Hacking [Release] DNSwitch4All - A public DNS Server to hijack the webbrowser & block updates

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 25,930
  • Replies 34
  • Likes 2

Stark264

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... Does this not work anymore or what? I followed the steps but the connection goes all the way through and doesn't ask to register. Unless I actually, accidentally registered it somehow. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something but seeing as how I'm not very good at this, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I hope you can help me somehow, I'd greatly appreciate it.

D

Deleted User

OP
So... Does this not work anymore or what? I followed the steps but the connection goes all the way through and doesn't ask to register. Unless I actually, accidentally registered it somehow. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something but seeing as how I'm not very good at this, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I hope you can help me somehow, I'd greatly appreciate it.
It still works if it's not asking f you to register you didn't set up the dns correctly

D

Deleted User

OP
I accidentally updated my Switch yesterday from 2.0 to 2.2 during a MK8D session yesterday. I'm so pissed off I updated.

Swear to christ, if a vulnerability comes out soon and it requires 2.0, it's going back to the fucking shop for a new one.

Becareful folks, keep your system offline or DNS block the update servers.

Reactions: Kupie

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally updated my Switch yesterday from 2.0 to 2.2 during a MK8D session yesterday. I'm so pissed off I updated.

Swear to christ, if a vulnerability comes out soon and it requires 2.0, it's going back to the fucking shop for a new one.

Yeah the Switch is a tricky asshole, Nintendo learned a lesson it seems LOL

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it won't matter if you buy a new one, no units come on 2.0 and yu can't cart update.

PS. this dns is useless for update blocking, block them yourselves.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just want to log into my Nintendo Account to set my user up once on my new 2.3.0 Switch. Afterwards I won't go online anytime again.
Is that possible or just with a FW update?

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure it won't let you create a Nintendo Account without updating first. No point to creating a Nintendo Account if you're going to stay offline though.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm pretty sure it won't let you create a Nintendo Account without updating first. No point to creating a Nintendo Account if you're going to stay offline though.
I already have one which I'm using on Wii U, 3DS and in Chrome (PC). So I just wanted to log into it rather than starting savegames on an offline user which is unconnected.
But as it seems I can just "upgrade" my local user by connecting it to my NID later on so there shouldn't be a problem.

By the way I tried it out and you were right: If I try to do something wich my NID a message pops up telling me I have to update my FW first.

Kilim

ReiNX Official Dad™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow a dev releases a great tool that'll help all of us out and asshats hound him because it "could be easier"

the fact that anyone releases anything with this kind of attitude and gratefulness is astounding

thanks a lot OP - will put this to good use over Christmas break~

Stercate79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
> Easier/Noob friendly version of DNSwitch
> Requirements: Python 3.6 or Python 2.0

no thanks already too complicate

Sayora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this still work? I have entered the DNS into both my primary and secondary DNS and get a DNS name resolution error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol