Hacking COMPLETED release - BFRES "Embedded Files" Extractor

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
BFRES "Embedded Files" Extractor (Embedd Extractor for short) is a tool to extract embedded files in BFRES files for Wii U and Switch games.

I don't think this would be useful to Wii U users, as there are tools like BFRES Extractor, or Wexos's Toolbox, which can extract embedded files from Wii U BFRES files.

But, this is extremely useful to Switch users because the textures (BNTX files) are also embedded files and using this will allow you to extract them and use them with my BNTX Extractor, or gdkchan's BnTxx, as the swizzling in Random Talking Bush's BMS Script is still not as perfect as the tools mentioned before. Not to mention that RTB's script extracts them as DX10 DDS files, which aren't supported by most of the tools.

Download.
Source code / GitHub repo.

Last edited by AboodXD,

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BFRES "Embedded Files" Extractor (Embedd Extractor for short) is a tool to extract embedded files in BFRES files for Wii U and Switch games.

I don't think this would be useful to Wii U users, as there are tools like BFRES Extractor, or Wexos's Toolbox, which can extract embedded files from Wii U BFRES files.

But, this is extremely useful to Switch users because the textures (BNTX files) are also embedded files and using this will allow you to extract them and use them with my BNTX Extractor, or gdkchan's BnTxx, as the swizzling in Random Talking Bush's BMS Script is still not as perfect as the tools mentioned before. Not to mention that RTB's script extracts them as DX10 DDS files, which aren't supported by most of the tools.

Download.
Source code / GitHub repo.
do we use this with game dumps or some weird makeshift gamecard-to-usb thingy?

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@AboodXD do you know if anyone is working on repacking switch bfres since sd cafiine for switch is not far away...
I nearly got smb's vertex editor script ported. I just need to fix up the attribute types and some bone index stuff. So model edits would work under the poly limit.

Rebuilding though would be a bit trickier to do though it shouldn't be too hard to update Ray's existing library as it's mainly just things moved around, the new relocation table and some memory stuff added in while also using little endian. I might try later if no one else tries as I'd rather have the format re built sooner rather than later as Wii u took so long.

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I nearly got smb's vertex editor script ported. I just need to fix up the attribute types and some bone index stuff. So model edits would work under the poly limit.

Rebuilding though would be a bit trickier to do though it shouldn't be too hard to update Ray's existing library as it's mainly just things moved around, the new relocation table and some memory stuff added in while also using little endian. I might try later if no one else tries as I'd rather have the format re built sooner rather than later as Wii u took so long.
thanks man youre always on top of things appreciate it...

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks man youre always on top of things appreciate it...
Here's an example of a model import with my Samus mod ported to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

vdjrA3S.png

Should work for BOTW, ARMS, splatoon 2, mk8d, and Mario Odyssey might work too.

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but that is a model port, i thought you were working on vertex only. also what boneset is that?
also whats your paypal ill like to donate you a coffee sometime...(like 5 usd)

Last edited by Don Jon,

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but that is a model port, i thought you were working on vertex only. also what boneset is that?
also whats your paypal ill like to donate you a coffee sometime...(like 5 usd)
Over Waluigi. The script can import any model aslong as it's under the poly count of the original model.
Also I'm fine without any donations and couldn't been done without smb123w64gb since he made the Wii u script.

Reactions: Don Jon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1