Homebrew [RELEASE] ctrQuake - Quake 1 port

Starboy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
hi guys i tried installing quake and installed the cia and put the pak0 and pak1 files in the 3ds/ctrquake folder but when i try to run the game i get this error
cant find gfx/pop.imp
cant find gfx.wad
sys error w_loaderfile:couldnt load

edit i copied the files in id1 folder and the game runs but stops in loading screen now it says cant find touchpadoverlay.bin file

Last edited by Starboy,

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys i tried installing quake and installed the cia and put the pak0 and pak1 files in the 3ds/ctrquake folder but when i try to run the game i get this error
cant find gfx/pop.imp
cant find gfx.wad
sys error w_loaderfile:couldnt load

edit i copied the files in id1 folder and the game runs but stops in loading screen now it says cant find touchpadoverlay.bin file

Just download the ctrQuake.zip file and extract to your sd card

Reactions: Starboy

Starboy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi guys i got the game up and running and i cant believe i have quake on my 3ds, now a small issue is whenever i press the start button to press on new game it says, are you sure you want to start a new game and then the start key doesnt work anymore, also the enter key on the keyboard does not start a new game and another thing do i also have to copy the 3dsx and smdh files to the ctrquake folder

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just download the ctrQuake.zip file and extract to your sd card
do i also need to copy the 3dsx and smdh files from the zip folder as i am using the cia version and the pak1 files from some other site

EDIT:Thanks masterfeizz for this beautiful game, all things running great now

Last edited by Starboy,

tranxuanthang

Trophies
XP
Country
Could you make this compatible with luma 8.0 w/ rosalina? I run it with hbmenu2.0 and I always get the crash screen (An exception occurred).

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you make this compatible with luma 8.0 w/ rosalina? I run it with hbmenu2.0 and I always get the crash screen (An exception occurred).

I have luma8 and works fine.

It worked for me with Luma 8.0, but not in 8.1. However, at TuxSH's suggestion, I tried recompiling it with the latest devkitpro and it works now. So, here you go. This should get it working again. Enjoy.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is built from the latest commit, so it also has the Stereoscopic 3D that got added after the last official release.

Attachments

• ctrQuake (Rosalina-compatible).rar
    334.3 KB · Views: 289
Last edited by Kazuma77,

Mike Abastante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you @Kazuma77 It works perfectly. I was kinda exited about the 3d stereo but then I realized that the slider only applies to the gun and not to the environment. It definitely needs some tweaking but I'm still grateful I can play this masterpiece on my 3ds.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you @Kazuma77 It works perfectly. I was kinda exited about the 3d stereo but then I realized that the slider only applies to the gun and not to the environment. It definitely needs some tweaking but I'm still grateful I can play this masterpiece on my 3ds.

Yeah, that's probably why they hadn't put it in a release yet. Still, better than nothing I guess. Spectre3DS has true stereoscopy (and music support, though only at 22 Khz). But I get an error with "Hud.cpp" trying to compile it. I can comment the lines, but then it gives several other errors when it gets to "ViewState.cpp" so I probably will not get the current source working with Rosalina. Hopefully @elhobbs will return to the project eventually, though I think he's working on Hexen for now (which is working great atm I might add). It's pretty good, even without having a menu and having to start the game with the "map start" command (or "map end" if you want to get straight to the point I guess, ;) ). You'll have to use *hax in some form if you want to see Quake in true 3D for now.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Mike Abastante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's probably why they hadn't put it in a release yet. Still, better than nothing I guess. Spectre3DS has true stereoscopy (and music support, though only at 22 Khz). But I get an error with "Hud.cpp" trying to compile it. I can comment the lines, but then it gives several other errors when it gets to "ViewState.cpp" so I probably will not get the current source working with Rosalina. Hopefully @elhobbs will return to the project eventually, though I think he's working on Hexen for now (which is working great atm I might add). It's pretty good, even without having a menu and having to start the game with the "map start" command (or "map end" if you want to get straight to the point I guess, ;) ). You'll have to use *hax in some form if you want to see Quake in true 3D for now.
I didn't know about the Spectre3ds. I'm totally fine with this port. As long as it works smoothly as it does, I saw that elhobbs is the one working on the Hexen2 port. At least one of them. I'll play that one after I'm done with all the quake expansions. Keep us posted if you are able to compile Duke3d too. Thank you!

Snoof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The multiplayer doesn't work. :(

EDIT: I found out the problem. I was connecting to QuakeWorld servers.

Last edited by Snoof,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: