• Replies 1,143
  • Likes 105

zdgr4ye5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why not, although it's probably about as good of an idea as storing files directly in your windows directory on a PC...
If we can store some hax payload files on new3ds directly - it will be awesome) for unbricking consoles and so on)

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it possible to open & browse a NAND backup (.bin) on SD with this? That would be a nice feature if it isn't already.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@d0k3

Can you add an option to create dummy files? import.db and title.db, for example.
I'm unsure, the control scheme is already pretty cluttered. CTRXPlorer can already create dummy files though (this has more possibilities for controls, so it fit in there well).

3xkrazy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unsure, the control scheme is already pretty cluttered. CTRXPlorer can already create dummy files though (this has more possibilities for controls, so it fit in there well).

ah, ok. I was under the assumption that you were working on porting all functions over to GodMode9 and drop CTRXPlorer later down the line.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ah, ok. I was under the assumption that you were working on porting all functions over to GodMode9 and drop CTRXPlorer later down the line.
Nope, as I wrote in the opening post:
Is this CTRXplorer v2.0?

No. While GodMode9 and CTRXplorer do have overlapping functionality, both projects are completely separate. CTRXplorer actually has additional stuff in there (like a hex editor and text viewer) that will never be in GodMode9. It also has much better compatibility and includes a functional CIA, which is not possible with this. If all you want to do is to manage the files on your SD card, I do in fact recommend you use CTRXplorer instead of GodMode9.
CTRXplorer is also in C++, and has access to libctru and citrus, which GodMode9 will never have, so I have more possibilities in CTRXplorer. Plus, I have to add, going overboard with functionality in this is dangerous as we're having access to ARM9 here, and bad things can happen if I mess up (bad things are unlikely though, me messing up is not). Dummy files are not a critical feature, and if more reasons for that will turn up later, I'll add it. In the meantime other stuff is planned for this.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does this mean CTRXplorer requires arm11 and will never be accessible under arm9 a9lh?

Thanks for the updates, as always.
Yup, exactly. CTRXplorer also is available as a CIA, while GodMode9 is not. FBI also requires ARM11, for example. And, CTRXplorer has no access to NAND.

Reactions: 3xkrazy

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am trying to see if I can directly inject SudokuHax into Nintendo DS Connections with this as I can write to the TWLN partition. it should work

Should work fine, I did that a while back with 4 Swords Anniversary as a test. If you can use Sudokuhax though, why not just install the DSi Homebrew Menu CIA that Apache Thunder made?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should work fine, I did that a while back with 4 Swords Anniversary as a test. If you can use Sudokuhax though, why not just install the DSi Homebrew Menu CIA that Apache Thunder made?

probably because I had no idea @Apache Thunder made a CIA for the DSi Homebrew Menu /Facepalm . also, doesn't that require an SD Card under 2GB?

Last edited by driverdis,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.