• Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you download a CIA and then install it with WiFi disabled, then I assume FBI would be unable to download the required seed, correct?

In which case is there any way we can download the seed and combine it with the CIA, so that no online access is required and nothing needs to be downloaded from Ninty's servers? (Or perhaps we could have a 'seed database'?)

If the above isn't possible, since most CIA require the seed to be downloaded would it not be better to convert .3DS into CIA? Then we would have a fully working archive file for posterity.
If you launch fbi via the Rosalina launcher, you have a zero percent chance of being banned. There's also a fork of luma3ds that has fbi installing built in if you're interested, which most likely can download a cia via a seed.

Reactions: Razor83

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
If you launch fbi via the Rosalina launcher, you have a zero percent chance of being banned. There's also a fork of luma3ds that has fbi installing built in if you're interested, which most likely can download a cia via a seed.
Thanks for the suggestion, but its not really the ban risk i'm concerned about, its the future/archival nature i'm bothered about.
I'm just thinking 10 years down the line, when the 3DS eShop is shut down, alot of downloaded CIA files will suddenly become useless without the seeds.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you download a CIA and then install it with WiFi disabled, then I assume FBI would be unable to download the required seed, correct?

In which case is there any way we can download the seed and combine it with the CIA, so that no online access is required and nothing needs to be downloaded from Ninty's servers? (Or perhaps we could have a 'seed database'?)

If the above isn't possible, since most CIA require the seed to be downloaded would it not be better to convert .3DS into CIA? Then we would have a fully working archive file for posterity.
seeds can be downloaded from this url:
Code:
https://kagiya-ctr.cdn.nintendo.net/title/0x<titleid>/ext_key?country=<countrycode>
for example, Pokémon Ultra Moon US would be https://kagiya-ctr.cdn.nintendo.net/title/0x00040000001B5100/ext_key?country=US.
the seed is the same for every title ID, the country code doesn't really matter. it is only so regions where the game is not released yet do not get the seed officially.

I have a list of known seeds at https://github.com/ihaveamac/3DS-rom-tools/wiki/SeedDB-list and seeds could be extracted out of the seeddb.bin if needed. many tools already recognize the seeddb.bin format.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestion, but its not really the ban risk i'm concerned about, its the future/archival nature i'm bothered about.
I'm just thinking 10 years down the line, when the 3DS eShop is shut down, alot of downloaded CIA files will suddenly become useless without the seeds.

You can download the seed from Nintendo's server on your pc and install it with fbi for offline install.

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a list of known seeds at https://github.com/ihaveamac/3DS-rom-tools/wiki/SeedDB-list and seeds could be extracted out of the seeddb.bin if needed. many tools already recognize the seeddb.bin format.
Thanks for the info :) So does the latest FBI recognize the seeddb.bin format?

I googled but was only able to find this thread about converting the seeddb.bin back into .dat files for use with FBI:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-hydroseed-export-seeddb-bin-to-dat-files.486592/
so I wasn't sure if seeddb.bin support has been added since then?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info :) So does the latest FBI recognize the seeddb.bin format?

I googled but was only able to find this thread about converting the seeddb.bin back into .dat files for use with FBI:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-hydroseed-export-seeddb-bin-to-dat-files.486592/
so I wasn't sure if seeddb.bin support has been added since then?
FBI doesn't use seeddb.bin directly, but seeds can be taken out of it with other tools(like the one you posted). I was considering making something that installs all the seeds from a seeddb.bin too.

D

Deleted User

OP
FBI has been updated to version 2.5.0
  • Clean up various bits of core code.
  • Fix font size on CHN/KOR/TWN devices.
  • HTTP operations now support gzip/deflate compression, which should reduce bandwidth usage when supported by the server.
  • Load file metadata after populating full list. Directories containing a lot of CIAs should populate faster now, although detailed information will not be immediately available for all files until loading has finished.
    • File operations for which file metadata is unnecessary should also load faster.
  • Modify built-in updater to pull from TitleDB, as GitHub no longer supports TLS versions supported by the 3DS.
  • Rewrite TitleDB support.
    • Titles can be installed as a 3DSX and/or a CIA, depending on availability.
      • Descriptions and categories are displayed in the main TitleDB list, and detailed information is displayed for CIA and 3DSX versions after selecting a title.
    • Entries will be blue when a newer version is available. Note that all installed titles will be marked as outdated until installed with version 2.5.0 or later through TitleDB, as the last installed version must be added to the cache.
      • All outdated titles can be updated at once by pressing Y in the TitleDB list.
    • Basic sorting and filtering options have been added.
A lot of internal changes were made leading up to this release. Make sure to report any glitches and crashes that may have been missed here: https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/issues

Also, the built-in updater should no longer work on versions older than 2.5.0, as GitHub has disabled TLSv1.1 support.

Last edited by ,

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea if the 0xD8E08025 error could be related to the Gateway 11.6 modded firmware? Pulled out my unit for the first time in about a year and almost anything I try to install after that update causes this error.

suzsuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have some problems with titledb, it shows lot of versions of my installed homebrews. It seems the latests commits fixed the problem but I'm too lazy to compile FBI. Any site that has automatic builds of each commit?

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
@suzsuzuki is correct. Titledb option shows all version you installed and not only the last one like the previous version of FBI. I attached a pic.
20180227_192132.jpg

Reactions: Giodude

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: zeldaism

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1