Homebrew Official [release] Homebrew App Store (for WiiU)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should such an app exist , just what apps would people care for ??
Well nintendont allowing people to play gamecube backups with the gamepad, still gets updates. Genesis plus gx got update for gamepad support, wiisxr and mupen 64 both updated with better performance and compatibility. Honestly i was just thinking about others. I noticed a guide here that explains how to use wii homebrew with the gamepad, apparently they are adding that feature, not to mention a performance boost that makes use of wii u hardware to work better. Just some ideas, could always have a poll. It seems obvious people still care about vwii homebrew, why else would people still develop homebrew on it or improve the homebrew that exist? :)

mattlandry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys. I've been having an issue I can't find info about anywhere. No matter what I do, when I download from the app store 1.5, nothing ever actually installs. It shows it downloading then it refreshes and nothing has changed. When I check the SD card there is just an empty folder for the apps I attempted to download. Has anyone ever heard of this? Would be super helpful. Thanks!

mattlandry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nah It's 64GB with 50GB free. I formatted it in guiformat as FAT32. I tried with 64K and 32K clusters but both had the same issue. When I get home later I'm gonna try and format with a different tool and see if maybe it will resolve any possible corruption issues.

vgmoose

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess this is dead? app keeps crashing for me
Not dead :P You could say the next version is in a bit of development hell and the rise of the shinier switch homebrew app store hasn't helped it much.

You're crashing with the porkchop error message? Does holding L/R while it starts fix anything (wipes cache)? And then the next thing to check would be if you renaming sd:/wiiu/apps prevents the crash. If it does, then it may be an installed app that's causing an issue.

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there emulators that work with the Gamecube controller adapter? Aside from Nintendont, of course. I'm able to virtually map GC controllers and emulate a Wii U pro controller via haxchi, but aside from Wii U games, it doesn't translate (not the right term, I know) to any other emulators (ie, genesis plus, snesx, or even vwii). Is there a trick to get it working? Or am I trying to do something that is currently not achievable?

Thanks, in advance.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Are there emulators that work with the Gamecube controller adapter? Aside from Nintendont, of course. I'm able to virtually map GC controllers and emulate a Wii U pro controller via haxchi, but aside from Wii U games, it doesn't translate (not the right term, I know) to any other emulators (ie, genesis plus, snesx, or even vwii). Is there a trick to get it working? Or am I trying to do something that is currently not achievable?

Thanks, in advance.

I believe hid to vPad allows you to use the Gamecube adapter, as well as other controllers like DS3 and DS4, in any Wii U application. It does need to be rerun anytime you boot the console.

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe hid to vPad allows you to use the Gamecube adapter, as well as other controllers like DS3 and DS4, in any Wii U application. It does need to be rerun anytime you boot the console.

Yes! That's exactly what I use to map GC controllers - HID to vPad. It works great for Wii U games (and Wii U virtual console games). But, it doesn't translate over to emulators. I'm guessing it's because the emulators are just forwarders to emus in vWii. I don't know.

pdiddy007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're crashing with the porkchop error message? Does holding L/R while it starts fix anything (wipes cache)? And then the next thing to check would be if you renaming sd:/wiiu/apps prevents the crash. If it does, then it may be an installed app that's causing an issue.

I am having this EXACT issue. Crashing with the pork chop message. I have cleared the cache with no effect - still crashes. What else can i do?

mattlandry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If anybody is wondering (Probably not), my issue was caused by a defective SD card. I had 2 cheap ones which all worked fantastically for soft modding half a dozen other consoles but the Wii U doesn't seem to like them. Bought a legit Sandisk SD card that other people were using and it's worked great ever since!

Reactions: texmcc

vgmoose

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm happy to announce that through no small effort, and a lot of work from @QuarkTheAwesome @rw-r-r_0644 @crc32 @pwsincd and @CompuCat , hb-appstore 2.1 is ready for release!

Download: https://github.com/vgmoose/hb-appstore/releases/tag/2.1

What's really amazing about this release is both the Switch and Wii U apps have been brought up to speed with each other, and are running off the same codebase! This means that the Wii U repository is now based off libget and has a majority of the functionality of the Switch app.

Changelog:

Switch:
  • new theme category + allow theme installation
  • NRO launching after installation
  • uses GPU to render (smoother)
Both:
  • faster downloads
  • can actually exit with minus button
  • misc category added
Wii U:
  • synced with switch codebase! Now using SDL2
  • can search now!
  • can control without touch screen
  • can scroll and read more details about packages (size, changelog, etc)
  • can install files anywhere on SD (Retroarch, haxchi, etc updated)
  • sort apps, smoother scrolling, and other quality of life things from syncing with Switch

As always, visit our website for more info: https://fortheusers.org
Or join our discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/F2PKpEj

The PC build has also started migrating to Buck + Buckaroo for building and dependency management. It is my long term goal to use the same Buck configuration to lock in dependencies and compile across all platforms! This should prevent situations where the underlying libraries (such as specific libpng, SDL, or devkitPPC/devkitA64 installs) are updated and no longer available, breaking the build for future users. Here's an article with more info on this approach.

psd-2.png

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just want to say the new update is awesome. Just saw it on my Wii U since I don't hack my switch yet.

Also, I want to report that the Loadiine update in the app store can't be booted. I have to manually download again the Loadiine nightly that have not been updated in a long time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    die?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes I'm in mortal danger
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes I'm in mortal danger