Hacking [Release] Amiibo BIN Serial Changer

FAII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mhmm. That is some strange behavior.. 100% right Key_retail? since i had few problems with a few ones.
I've tried two different ones. Please check the screenshot I edited into my post to see if I did anything wrong.

I've now tried it with 3 different keys, including this one through use of a Hex Editor: https://pastebin.com/aV23ha3X

Same results using all 3 methods (python script file, CMD line, GUI).

Last edited by FAII,

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
I've tried two different ones. Please check the screenshot I edited into my post to see if I did anything wrong.

I've now tried it with 3 different keys, including this one through use of a Hex Editor: https://pastebin.com/aV23ha3X

Same results using all 3 methods (python script file, CMD line, GUI).
Really strange. Uff.. try using " " for each file in the cmd string. "Zelda.bin" -o "Decrypted.bin" for example.

FAII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really strange. Uff.. try using " " for each file in the cmd string. "Zelda.bin" -o "Decrypted.bin" for example.
It made absolutely no difference.

Could you, who've managed to get this up and running, do me a favour and create 50 variations of the (Super Smash Bros.) Zelda and (Breath of the Wild) Guardian Amiibos and then upload them to a file hosting site for me to download? Ugh, I'm giving up hope on getting this to work on my computer and I'm getting my N2Elite today.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just get this (picture below) whenever I try this, whether through CMD prompt or through drag and drop. I'm on Windows 10 64-Bit and I installed Python just for this with no custom configuration. Do I have to configure Python or something?

I tried this and it generated a file that's invisible to Explorer in Windows, but visible in the GUI if I go to the path. When I check the file properties, Windows tells me its size is 540 byte, but 0 byte on the disk.

I just can't seem to get this to work no matter what I do. Could someone who has managed to get this to work just generate 50 Breath of the Wild Guardian Amiibos and 50 SSB Zelda Amiibos for me and upload them somewhere for me to download? It's the only ones I "need" duplicates of.
If you type "python" into the command prompt and press enter, what's the output? I want to make sure you have the right version of python.

I was using that Random Serial thing in the amiibo powersaves program and it eventuallly fried the tag I was using(not a Powertag btw, it's a Namiio tag, not sure if that makes a difference). I have an extra one thankfully, but I was thinking of buying those powertags from my local EB Games. Now my question is: will those powertags work on the Namiio program? I already have backups on it, so that's why if I end up getting those powertags I would rewrite them with the saves I have in namiio.
NaMiiO tags and PowerTags are identical. NaMiiO is just a rebranded Power Saves.

I tried multiple Amiibo tags, all of which I've verified as working before by writing them to blank NTAG215s.

Using CMD and typing in amiitool.exe -d -k key_retail.bin -i Zelda.bin -o decrypt.bin gives me nothing. Literally nothing. CMD stops for a few seconds and then I just get a new empty line in CMD.
The output you attached is normal. If the amiitool.exe does it's job correctly you get no feedback. This is the usual with command line programs. You should now have a file called decrypt.bin in the folder though that was not there before.

FAII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you type "python" into the command prompt and press enter, what's the output? I want to make sure you have the right version of python.

NaMiiO tags and PowerTags are identical. NaMiiO is just a rebranded Power Saves.

The output you attached is normal. If the amiitool.exe does it's job correctly you get no feedback. This is the usual with command line programs. You should now have a file called decrypt.bin in the folder though that was not there before.
'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I guess I have the wrong version of Python, then. I just installed version Python 3.6.1 from Python.org

No, this command does not generate any .bin file(s). No new files are in the target folder afterwards.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I guess I have the wrong version of Python, then. I just installed version Python 3.6.1 from Python.org

No, this command does not generate any .bin file(s). No new files are in the target folder afterwards.
When you installed python there was a little check box to add Python to your Windows PATH, did you check that? If not or you cannot recall, just run the installer again and check the box this time around.

FAII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you installed python there was a little check box to add Python to your Windows PATH, did you check that? If not or you cannot recall, just run the installer again and check the box this time around.
It was checked by default, by I made sure it was checked now too. Also checked the option to remove the max length for path, whatever that means.

I uninstalled and reinstalled. It was checked by default, so it should've been installed with the original installation. I made sure it was checked now. Also hit the option to disable max PATH limit. No change. All 3 methods (drag and drop, CMD prompt, the GUI) still result in .bin files that are invisible unless I go through the GUI and which take up 0 bytes on disc.

Last edited by FAII,

Arkangelshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did you try "py amiibo_sn.py" instead of "python amiibo_sn.py"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The tool was working great, but now, it is taking too much time to just generate even 1 .bin (file).

Is there something i can do to speed it up ? I don't know why it is taking so much time now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

FAII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try "py amiibo_sn.py" instead of "python amiibo_sn.py"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The tool was working great, but now, it is taking too much time to just generate even 1 .bin (file).

Is there something i can do to speed it up ? I don't know why it is taking so much time now.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Same result. Seriously, could someone just generate a batch for me? I'm giving up. I just won't work for some reason.

Cat1560

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same result. Seriously, could someone just generate a batch for me? I'm giving up. I just won't work for some reason.

Hello,

I have been lurking on this forum post for awhile :P, anyway seeing the trouble you have been having if you want the bins I can just pm you a google drive link or something.

KiddKaotix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to do this on my own for days. I am normally very good with this stuff, but for the life of m I cant figure out what I am doing wrong, or if IM just missing a step. So I out the retail key in every folder to cover all my based. I run the python.exe and drag my amiibo bin file into the dos window ad hit enter. I get a pop up asking how I want to open the .bin files. I have not seen this question on this thread so I'm not sure if this is normal or correct to get to pop up. And if so what I should be selecting so I am not messing up future .bin files.

I was looking into buying a N2 Elite, but if I cant get a nice batch of a few Zelda Amiibos its kinda pointless to purchase. Possible someone would want to generate some for me if I cant get this figured out?

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello can Someone please Explain How to use this Program. I've Installed Python 3 , Extracted the Serial Changer v2 file , Put my Amiibo bin files in same fold then Dropped them onto the Python Script file but nothing happens just a Common box pops up with Quantity: 1_ What next or did I do something wrong please help.

Is Changing the Seriel number necessary if I'm using PandaOnSmacks Trainer with the Infinite Amiibo Code Active. it aloues you to scan you amiibo Infinite times per day but the only problem I've found with it is that the content in the Chest don't change if the code is active. You just keep getting Repete's of the same Chest Summoned.

I tried for 2hrs the other day with the code and got the Same Chest everytime. turned off the code , set the clock ahead 1 day and Boom got the item I wanted in a different cheat right away.

Last edited by SuperSayianGod,

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have been lurking on this forum post for awhile :P, anyway seeing the trouble you have been having if you want the bins I can just pm you a google drive link or something.

Hello and are you offering your Services for Help with Changing the BIN File Serial Numbers. I'm having trouble too and can't seem to get it to work for me either. I already Downloaded Files for Zelda Amiibo Series and Can PM you the folder if your willing to Help please. Thanks.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Datel has released PowerSaves v1.32 which now includes a serial number randomizer as well. So for those using Powersaves this is no longer needed.

Note: This is only for those that use Amiibo emulating devices such as N2 Elite/Amiiqo, Datel PowerTag or NaMiiMo. This is not for those who write Amiibo to blank NFC tags or those with real Amiibo figures.

Update V2: Added batch generation for multiple new serial numbers for easier use with N2 Elite. The original version is still available for those who prefer the old method.

Summary: This python 3 script decrypts an Amiibo BIN file using Amiitool, generates a random tag serial, creates a new BIN file with the new serial, and encrypts it for use. Currently only set up for Windows but could easily be edited for use on Linux.

Purpose: When it comes to Amiibo emulators, you can backup your Amiibo to a BIN file and then emulate it using a device like N2 Elite or reusable tags. Some people even share these BIN files so they can emulate Amiibo they don't personally have. The downside to this is that these emulate the WHOLE Amiibo including the unique NTAG215 serial number. Some games keep track of the serial numbers you scan in order to impose restrictions such as limiting how often you can use an Amiibo (Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a recent example).

Some people get around this restriction by changing their system clock, however that trick will not work for every game or may have consequences. Like on many 3DS games, tampering with the system clock is known to enact a 48-hour or longer lockdown on all time based events. So I wondered if there was another way to scan the same Amiibo multiple times a day. I came up with changing the NTAG215 serial contained in the Amiibo BIN files and confirmed this makes the system see the Amiibo as a new one and thus can be scanned multiple times without needing to quit the game or change the time.

Usage: To use this tool, download the attached ZIP file and extract the folder and its contents. You will need Python 3 installed to use this. You can either drag and drop the Amiibo BIN file onto the python script file or you may run it from command line with this command:

Code:
python amiibo_sn.py "path/to/amiibo.bin"

It will generate a new file with _modified appended to the end in the same folder the original BIN file was in. Use this modified file with your emulating device and enjoy.

Note: You will need to supply your own key_retail.bin file as the keys are Nintendo copyright. If you don't have one already it's the same one used with tagmo and found in the most common places that Amiibo BIN files are shared.

If any mods feel this is better suited elsewhere, feel free to move without warning.

@ Analog Man or Anyone who Can Help

Okay so I'm new to the Amiibo thing and need some Help.

So I've Download BIN file and the Amiibo SN Changer V2 , Installed Python and did the Whole Drag and Drop thing on to the Script file but nothing Happened. Only a cmd box popped up the Quantity:1_ flashing. What do I need to do next or what did I do Wrong. Do I drag and Drop just the BIN or the Whole Folder the BIN is in. Really not understanding I Guess. Would someone who knows what they are doing be willing to mod the bins for Me I would be extremely Grateful since this is Stressing me out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Miyoo are basically repurposed blackberry displays believe it or not I always take my miyoo on the go
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @K3Nv2 You joke but this was amazing for 10 year old me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC6adnfSaew&ab_channel=IGN
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Install onionos also if you haven't already
    It still looks dope.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Amazingly I didn't really care for the GBA
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, dragon quest 4 bored me
    Let's play.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should add a 256gb card in mine and load like 100ps1 titles to it eventually I will
    Will you play them all?
    I've only ever played Castlevania Symphony of the Night from PS1.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't play games here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I dont have one of those but gbarunner2 in twilight menu works quite decently for me
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Don't get me wrong GBA absolutely had some great games but overall the sound and graphics just meh to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The remastered crash bandicoot was pretty decent ngl
    @Xdqwerty I had a NDS long ago, but L and R broke very fast.
    My sister had a N3DS XL and it suffered the same fate.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl the L button barely worked at all in the dsi i previously had
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my dad bought me a dsi identical to that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could be an easy fix without even opening it with some ipa maybe unless the entire button broke
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds games are best played on a DS emulation is fine but having actual hardware is better obviously
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or N3ds/2Ds
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or most "gimmicky" consoles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for +1