Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would you rather have seen? Arc's thread was beautifully comprehensive in terms of FAQ, general info and all that.

Also, the OP is now Dion, who is basically the Discord severs' admin, meaning that if Paul ever quits, we can now switch forks without having to make a new thread.

The alternative would be to get one of my threads (Paul asked me to make it but I declined) which would just be:

Code:
[list]
[*] [url=http://google.com]Release[/url]
[*] [url=http://google.com]Sauce[/url]
[/list]

Please report any issues on the Issue tracker.

So what would you rather have: A crappy boring thread or one that is very comprehensive to the software at hand.
The difference starts when you actually try to build a better thread on your own. Billy acuña might be the only one arround here who i guess knows why i pointed it out, but really don't want to start flaming due to my opinion regarding dionicio.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So whats the advantages to using this instead of the old one?
( would like a faster internet download speed cause it seems its limited to just 600KB/S )
The most simple answer would be that arc13's one won't be updated anymore (both app and cache). So, if you want your games and keep yourself with themost recent version, you have to switch to paul's fork.

Reactions: Billy Acuña

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
The difference starts when you actually try to build a better thread on your own. Billy acuña might be the only one arround here who i guess knows why i pointed it out, but really don't want to start flaming due to my opinion regarding dionicio.
The only reason that its just a copy paste (other than the different links, lilith's name change and an extra FAQ entry) is because the old one was fine and addressed everything that was needed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also the reason why I thank myself for the discord server was just for a joke

Reactions: Quantumcat

xXPaulMCXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It will likely remain as is. The auto-update cache would be left out. The only thing I can possibly see is that if arc does not compile anymore cache files for the 3.1.4 that you wont see any future games included.
arc doesn't manage the cache, it's some dude that Cruel asked to do that, we don't have contact to him

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it absolutely necessary to switch to this fork? The cache is still being updated by that guy so 3.1.4 should still work, right? I don't need the newest games as they release so I frankly don't care how often the cache is updated. I'll switch if I have to. I just want to know if I have to switch.

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it absolutely necessary to switch to this fork? The cache is still being updated by that guy so 3.1.4 should still work, right? I don't need the newest games as they release so I frankly don't care how often the cache is updated. I'll switch if I have to. I just want to know if I have to switch.

I know someone who still using the 2.2 version from the first author, Freeshop still works even if you use older versions so i guess it's up to you.

However it seems Freeshop comes with auto-update enabled by default so even reinstalling the 3.1.4 from Arc it immediately auto-updates to 3.1.7 from Paul's fork. Unless of course you had a chance to disable auto-update before Arc made his fork update to the new one.

For now i'm using 3.1.7 without any issues.

Last edited by Mysuke,
Reactions: KunoichiZ

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Pikmin's still missing from the US servers, only the EUR one is available.
Then go buy it and contribute the titlekey. This is not a request thread.

The most simple answer would be that arc13's one won't be updated anymore (both app and cache). So, if you want your games and keep yourself with themost recent version, you have to switch to paul's fork.
Arc did not manage the cache, someone else did.

Arc's fork uses the same cache as Cruel set up. The main issue people were having was the maintainer of that cache started updating less and less often. I understand being fine not having the cache updated within a day or whatever, but the delay between r64 and r65 was ~4 weeks. That's a little excessive.
Arc's fork also will not have any additional enhancements/fixes/features merged into it, as he has stopped development.

MalwareShop :unsure:?
gtfo

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So, pressing Start to exit crashes it

Attachments

• 20170906_110509.jpg
    20170906_110509.jpg
    923.5 KB · Views: 621
Reactions: Borjitasstoi

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So, pressing Start to exit crashes it
That happened on arc13's as well. Now that it is being developed again hopefully this can be addressed. The Luma devs aren't interested in investigating it, saying it is freeShop's fault.

Another feature I'd like to see is the SD storage space meter showing how much space the games on the download queue will take up once downloaded. It could be in a different colour to the actual space that's taken. Then you can tell how many more games you can add to the queue before your SD will run out of space.

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
That happened on arc13's as well. Now that it is being developed again hopefully this can be addressed. The Luma devs aren't interested in investigating it, saying it is freeShop's fault.

Another feature I'd like to see is the SD storage space meter showing how much space the games on the download queue will take up once downloaded. It could be in a different colour to the actual space that's taken. Then you can tell how many more games you can add to the queue before your SD will run out of space.
Yeah, that's a good idea! And the dlc, update sizes. Maybe even dlc separated? If you don't want them all?

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
This person doesn't know what they're doing, as well they have a history of using the limited skills they have acquired for personal gain.

Are you people serious??? Arcs fork with someone like this op here, maintaining it is enough.

The op here, at best should be nothing more than a server caretaker unless a undeniable feature is presented. Even then i'd view the source and compile myself....

Do you know how easy it is for me to fork this and 'DATA MINE' all your data including your friendcodeseed, then sell them online to those looking to cheat and unban consoles? As easy as saying abc123... literally...

arc13

SPAAAACE !
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Listen to this..... is freeshop an only option until this settles? No.

Yes my analogy i'm about to use is over the top..... but the person is a kid with a lack of awareness and with a wide enough history to detail those lackings. There was deliberate syphoning of '''reusable''' data.

happy to be in your perspective whatever suits your fancy. Dress me how you like....

Fact is a rapist is trying to tell you he won't rape you...... any homebrew can syphon things that don't seem important to you but can be.

freeShop is an open source software, you can look at the source code to see if there's any kind of malware or even compile it yourself if you're afraid.
You can stay on 3.1.4, 2.2.0 or even use another software, I don't care.

What you're doing here (and some other people as I saw) is just bring up the incident, for no reason but shitpost on this thread.
People like you make this scene cancerous, if you have nothing to do, play a video game or go outside, and if you can't do that, just sell your 3DS and all your problems will disappear !
But bringing up the incident, or the people associated with this incident, to just trigger them, is something totally stupid and immature.

Oh, and this is the freeShop thread, what you're saying is irrelevant, the comments here should be people that are looking for help, bug reports...
Not messages like "lol frishope = malwar"

Ciao, I don't want to deal with people like you anymore, it's just disgusting.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
arc doesn't manage the cache, it's some dude that Cruel asked to do that, we don't have contact to him
I never got asked by Cruel to manage the cache :P. And I definetly have contact with you.

Also I'd like to shill the Discord for anyone who thinks of joining. We now have a webhook that posts in there whenever there are cache updates. (#freeshop for anyone already on the Discord is where it posts).

Reactions: Quantumcat

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ok kids, quiet down. Let's stay on topic and appreciate what we have.
No more name calling, you can all just get over it.
I'm thankful that Cruel made it, arc13 did an awesome fork and now Paul took over.the project. That is all that matters. Thanks guys!
@Dionicio3 tnx to you too

iridescent12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on arc13's 3.1.4 right now and when I load it up it says installing 3.1.7 but after that it still says 3.1.4 in the update menu. How do I update properly?

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fucking hell, you all should just be thankful that we have dev's like this still in the 3DS scene. This scene is more than likely the worst to develop for, yet they still do it.
So, stop trying to be that edgy special snowflake bringing up past incidents, and just be thankful to Cruel for making this, Arc13 for carrying it on, and now Paul as he took over the project.

If you don't like it, go make your own version. Dont shitpost about irrelevant stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, : tpi :