would be cool!

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is pretty cool. An indicator for Pokemon sumo would be cool. just stuff to go along with healing sound effects and catching Pokemon.

Last edited by HamBone41801,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It does work when the lid is closed. It only stops when you open it (just like the notification lights naturally turn off when you open the system.

Open the app -> lights -> open any other game or app (still lights) -> close the lid (still lights) -> open the lid (lights stop)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.