Hacking [Release] DNSwitch - A utility to hijack the webbrowser

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 19,051
  • Replies 58
  • Likes 17

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just now thought, has anyone tried this with Granblue Fantasy? :o

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The http_server.py script doesn't really seem to be necessary, since Python 3.6 includes its own http server module.

Code:
python -m http.server 80

(Requires root on *nix and OSX though, much like the http_server.py script would)

That said, nice work though.

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Why is this even posted here? And why is everyone excited?
Someone just changed the dns of their switch to point to a html file, big whoop.

D

Deleted User

OP
Why is this even posted here? And why is everyone excited?
Someone just changed the dns of their switch to point to a html file, big whoop.
It's the first or was the first public tool released, that automated/allowed this progress. No one said it was anything groundbreaking.

Instead of being negative how about trying to contribute something yourself instead of talking down on others like you know everything and are a perfect being. The community can't move foreword if everyone keeps everything to themselves, anything helps no matter how big or small. Would you rather this be another "omg my system crashed I found an exploit" thread?

For example this allowed us to figure out the limitations of the browser and exactly what it can and can't do.

But you're right we should all sit back and look at the glass as half empty like you and just let someone else do all this work years down the line in secret /s

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Shadowfied

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
It's the first or was the first public tool released, that automated/allowed this progress. No one said it was anything groundbreaking.

Instead of being negative how about trying to contribute something yourself instead of talking down on others like you know everything and are a perfect being. The community can't move foreword if everyone keeps everything to themselves, anything helps no matter how big or small. Would you rather this be another "omg my system crashed I found an exploit" thread?

For example this allowed us to figure out the limitations of the browser and exactly what it can and can't do.

But you're right we should all sit back and look at the glass as half empty like you and just let someone else do all this work years down the line in secret /s
You are wrong this is not the first public tool released. This has been around since the 1980's.
If you think this is an exploit of somekind or a hacking tool, you should post this on every hacking forum you can get in to and change the title "[Release Hijack all]"

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
You are wrong this is not the first public tool released. This has been around since the 1980's.
If you think this is an exploit of somekind or a hacking tool, you should post this on every hacking forum you can get in to and change the title "[Release Hijack all]"
...you're joking right?
It's not about the fact that we can redirect a fucking connection lol, It's about the fact that by doing so we can actually have a "browser" on this system, as it normally does not have.

Also, by definition, this is an exploit. It is utilizing something in a way that was not intended by the developer, but even then, no one is calling this an "exploit". AS the title says, we're hijacking the web applet, nothing more, nothing less. What's your problem?

Last edited by Shadowfied,

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
...you're joking right?
It's not about the fact that we can redirect a fucking connection lol, It's about the fact that by doing so we can actually have a "browser" on this system, as it normally does not have.
This isnt a release of anything new or new knowledge to to help with further development.
The only way this could be considered legit was if the title was "Noob guide on how to change the switch dns".
Here http://code.activestate.com/recipes/491264-mini-fake-dns-server/ this guy released a switch browser hack 10 years ago, the comments are even the same ... he can see the future.

D

Deleted User

OP
To be fair if it wasn't something then sites like wololo or hackinformer wouldn't have wrote news articles on this.

You're right though this was so simple it shouldn't be a thing and we should have kept it secret from the community /s

Honestly this just sounds like you're salty that you didn't think of doing this first. You're free to sit here and complain however. The rest of us will continue to be productive and actually try and contribute something to the community

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
To be fair if it wasn't something then sites like wololo or hackinformer wouldn't have wrote news articles on this.

You're right though this was so simple it shouldn't be a thing and we should have kept it secret from the community /s

Honestly this just sounds like you're salty that you didn't think of doing this first. You're free to sit here and complain however. The rest of us will continue to be productive and actually try and contribute something to the community
You're so ignorant it's like trying to explain algebra to a 3 year old that doesn't even know how to count to 10 yet.
Have fun being productive.
Bye bye now.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
You're so ignorant it's like trying to explain algebra to a 3 year old that doesn't even know how to count to 10 yet.
Have fun being productive.
Bye bye now.
You're the ignorant one here. No doubts about that. You come in here and start making a bunch of stupid claims, completely missing the point of the entire topic, talking about it being bullshit etc when there's a lot of interest in it. If you think we're too stupid for you, then by all means, don't be here! :)

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
You're the ignorant one here. No doubts about that. You come in here and start making a bunch of stupid claims, completely missing the point of the entire topic, talking about it being bullshit etc when there's a lot of interest in it. If you think we're too stupid for you, then by all means, don't be here! :)
This is so basic its like saying "I discovered 1+1=2", ok good for you, you now know 1+1=2.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
This is so basic its like saying "I discovered 1+1=2", ok good for you, you now know 1+1=2.
Why don't you go do a survey and ask people "do you know 1+1?" and "do you know how to set up a DNS server to reroute a domain to another?" and show me the results?

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Why don't you go do a survey and ask people "do you know 1+1?" and "do you know how to set up a DNS server to reroute a domain to another?" and show me the results?
I've got no problem if the topic was a tutorial to show people how to setup a dns server.
This topic pretends to be something different though.

D

Deleted User

OP
For those who want to test multiple sites quickly and easily I have just added an html file to DNSwitch that redirects to dnswitch.redthetrainer.com This will allow you to test to your hearts content with minimal effort

D

Deleted User

OP
wMPSRTK.png

yeah, quite the inconvenience.

why not just keep the thread here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...