Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game is not yet on the titlekey site thus it won't show in freeshop or ciangel yet ; but you could find a cia of it on the iso site and install it with fbi. The op there said he added it on the titlekey site so it will be there soon.
The titlekey site at this point should be almost entirely automated. If it was the correct key (And not a key generated from a dumped cart, for example) it should have already shown up if someone submitted it.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updates for a game all use the same title id. If you see more them one it's most likely different region updated or DLC updates
Shovel knight has the main game, v1.1 and v2.2 when viewing just my region in CIAngel. The later two are labelled as updates when looking at the details. I am not clear on if I can install v2.2 directly or need to install v1.1 first.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shovel knight has the main game, v1.1 and v2.2 when viewing just my region in CIAngel. The later two are labelled as updates when looking at the details. I am not clear on if I can install v2.2 directly or need to install v1.1 first.
That's the first time I've seen two updates... I'm unsure whether you need both or not.

contingences

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The titlekey site at this point should be almost entirely automated. If it was the correct key (And not a key generated from a dumped cart, for example) it should have already shown up if someone submitted it.
Yup, you're right ; let's hope he was thinking ahead of his acts :-)

Last edited by contingences,

jst18

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I installed Luma and B9S but I’m quite new to the 3DS scene. I've been reading this thread as well as many others (including the banwave bible) and people say things like dumping cartridges doesn't make sense anymore, they all recommend downloaders. I personally prefer CIAngel since you can export cia files, but I'm still afraid of getting banned on my brand new system. Have we got to know if the banwave was related to downloaders like CIAngel or others?

I barely know tech slang plus I've read so many versions over the forum. I understood Nintendo collects information to check if the system downloading the title through their server has purchased it or not. I also read the same content will share a title key for its life, but I actually didn't understand what a ticket is, just that it works to download titles directly from eShop.

So I'm considering the safest way is using CIAngel on my old 2DS to download and export cias to the new 3DS. Is this a good idea? Or does the exported cia has some info related to the 2DS which will compromise the new 3DS?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed Luma and B9S but I’m quite new to the 3DS scene. I've been reading this thread as well as many others (including the banwave bible) and people say things like dumping cartridges doesn't make sense anymore, they all recommend downloaders. I personally prefer CIAngel since you can export cia files, but I'm still afraid of getting banned on my brand new system. Have we got to know if the banwave was related to downloaders like CIAngel or others?

I barely know tech slang plus I've read so many versions over the forum. I understood Nintendo collects information to check if the system downloading the title through their server has purchased it or not. I also read the same content will share a title key for its life, but I actually didn't understand what a ticket is, just that it works to download titles directly from eShop.

So I'm considering the safest way is using CIAngel on my old 2DS to download and export cias to the new 3DS. Is this a good idea? Or does the exported cia has some info related to the 2DS which will compromise the new 3DS?
The downloading of a CIA sends no data except your IP to Nintendo. People have said that playing games is what sends info to their servers, but so far nobody has been banned explicitly for using any of the downloader apps or pirated content from what the community has gathered. Both using CIAngel and playing games downloaded on another system have the same chance of resulting in a ban by themselves: essentially zero.

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does CIAngel save the.cia file on the SD card when it's finished installing a game or does it delete the .cia file? I would leave like to save the .cia file for archiving, but wasn't sure if CIAngel has this option. Thanks in advance for any help!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does CIAngel save the.cia file on the SD card when it's finished installing a game or does it delete the .cia file? I would leave like to save the .cia file for archiving, but wasn't sure if CIAngel has this option. Thanks in advance for any help!
It's an user selectable option, as it first started as a cia downloader, then under popular request a direct install option was added

Reactions: xtreemsurf

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you set the "Install CIA" mode it will straight install the game without creating the CIA.
To save the CIA you have to change the mode to "Create CIA" by pressing L, but in this case it won't install it automatically, you have to use FBI to install it after CIAngel is done

Reactions: xtreemsurf

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an user selectable option, as it first started as a cia downloader, then under popular request a direct install option was added
If you set the "Install CIA" mode it will straight install the game without creating the CIA.
To save the CIA you have to change the mode to "Create CIA" by pressing L, but in this case it won't install it automatically, you have to use FBI to install it after CIAngel is done
Thanks so much!! This is great!!

Reactions: W4T4R1

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Drakia I had some download in CIA with create CIA terminate early, but create a CIA. I got an error installing or it installed but crashed the game. I can't remember since it was a while ago. I just redownloaded it and that fixed it. Is there a way for CIAngel to check if a download is complete and valid? If not, could this check be added?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Drakia I had some download in CIA with create CIA terminate early, but create a CIA. I got an error installing or it installed but crashed the game. I can't remember since it was a while ago. I just redownloaded it and that fixed it. Is there a way for CIAngel to check if a download is complete and valid? If not, could this check be added?
We don't have any sort of checksum data, but we could probably catch HTTP errors better. I'll add it to the list of things to work on next time I actually have time to look at this codebase :)

Reactions: pixelmasher

NetBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I keep getting errors when trying to download games. The game gets to 100% download, then gives me a CIA install failure error. Picture attached:)
All help appreciated!

Attachments

• 0958EF4B-A156-49A5-A84F-A2D6A7BC4E52.jpeg
    0958EF4B-A156-49A5-A84F-A2D6A7BC4E52.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 243

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Japanese character support when?
Unlikely to happen. You can search by serial though, which will always be standard ASCII characters.

Hi! I keep getting errors when trying to download games. The game gets to 100% download, then gives me a CIA install failure error. Picture attached:)
All help appreciated!
Are you using the CIA or 3ds version? What firmware are you on? What CFW are you running?

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be great if the 3dsx could use Rosalina's feature.
For now if you use the 3dsx, it recognises it and disable install feature while it could perfectly do it.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Drakia
I’m on firmware 11.5 (latest I believe), using CIA version, on N2DS XL, with B9S 1.2 Luma
Hmm, never seen that issue before, so I'm not quite sure what could be causing it. If you create a CIA instead of direct installing, does installing it through FBI work correctly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night