Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

hansdampf_HD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HI, is there any risk to get a brick using custom themes? I thought I read something like that in the past, but I'm not sure. Wanna try custom themes tonight, but without any risk.. Is CHMM2 in the HBC already installed?

Cooler110033

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we please get installation instructions? I just installed Luma with no issues, but when I click CHMM2 on Homebrew channel, it eventually leads to a glitched screen, and the bottom screen is red.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe he needs to dump his DSP.
From what I can tell the user is only having problems running chmm2 from hbl. Plus you don't need dspfirm to use the cia, and all they would have to do is run the dsp dumper once to make the cia fully work. Usually it's best to use cia for homebrew once you have cfw anyway.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I can tell the user is only having problems running chmm2 from hbl. Plus you don't need dspfirm to use the cia, and all they would have to do is run the dsp dumper once to make the cia fully work. Usually it's best to use cia for homebrew once you have cfw anyway.
I only use HBL for hax installer or something like that. It's always better to use CIA version if it's available. I don't keep tabs on who/what I'm replying to unless I know them. Too many threads to keep track of.

Cooler110033

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all sleepy and exhausted now but if memory serves, I don't believe I could find a CIA version. Or maybe I did. Regardless, I got it working, then spent half an hour figuring out *how* to dump things, finding an app *to* dump the right file to get the other right file, then I searched through this forum and blah blah blah.

Everything was working swell. Downloading all the themes. Got the previews working and the BGMs playing. Everything was beautiful.

Then I tried to download a theme from the theme downloader and the entire app crashed. Got the 1546 error. And now the app is completely unusable. Sweet beans. Awesomesauce.

This is the guy who brought this up: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/CHMM2/issues/35

And that's where I'm at now. Waaay too tired to deal with fixing this now. Tomorrow I'll have to dig through this forum and/or the internet to fix this nonsense. After spending like 2 hours downloading themes and looking forward to this app's exclusive shuffle feature to have 10 of them, I really don't want to give up on this.

I don't mean to be ungrateful, this whole homebrew scene is the bee's knees, but I really wish it was better kept. If the theme downloader was taken down, it would've been nice if the author removed the button from the app if using it meant bricking the app.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all sleepy and exhausted now but if memory serves, I don't believe I could find a CIA version. Or maybe I did. Regardless, I got it working, then spent half an hour figuring out *how* to dump things, finding an app *to* dump the right file to get the other right file, then I searched through this forum and blah blah blah.

Everything was working swell. Downloading all the themes. Got the previews working and the BGMs playing. Everything was beautiful.

Then I tried to download a theme from the theme downloader and the entire app crashed. Got the 1546 error. And now the app is completely unusable. Sweet beans. Awesomesauce.

This is the guy who brought this up: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/CHMM2/issues/35

And that's where I'm at now. Waaay too tired to deal with fixing this now. Tomorrow I'll have to dig through this forum and/or the internet to fix this nonsense. After spending like 2 hours downloading themes and looking forward to this app's exclusive shuffle feature to have 10 of them, I really don't want to give up on this.

I don't mean to be ungrateful, this whole homebrew scene is the bee's knees, but I really wish it was better kept. If the theme downloader was taken down, it would've been nice if the author removed the button from the app if using it meant bricking the app.
He ragequit the scene from what I heard. The theme downloader thing doesn't work.
https://imgur.com/Nat7GOW
You can switch to this when it becomes stable and adds more features. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-themely-a-beautiful-theme-manager.468707/unread

Cooler110033

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He ragequit the scene from what I heard. The theme downloader thing doesn't work.
https://imgur.com/Nat7GOW
You can switch to this when it becomes stable and adds more features. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-themely-a-beautiful-theme-manager.468707/unread

Aw man, now I feel bad. It sucks that he got so many negative comments, but what can you do. It is the internet after all.

Hopefully I'll be able to fix it and use it cuz for now Themely doesn't have a shuffle option. I really like that shuffle option.

Also, I really do appreciate this guy's work. I didn't mean to smack talk him. I was just frustrated.

Reactions: Deleted User

Cooler110033

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, the app maker replied to me in that same github link above and it ultimately led to my fixing the issue. Just like that - didn't need to go through any trouble.

It turns out the theme downloader can still download themes. And the theme that it downloaded to my SD card was causing the error because as soon as I deleted it, the problem was resolved. Everything's back to beauty now.

So, if anyone else has the 1546 error, just filter your themes by date, and try deleting the latest one. Worked for me.

Mr_TRZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to use the theme downloader, but it is giving me the error
Error: [string "?"]:1: <name> expected near '//p
What have I done, and how do I fix it?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I am trying to use the theme downloader, but it is giving me the error
Error: [string "?"]:1: <name> expected near '//p
What have I done, and how do I fix it?
The theme downloader doesn't work anymore due to changes in the site. It won't be fixed, as the developer has left the 3DS hacking scene.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)