• Likes 105

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can we dump the system .dat savedata with this? I have a dirty fuse tool for that and I was thinking of a replacement, but this seems convenient
its possible with this to deleted the registed file? and notification?
GodMode9 has access to all areas of the NAND, so, yup, you can do both with it. You just have to find out what files to edit, and GodMode9 won't help you with this.

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GodMode9 has access to all areas of the NAND, so, yup, you can do both with it. You just have to find out what files to edit, and GodMode9 won't help you with this.
That's not a problem. Thanks for this, will use it from now on

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
By the way, anyone read the paragraph about the challenge in the opening post? If you don't have a hardmod, you should not try anything (too) stupid, but if you do... try it :).

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Question (I won't be doing this, no hardmod and this homebrew seems to work only with sysNand), what happens if you delete ticket.db? It will get reconstructed next time you try to enter eShop with a linked NNID? Or the console will stop working?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It can also edit emunand, but the program must be run from sysnand!

Do you mean the ticket.db on internal memory or the one in the Nintendo 3DS folder? (oops, confused with title.db)

I'll try in a while, after Pokemon Pinball ;)

Last edited by Ryccardo,

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Successfully used this last night on my A9LH SysNAND to grab nand:/data/<console-unique>/sysdata/0001000f/00000000 in order to generate a seeddb.bin.

Thanks for the great work, @d0k3!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Question (I won't be doing this, no hardmod and this homebrew seems to work only with sysNand), what happens if you delete ticket.db? It will get reconstructed next time you try to enter eShop with a linked NNID? Or the console will stop working?

Tried it: removing /dbs/ticket.db won't brick your console (Home will still happily open) but you won't have any app accessible via the launcher!

Reactions: astronautlevel

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, you end up with only slot-1 and any folders you created (now empty). The multitasking apps (quick camera, browser, ...) work but the link to system settings from the brightness panel doesn't!

-----

New Leaf, when launched this way, appears to crash early (at the first frame of the train animation) but then works after a few seconds...

Last edited by Ryccardo,

zdgr4ye5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 3ds has 1240 MB nand size partition,
Some new 3ds has 1,3GB nand chip, but other 2GB nand chip

I want to know - can we access and use free space to store some data if new 3ds has 2GB nand chip?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I want to know - can we access and use free space to store some data if new 3ds has 2GB nand chip?

I don't see why not, although it's probably about as good of an idea as storing files directly in your windows directory on a PC...

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@d0k3 if both writing permissions are locked, when you unlock sysnand writing, emunand writing also get unlocked as well, which may be unexpected behaviour ?
and likewise, if you have both permissions unlocked and decide to lock only emunand, it locks both writing permissions, unexpected behaviour ? other than that, i can't see much weird behaviour, as you said, the codebase is really stable (nearly as much as nintendo with all the stability updates).
....while typing i managed to crash the app, give me 5 minutes to find a reproductible method.

How i crashed GodMode9 : start the app from a9lh (on N3DS if relevant ?), with all keyfiles valid (if relevant?) and as soon as you are in, remove the SD card, select and enter the disk 0: (SDCARD) and in there, press X, it will crash.

(the crash was done on this commit : 2997b903e54fabf51b979c6c28519ca4e8b325ef )

Last edited by capito27,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

We can, and on most N3DS consoles that would mean a whopping additional 500MB of storage. Two problems I see with that, though... (1) you'd actually have to write to / read from SysNAND for somewhat trivial purposes and (2) that spce is not available on all systems. On many systems, the additional space is about 50MB.

@d0k3 if both writing permissions are locked, when you unlock sysnand writing, emunand writing also get unlocked as well, which may be unexpected behaviour ?
and likewise, if you have both permissions unlocked and decide to lock only emunand, it locks both writing permissions, unexpected behaviour ? other than that, i can't see much weird behaviour, as you said, the codebase is really stable (nearly as much as nintendo with all the stability updates).
....while typing i managed to crash the app, give me 5 minutes to find a reproductible method.

How i crashed GodMode9 : start the app from a9lh (on N3DS if relevant ?), with all keyfiles valid (if relevant?) and as soon as you are in, remove the SD card, select and enter the disk 0: (SDCARD) and in there, press X, it will crash.

(the crash was done on this commit : 2997b903e54fabf51b979c6c28519ca4e8b325ef )
Nope, locking/unlocking both permissions is intended. That's what the traffic light system is for (green -> only SD card, yellow -> SD card + EmuNAND, red -> SD + EmuNAND + SysNAND). Okay, now about that crash... you properly unmounted the SD card before removing it, right? Meaning: you pressed (R+B) in the root dir and only then took it out of your system?

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
We can, and on most N3DS consoles that would mean a whopping additional 500MB of storage. Two problems I see with that, though... (1) you'd actually have to write to / read from SysNAND for somewhat trivial purposes and (2) that spce is not available on all systems. On many systems, the additional space is about 50MB.

Nope, locking/unlocking both permissions is intended. That's what the traffic light system is for (green -> only SD card, yellow -> SD card + EmuNAND, red -> SD + EmuNAND + SysNAND). Okay, now about that crash... you properly unmounted the SD card before removing it, right? Meaning: you pressed (R+B) in the root dir and only then took it out of your system?
Nope, didn't unmounted it before ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"