Hacking [ORIGINAL] Injectiine - Wii U Virtual Console Injector

GriiBleez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Sorry for the hang. My rom name is SM64 Last Impact (widescreen) V1.1.z64, I am converting for n64, I mad the png myself, I did the naming correct, but when I try using NUSPacker, gives me some code and then BAM! If I don't use NUSPacker, does the same thing: closes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is the code that appears in one second after prompting me to pack via NUSPacker. Urrrgh.

Attachments

• problem.PNG
    problem.PNG
    27.4 KB · Views: 621

GriiBleez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
well I see the problem is with the rom. When I try mario party, it injects no problem, but when I try SM64 Last Impact, it straight out crashes. May be a memory issue?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Aha! I know where the issue is!!! Injectiine has some limitations with the disk space. My game is 64 mb (yea you heard it right) and a regular sm64 is 24 mb. Sooo, the problem may be the rom size. It wold be cool if wold put that in the app readme.

XularusXIII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, the compatibility list says to inject Paper Mario (US) into Donkey Kong 64 (US), but Injectiine only offers to let me use Excitebike 64 (US). I chose Excitebike 64 (US) and chose to use "base config .ini". I get the output files and proceed to install via WUP Installer GX2. It does so, and I load up the game. I skip the opening and enter the file select screen, and choose file 1. I enter "Mario" as the name, and upon confirming, the game freezes and lets out a continuous whine. I have to hold the power button to turn the system off. Did I choose a wrong option? The only one that confuses me is the .ini selection. I don't know which one to choose. I can provide visual aid to the explanation, if needed or desired.

Is there any way for me to simply create the appropriate .ini?

Last edited by XularusXIII,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Okay, so, the compatibility list says to inject Paper Mario (US) into Donkey Kong 64 (US), but Injectiine only offers to let me use Excitebike 64 (US). I chose Excitebike 64 (US) and chose to use "base config .ini". I get the output files and proceed to install via WUP Installer GX2. It does so, and I load up the game. I skip the opening and enter the file select screen, and choose file 1. I enter "Mario" as the name, and upon confirming, the game freezes and lets out a continuous whine. I have to hold the power button to turn the system off. Did I choose a wrong option? The only one that confuses me is the .ini selection. I don't know which one to choose. I can provide visual aid to the explanation, if needed or desired.
For now, you will need to use "Base supplied from Files". Make sure you have your base folder containing the code, content and meta in the same directory as your ROM and your images.
A new version will be out soon with options for some new bases.

Reactions: XularusXIII

XularusXIII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now, you will need to use "Base supplied from Files". Make sure you have your base folder containing the code, content and meta in the same directory as your ROM and your images.
A new version will be out soon with options for some new bases.
Oh, so I have left some files out, then? What all files would I need? Are there any picture examples or lists? I would need to know what folders to have, and what files go in what folders. Also, that was quite swift!

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Oh, so I have left some files out, then? What all files would I need? Are there any picture examples or lists? I would need to know what folders to have, and what files go in what folders. Also, that was quite swift!
Which files do you think you left out? I think the original meta.xml, app.xml, bootTvTex, bootDrcTex or iconTex files aren't necessarily required and that Injectiine generates those files from what you already have defined.

XularusXIII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which files do you think you left out? I think the original meta.xml, app.xml, bootTvTex, bootDrcTex or iconTex files aren't necessarily required and that Injectiine generates those files from what you already have defined.
Oh, I meant what files are all considered "Base" files? I don't really know anything about the base files. I have the .z64, bootTvTex, bootDrcTex, and iconTex files.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Oh, I meant what files are all considered "Base" files? I don't really know anything about the base files. I have the .z64, bootTvTex, bootDrcTex, and iconTex files.
If you can't download a base and you have a decrypted one on your hands, then Injectiine will inject your ROM and other files into the decrypted base as long as you specify it.
If you're missing like any files in your "content" folder, then your game probably won't work properly. As for any missing "code" files, that shouldn't be a problem unless you are packing your game into NUSPacker format.

purrell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's better, Injection or Nintendont + Forwarders? Is it effectively the same?

I was using WiiU USB Helper for GC and Wii injections, but this is the first time I've considered injecting into VC for NES and SNES games. I'd like to install a few old NES games though. I didn't even find a compatibility list for NES so maybe people aren't even bothering to inject for NES if it's just as easy to use Nintendont. I guess I'm not clear what the difference is, is it just a wider range of controller support?

I started considering injection again after experimenting with the NSUI injection tool on the 3DS, because I got the impression injection had better performance because it was hardware-based rather than emulation (software-based). Does the same principle apply to the Wii U methods? Also like having icons directly on the main menu.

Last edited by purrell,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
What's better, Injection or Nintendont + Forwarders? Is it effectively the same?

I was using WiiU USB Helper for GC and Wii injections, but this is the first time I've considered injecting into VC for NES and SNES games. I'd like to install a few old NES games though. I didn't even find a compatibility list for NES so maybe people aren't even bothering to inject for NES if it's just as easy to use Nintendont. I guess I'm not clear what the difference is, is it just a wider range of controller support?

I started considering injection again after experimenting with the NSUI injection tool on the 3DS, because I got the impression injection had better performance because it was hardware-based rather than emulation (software-based). Does the same principle apply to the Wii U methods? Also like having icons directly on the main menu.
You mentioned you couldn't find a compatibility list for NES, right? Well, I have one already.
Also, what do you mean by Nintendont + Forwarders? Do you mean forwarders for emulators such as FCEUGX, SNES9xGX, etc.?

purrell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably confused. I think I'm using Nintendont for my Gamecube games, but rather than go into the Nintendont App and load/run it from there, I have an icon on my Wii U launch screen that goes directly into the game (pretty sure it still uses Nintendont to process it though, I don't really know. (It was prepared for me using Wii U USB Helper)...I think it's the same for my Wii games also.

Oh, thanks for creating that NES compatibility list, I seem to have missed it.

Last edited by purrell,

XularusXIII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't download a base and you have a decrypted one on your hands, then Injectiine will inject your ROM and other files into the decrypted base as long as you specify it.
If you're missing like any files in your "content" folder, then your game probably won't work properly. As for any missing "code" files, that shouldn't be a problem unless you are packing your game into NUSPacker format.
What are "decrypted base files" or even just "base files"? Are we talking a VC game? So like if I was injecting into DK64, the base files would be DK64 on the Wii U VC? I'm assuming there's no legit way to obtain these base files except buying them on the eShop? And how would one decrypt them?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
What are "decrypted base files" or even just "base files"? Are we talking a VC game? So like if I was injecting into DK64, the base files would be DK64 on the Wii U VC? I'm assuming there's no legit way to obtain these base files except buying them on the eShop? And how would one decrypt them?
Decrypted bases are like those folders with the code, content and meta stuff. You can dump them using DDD or FTPiiU Everywhere, and they aren't packed in NUSPacker format and encrypted using the Common Key and title key, hence "decrypted".

@purrell By the way, I didn't create that list, I just found it alongside a few other compatibility lists already made.

Last edited by CatmanFan,

XularusXIII

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decrypted bases are like those folders with the code, content and meta stuff. You can dump them using DDD or FTPiiU Everywhere, and they aren't packed in NUSPacker format and encrypted using the Common Key and title key, hence "decrypted".

@purrell By the way, I didn't create that list, I just found it alongside a few other compatibility lists already made.
Ah, okay. Another question. If the compatibility list says to use, let's just say, Donkey Kong 64 (US), as a base, and says the .ini to use is the one "By Nintendo", does that mean I use the .ini of the base (DK64), or the .ini of the game I'm injecting (Paper Mario [US])? Also, when it asks me to "enter a custom INI/ROM name, or copy the one used by your base", how do I find out the one used by my base? Can I just type "base" or "copy" and it will copy it for me? Lastly, why can't we just use the same game as the base that we're injcting? So again, let's use Paper Mario as an example; why can't I inject Paper Mario 64 (US) into Paper Mario 64 (US)?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Ah, okay. Another question. If the compatibility list says to use, let's just say, Donkey Kong 64 (US), as a base, and says the .ini to use is the one "By Nintendo", does that mean I use the .ini of the base (DK64), or the .ini of the game I'm injecting (Paper Mario [US])? Also, when it asks me to "enter a custom INI/ROM name, or copy the one used by your base", how do I find out the one used by my base? Can I just type "base" or "copy" and it will copy it for me? Lastly, why can't we just use the same game as the base that we're injcting? So again, let's use Paper Mario as an example; why can't I inject Paper Mario 64 (US) into Paper Mario 64 (US)?
Allow me to explain, please.
First, when the list says the .ini to use is "By Nintendo", it means the one of the game you're injecting.
Second, you can find the INI/ROM name used by your base by looking in the ROM folder inside your base/content directory. For example, the name used by DK64 [EU] is Undop0.599, and the one used by SM64 [US] is Unsme0.005. You can also use an entirely different or custom one, if you want: e.g. Unpae0.741, UNWTE0.001, etc.

Murphy_Caleb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I type in the console number and press enter the cmd force closes. I have everything required in the files folder. A rom and the boottvtex and icontex in the files folder.

VVizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I was wondering if it would be possible to emulate the Multitap for SNES (in other words, making a game compatible with at least 4 players).

And another thing, I tried injecting Fire Emblem the Binding Blade (GBA) and Metal Warriors (SNES) and they installed fine on the Wii U, but when I try to launch then, it just boots into a black screen, although the home button still works fine, does anyone know what could be the problem? I really want to install these (and some other) games

Last edited by VVizard,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended