Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Ok here we go, something cool!

CIAngel is a homebrew program that downloads content from Nintendo's servers.
It can make a GOOD cia that will be able to be redownloaded, it will not interfere with eshop... etc.
You can install directly to your device, or create a cia on the sd card to install later.
You can install a ticket, which lets you redownoad the game via eshop. (This only works for games that are in your eshop = in your region)

This not not just my work, I have done a small part! @Drakia has done a lot of work and made this project really cool!
Plus other contributions from members too, thank you!

Thanks to @machinamentum for FirmwareDownloader because without that, CIAngel would not exist, it was heavily based on that work!Thanks for 3dsguy and the other people who worked on make_cdn_cia, and @Friendsxix for helping me make good tickets long ago!

LINK REMOVED until CIAngel does not have the titlekey website hardcoded... (due to request from mods)

Thanks Drakia for the QR code!
-snip-

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed QR code -rp
D

Deleted User

Why on earth are you creating an installable CIA if you're already on the device you want to install to?

Wouldn't using NIM to install as if it were legit eshop content save tons of space and time?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Why on earth are you creating an installable CIA if you're already on the device you want to install to?

Wouldn't using NIM to install as if it were legit eshop content save tons of space and time?

This. I'd install directly. No need to save it on the SD card first.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ok, please code that :) for some reason i didn't think you would be a fan :D

it's not for everyone - not even for me!
i hardly use my tools ever, they are for the community :)

Last edited by cearp,

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see the use in generating a .CIA as an archival option. Maybe FTP it to your PC hard drive after installation or just delete it with a file/CIA manager. It may not be what most users would want, but I can see the purpose in generating a file.

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox, , Reason: Better phrasing =/

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I could maybe see generating a .CIA as an archival option. Maybe FTP it to your PC hard drive after installation or just delete it with a file/CIA manager. It may not be what most users would want, but I can see the purpose in generating a file.
yeah, i thought about creating tickets and then installing them,then just using eshop natively to redownload as normal, but then it wouldn't work for out of region content... not a big problem, but a problem for some.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Early feature request: title.db decryption to remove the need of encTitleKeys.bin
you mean ticket.db?
sure, but that file is big and i would have to add code to parse it, i would just expect you to use decrypt9 to dump the file (in the future, it's not supported now)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
someone said the new fbi can install tickets, if so that will be easier than getting 3dsinstalltickets to work, maybe, although the latter i could add to the code and make it streamlined.
but if fbi now CAN install tickets, i'll add that to CIAngel :)
but keep in mind that you will have to download those games via eshop, which is nice, up to 10 games lined up, you can close the 3ds etc... but only your region content.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
This looks pretty cool! But wouldn't it take forever to download a CIA game since the files are so big?
it depends on the size of the game :) i wouldn't recommend downloading big big games... the download speed is maybe not the problem, i'm not sure how fast the 3ds can go, but the cia takes a while to build, from my testing.
i don't recommend using this over FunkyCIA/FunKeyCIA, but maybe you can imagine some situations where you can't access a computer and want to get a new game.

Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it depends on the size of the game :) i wouldn't recommend downloading big big games... the download speed is maybe not the problem, i'm not sure how fast the 3ds can go, but the cia takes a while to build, from my testing.
i don't recommend using this over FunkyCIA/FunKeyCIA, but maybe you can imagine some situations where you can't access a computer and want to get a new game.
Okay, what should I use to download it then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended