Homebrew [RELEASE] Anemone3DS - A Complete Theme and Splash Manager for your 3DS!

Ivan2704

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having a problem by trying to install splash screens (I gave up on trying to do it for 1 month) So whenever i try to install splashes, they won't appear, yes, I have the splashes set on but good job anyways

Squirrel61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you so much for this program, it's really wonderful (and better than Ninny's own theming method imo). However, I have a problem for which I hope you can help me.

I have 2 o3DSXL's, both of which have been hacked following 3ds.guide a few days ago, so the software on both is identical. When I start Anemone on the first 3DS, it's working perfectly well. I have set a nice theme and everything seems to be allright. However, on the second 3DS, Anemone refuses to start. When I open it, I get an error saying something like "extdata does not exist" (however, it is cut off on the left side of the screen, so there might be some text preceding it) and "default theme from the home menu" (same story, cut off). And the message "Press A to shut down". And that's about it, I can only shut down or use the Home key to return to the system menu.

I've already removed Anemone (using FBI's uninstall method), started it with and without the "Splashes" and "Themes" directories, but it is just plain refusing to work, while on the other 3DS it's working perfectly well.

Is there anything I can do, or is this maybe a bug?

Btw. the program version is V1.2.2 and the system software is Sys 11.6.0-39E (I'm using Sysnand without Emunand), which is identical on both 3DSes.

EDIT>>> Forget what I wrote. I found that you first have to open Ninny's theme settings to create the theme data and then the error is gone. Maybe in a future version of this program you might try to catch this situation and give a slightly more informative message?

Last edited by Squirrel61,

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
We're not dead yet! Update incoming soon, mix of feature additions, feature improvements, and bugfixes.

Feature additions:
  • Themes are now sorted alphabetically
  • Slightly changed user interface to allow no BGM install
  • Themes can now be deleted through Anemone instead of FBI/Decrypt9
Feature improvements:
  • Rather than not letting you select more than 10 themes, it will now tell you when you have more than 10 selected (though you can still only install 10 with shuffle)
  • Start/Select now use their own glyphs instead of the + and - buttons
  • QR codes have been massively overhauled to be much, much better. The QR scanner now runs at full speed and doesn't require you to press L to scan anymore, and just scans automatically.
  • Fast scroll with the circle pad has been extended to the left and right buttons with the circle pad, so if you have a few thousand themes and want to sort them all for some reason you can.
  • Some grammatical fixes have been added for overall consistency.
Bugfixes:
  • Anemone now properly detects when you try to view a non-existent preview.
  • Scanning QR codes that aren't zips will now throw a warning instead of crashing. Additionally, it now detects whether a file is a proper zip instead of just checking the file extension, which makes splash zips from the archive website work.
  • Probably some other things got fixed that I'm forgetting.
Huge thanks to @LiquidFenrir for refactoring a lot of the code (which worked out a lot of bugs in the process) and @HM892 for a number of miscellaneous feature additions and improvements. I've been busy with IRL things recently and haven't had much time to work on it. Hopefully it'll be out tonight when I can put the finishing touches on a few QR related things, and if not tonight almost definitely tomorrow.

Last edited by astronautlevel,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're not dead yet! Update incoming soon, mix of feature additions, feature improvements, and bugfixes.

Feature additions:
  • Themes are now sorted alphabetically
  • Slightly changed user interface to allow no BGM install
  • Themes can now be deleted through Anemone instead of FBI/Decrypt9
Feature improvements:
  • Rather than not letting you select more than 10 themes, it will now tell you when you have more than 10 selected
  • Start/Select now use their own glyphs instead of the + and - buttons
  • QR codes have been massively overhauled to be much, much better. The QR scanner now runs at full speed and doesn't require you to press L to scan anymore, and just scans automatically.
  • Fast scroll with the circle pad has been extended to the left and right buttons with the circle pad, so if you have a few thousand themes and want to sort them all for some reason you can.
  • Some grammatical fixes have been added for overall consistency.
Bugfixes:
  • Anemone now properly detects when you try to view a non-existent preview.
  • Scanning QR codes that aren't zips will now throw a warning instead of crashing. Additionally, it now detects whether a file is a proper zip instead of just checking the file extension, which makes splash zips from the archive website work.
  • Probably some other things got fixed that I'm forgetting.
Huge thanks to @LiquidFenrir for refactoring a lot of the code (which worked out a lot of bugs in the process) and @HM892 for a number of miscellaneous feature additions and improvements. I've been busy with IRL things recently and haven't had much time to work on it. Hopefully it'll be out tonight when I can put the finishing touches on a few QR related things, and if not tonight almost definitely tomorrow.
BGM looping fixed for shuffle themes now?

Zabhahs

Goron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep that's what's still broken with all the theme installers out there homebrew wise
but turning the themes into cias, installing, and then shuffling should work still? I might do that since i dont plan on ever using the eshop again with no new games coming out, so they wouldnt get wiped

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but turning the themes into cias, installing, and then shuffling should work still? I might do that since i dont plan on ever using the eshop again with no new games coming out, so they wouldnt get wiped
That's limited surverly

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm for some reason using shuffle themes just doesn't work for me at all.

Edit it's working now but for some reason the BGM doesn't loop I've tested a theme by itself the music looped but in the shuffle it doesn't at all.

Last edited by AyanamiRei0,

peapody

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to report that I can't get QR scanning to work. When clicking L, there is no response, no registration of the code. Am able to add themes to folder though and install through anemone. Thanks!

astronautlevel

OP
Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Version 1.3.0 is now out, with a ton of new improvements!

The UI has been overhauled quite a bit, HUGE improvements to the QR scanner, among other things.

View the full changelog here: https://github.com/astronautlevel2/Anemone3DS/releases/tag/v1.3.0

QR to download:
Anemone.png

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I tried to install a theme without the BGM, I excited back to the homescreen and the BGM played as usual.

It might be the theme but I found that it still happens.

Alain Desjardins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be nice to be able to continue browsing themes with preview open. Any plans to allow preview of BGM? I have themes that don't have BGM and would like to take one from another theme but I can't preview the BGM of themes.

I love it though :) It's super fast and easy to use. I went through all my themes and cleaned up a bunch of stuff, it's looking great!

D

Deleted User

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I tried to install a theme without the BGM, I excited back to the homescreen and the BGM played as usual.

It might be the theme but I found that it still happens.
Yeah it does the same thing for me so you probably still have to use themely to turn the music off untill it gets fixed

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banner.png

Today I am excited to finally announce the first official alpha release of my theme and boot splash manager,
Anemone3DS.

The features of the theme manager include:
  • Support for installing a single theme to your 3DS
  • Support for installing up to 10 shuffle themes
  • QR code reading to install themes from QR codes
  • Support for previewing your themes and splashes before installing them
  • Support for installing boot splashes (Luma3DS only)
  • Install BGM only
Coming soon: https://trello.com/b/F1YSa1VK

Usage:
  1. Create the /Themes/ and /Splashes/ folders on your SD card
  2. Put all of your themes in the /Themes/ folder. These can either be zips, or folders.
  3. Put all of your splashes in the /Splashes/ folder. These must be folders.
  4. Instructions for usage are available once you're in the app.
  5. One undocumented feature I forgot about and am too lazy to fix now because it's 3 AM and I'm tired as hell from working on boot splashes for the past 2 hours: pressing START will quick reboot your 3DS. This is necessary for themes to apply properly.
Credits:
Too lazy to copy it here, see the Github.

Source link: https://github.com/astronautlevel2/Anemone3DS

Download link: https://github.com/astronautlevel2/Anemone3DS/releases/latest

Screenshot:
View attachment 97385
only for cfw users for themes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.