Homebrew [Release] GodMode9 Scripts Megathread

ChiroToB

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@8BitWonder I have a quick question. I have godmode9 v1.3.1 and there is no option to backup my sysnand under the home menu/more/scripts.

It was a fresh install on a brand new n3ds running 11.0.0-u33 and now updated to 11.5

Thanks

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@8BitWonder I have a quick question. I have godmode9 v1.3.1 and there is no option to backup my sysnand under the home menu/more/scripts.

It was a fresh install on a brand new n3ds running 11.0.0-u33 and now updated to 11.5

Thanks
You need to place the backup sysnand.gm9 script in "SD:/gm9/scripts" for it to show there.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: ChiroToB

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 9/21/2017
  • Improved Dump Citra Files Script
    • Now dumps the new files that Citra looks for from System Archives.
@Zidapi
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a code.bin script working, primarily because there are sometimes multiple .apps in a game folder, which would have resulted in sometimes trying to dump the code.bin from the manual, and other times from the game.
@annson24
I was also unable to do a H&S injection script because I frankly haven't a clue how to go about tackling it. Plus I don't have a stock 3DS on hand to test with, so sorry about that.
If anyone else is able to get these two kinds of scripts working, please let me know!

Edit: It would appear both of these scripts you've asked for are now built into GM9 1.4.0!
You just need to select the game.app and from there you can inject it into H&S or dump the .code. ;)

As always, if you ever find that there is something wrong with one of these scripts, or that it can be improved in some way, please say so!

Also if you have any simple script requests, feel free to make them here.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Would it be possible to create a script to allows the user to decompress/compress their games in order to modify them without a computer?
For example, I want to create a CIA of Fire Emblem Fates same-sex patch, I can use that script to do everything on my system instead.

Reactions: 8BitWonder

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to create a script to allows the user to decompress/compress their games in order to modify them without a computer?
For example, I want to create a CIA of Fire Emblem Fates same-sex patch, I can use that script to do everything on my system instead.
You can extract installed cias or .cia files on your SD card and copy over/overwrite the files you want, but there does not yet seem to be a way to rebuild a cia from the extracted contents. That could be a pretty handy thing to able to do, so I'll open a request on github.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can extract installed cias or .cia files on your SD card and copy over/overwrite the files you want, but there does not yet seem to be a way to rebuild a cia from the extracted contents. That could be a pretty handy thing to able to do, so I'll open a request on github.
I didn't know I could decompress CIA files, I guess there's still more to GodMode9 that I haven't discovered yet. Thanks for that information! ^_^
And thank you! This kind of script would be extremely helpful for me as a Linux user. Rebuilding CIAs on Linux is a chore and barely works for me.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way Godmode9 dumps gbavc.sav has changed.
https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage#backup_gba
This breaks the gba dump and inject scripts in the OP.
Thank you guys for all the hard work!
I had noticed that with the new update.
It seems that it's a little more involved than simply backing up and restoring agbsave.bin now.
I plan to leave those scripts there for anyone that happens to be using GM9 1.3.1 or below, but I'll include a link to the new guide and a note saying it's for older builds of GM9.

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I install with a script Boot9Strap? I want install Boot9Strap without SD by Flashcard, but SafeB9Installer haven't compatibility with Flashcard without SD in 3DS, GodMode9 yes have it.

@d0k3, is possible use GodMode9 for install Boot9Strap? Could you add compatibility SafeB9Installer with direct-installer in Flashcard? You did it with GodMode9.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I install with a script Boot9Strap? I want install Boot9Strap without SD by Flashcard, but SafeB9Installer haven't compatibility with Flashcard without SD in 3DS, GodMode9 yes have it.

@d0k3, is possible use GodMode9 for install Boot9Strap? Could you add compatibility SafeB9Installer with direct-installer in Flashcard? You did it with GodMode9.
Yes, you can install B9S with GodMode9, most of the PC-Less setup scripts do this. With GodMode9's new VRAM preloading support, you don't even need an SD card at all to install B9S and Luma3DS on a console, just the NTRBoot flashcard.

Reactions: Ingddiaz

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can install B9S with GodMode9, most of the PC-Less setup scripts do this. With GodMode9's new VRAM preloading support, you don't even need an SD card at all to install B9S and Luma3DS on a console, just the NTRBoot flashcard.

Could you add link to you post? I don't know how search that scripts PC-Less

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by DocKlokMan,
Reactions: Keizel

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I camt get the 3ds to cia script to work...its named right and in the right folder. Any other reason it might be failing? Can it not do 3DSX?

windows_server_2003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
First of all : THESE SCRIPTS ARE VERY DENGEROUS

https://github.com/QCFium/RedUnlocker

USE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS WITH THEM !!!

Be careful when you unlock the blue permission. The blue one is more dengerous than the red one !!

Simply : They unlock the red permission with only the blue one.
Please take a look at the README.md for details.

@8BitWonder
You can add them to your repository, but if you do so, PLEASE add warning to somewhere in your repo.

Edit 1/4:
Sorry, it doesn't support 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 now because I broke my 2ds and can't find the write_permission address.
DONT use ones for old versions on 1.5.0 or 1.5.1!!!
Wait a few days, it supports them soon.

Last edited by windows_server_2003,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: i almost destoryed my friends tv playing it on his wii lmao