Hacking [ORIGINAL] Injectiine - Wii U Virtual Console Injector

Murphy_Caleb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to Inject Banjo Kazooie...the compatibility list says it works with DK64 USA which is not in the injector so i used JNUStool to get the base and put the base folder in the files folder along with the banjo rom and all the image files needed. It keeps repeating the window "How many lines does your game name use" I select 1 and type Banjo Kazooie but it just brings up the same window. Any thoughts on how to fix this or thoughts on what ive done wrong?

Reactions: CatmanFan

Murphy_Caleb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to Inject Banjo Kazooie...the compatibility list says it works with DK64 USA which is not in the injector so i used JNUStool to get the base and put the base folder in the files folder along with the banjo rom and all the image files needed. It keeps repeating the window "How many lines does your game name use" I select 1 and type Banjo Kazooie but it just brings up the same window. Any thoughts on how to fix this or thoughts on what ive done wrong?
I had recently changed the environmental path variable and it cause Injectiine not to work. I reset the path and re-installed Java and it now works

MO35AB

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
i followed everything, tried mario kart 64.v64.
installed, when launched i got:

error code : 157-1101
could not start the software

DarkKnightPT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I was wondering if it would be possible to emulate the Multitap for SNES (in other words, making a game compatible with at least 4 players).

And another thing, I tried injecting Fire Emblem the Binding Blade (GBA) and Metal Warriors (SNES) and they installed fine on the Wii U, but when I try to launch then, it just boots into a black screen, although the home button still works fine, does anyone know what could be the problem? I really want to install these (and some other) games

I also have same problem with gba injects i can create them but when i launch them it only give's me black screen, i've tryied F-Zero Maximum Velocity and Pokemon Emerald with the base roms described on the compatibility gba vc list.. i used automatic game id generation, do i have to use costum one instead..? could that be the problem?

DarkKnightPT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yay i found my problem solution i was using old version of python and i didnt install gba_inject, for those who are trying to inject gba games just do this first before using this tool
1st - install 32bit version of Python 3.5
2nd- download last version of gba_inject from :
https://github.com/Hking0036/inject_gba-nogui , clone it .zip file and extract it to Desktop
3rd - open windows command prompt (cmd) and type cd Desktop/inject_gba-nogui-master, press enter, after that type setup.py install , and it should install sucessfully
Now you can use the inject script normally it should work without any issues, i've just injected F-Zero MAximum Velocity and it works great :D i hope this help you guys.

By the way if you're gonna inject pokemon rom hacks you need to hexedit the rom for saving suppot just like on 3ds gba vc you can check here how to:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fixes-for-all-gba-pokemons-save-issue-with-agb_firm.390508/

Good day guys ;)

Last edited by DarkKnightPT, , Reason: additional info about pokemon romhacks injection to wii u gba vc

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, I finally got the time to fiddle around with this program, and I got Mario Party 1 injected into Mario Party 2 and it works like a charm. Thanks for that ^^
Now I want to inject Mario Party 3 into Mario Party 2, but when I install it and start it up, past the bootscreen it is just a black screen..
Now I saw that you have to change the header inside the ROM of 3 and I thought I did, but still same problem. I don't really know how hex editing works, but I thought that the change in de name should do it in offset 00000020. But yeah, that doesn't work. So my question is, what do I need to change to change that ROM header?
Thanks in advance :)

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
So, I finally got the time to fiddle around with this program, and I got Mario Party 1 injected into Mario Party 2 and it works like a charm. Thanks for that ^^
Now I want to inject Mario Party 3 into Mario Party 2, but when I install it and start it up, past the bootscreen it is just a black screen..
Now I saw that you have to change the header inside the ROM of 3 and I thought I did, but still same problem. I don't really know how hex editing works, but I thought that the change in de name should do it in offset 00000020. But yeah, that doesn't work. So my question is, what do I need to change to change that ROM header?
Thanks in advance :)
You have to change your MP3 ROM's 4-digit title ID in the ASCII section of your hex editor (e.g. NMPE) to the one for Mario Party 2.
Mario Party 2 (US): NMWE
Mario Party 3 (US): NMVE
If your ROM is PAL, then the E is instead a "P", hence NMWP and NMVP.
Otherwise, you're welcome.

Reactions: PascalLeroi

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have to change your MP3 ROM's 4-digit title ID in the ASCII section of your hex editor (e.g. NMPE) to the one for Mario Party 2.
Mario Party 2 (US): NMWE
Mario Party 3 (US): NMVE
If your ROM is PAL, then the E is instead a "P", hence NMWP and NMVP.
Otherwise, you're welcome.
Thanks! That was helpfull, but unfortunately I still get a black screen, I can go to the home menu or the VC menu, but the rest is just a black screen :/
I just checked, the ROM works correctly in Project64, even after the changed header. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong, as with Mario Party 1 it just worked without even needing to change the header.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Thanks! That was helpfull, but unfortunately I still get a black screen, I can go to the home menu or the VC menu, but the rest is just a black screen :/
I just checked, the ROM works correctly in Project64, even after the changed header. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong, as with Mario Party 1 it just worked without even needing to change the header.
As quoted here:
"open mp3 ntsc rom and change the header to match mp2 header, then open mario party 2 ini by nintendo and change backup type to 0 and backupsize to 2048, runs perfect."
You need to have the Mario Party 3 (PAL) base, though.

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As quoted here:
"open mp3 ntsc rom and change the header to match mp2 header, then open mario party 2 ini by nintendo and change backup type to 0 and backupsize to 2048, runs perfect."
You need to have the Mario Party 3 (PAL) base, though.
Yeah and for Mario Party 1 it says: "open mp ntsc rom and change the header to match mp2 header, runs perfect. Some are experiencing excessively annoying graphical glitches. It's technically playable but when shadows are flickering every time you hit a block or the UI is flickering at the start of every turn it ruins the experience" Which I didn't have to do for some reason, and it does work perfectly. What I don't get is the base you mention. I thought you could only get a VC base for a game that actually came out on VC, so in this case Mario Party 2, which I got. I also changed the settings in the .ini ;) The Mario Party 3 ROM is ripped from my N64 gamecard with Retrode, I shouldn't need any more bases, right? I'll try it again tomorrow, anyway thanks for your help and for your awesome injector, it works great ^^ There must be something that I'm missing (which is almost always the case :P)

fixx1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm trying your tool.
It works great with NES games, but with SNES ones It doesn't.

It downloads all of the stuffs from the nus, then it suddenly closes. I can't read what kind of error It provides because it's too fast.

It deletes ANYTHING inside the FILES folder, and I can find some of the downloaded files here and there.

But the OUTPUT folder is empty.

Python and Java are already updated.

Last edited by fixx1983,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multitap is not supported with VC games, sorry.
Really? There is 4 player games on eshop that if played on real snes, would require multitap. Natsume championship wrestling and Vegas steaks are just two examples, considered looking into that? :unsure:
So I was wondering if it would be possible to emulate the Multitap for SNES (in other words, making a game compatible with at least 4 players).

And another thing, I tried injecting Fire Emblem the Binding Blade (GBA) and Metal Warriors (SNES) and they installed fine on the Wii U, but when I try to launch then, it just boots into a black screen, although the home button still works fine, does anyone know what could be the problem? I really want to install these (and some other) games
You can use retroarch emulators as alternative solutions for multitap and roms that don't work with Virtual console injection. Because not all games are supported with Virtual console, not all games will work. You better off using a emulator like retroarch. If you don't want to use retroarch, go to the wii mode (V WII) and install snes9x and use it. (Doesn't support gamepad currently but is second best than nothing)

Reactions: VVizard

JHoliness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having issues getting this to find my custom .ini file for N64 injects. I have it placed inside the 'Files' folder and I select option (8) when asked which .ini file I want to use. But then when I continue after the message about making sure the .ini file is in the correct folder; it fails to generate the .xml files with the error: 'The system cannot find the path specified.'

Does it need to be named something specific?

Also I should mention that when not using a custom .ini file, (choosing option (4) for example) eveything works great.

EDIT: I checked the batch file and it's just supposed to check for any file with the .ini extension (*.ini) but that's clearly not working for some reason.

Last edited by JHoliness,

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm having issues getting this to find my custom .ini file for N64 injects. I have it placed inside the 'Files' folder and I select option (8) when asked which .ini file I want to use. But then when I continue after the message about making sure the .ini file is in the correct folder; it fails to generate the .xml files with the error: 'The system cannot find the path specified.'

Does it need to be named something specific?

Also I should mention that when not using a custom .ini file, (choosing option (4) for example) eveything works great.

EDIT: I checked the batch file and it's just supposed to check for any file with the .ini extension (*.ini) but that's clearly not working for some reason.
for me it worked after I put it in the base with the other inis and chose 7 ;) (I don't know if you did a custom base, but if you did, then that is the way to go ^^)

Reactions: JHoliness

JHoliness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
for me it worked after I put it in the base with the other inis and chose 7 ;) (I don't know if you did a custom base, but if you did, then that is the way to go ^^)
Yeah in the end I just replaced it manually, but it definitely doesn't seem to work as intended.

Also, did you manage to get your Mario Party 3 inject working? I injected it into DK64 successfully recently, so I may be able to help if you haven't.

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah in the end I just replaced it manually, but it definitely doesn't seem to work as intended.

Also, did you manage to get your Mario Party 3 inject working? I injected it into DK64 successfully recently, so I may be able to help if you haven't.
Haven't got the time to rty it again ;)
So it's working 100% without glithes? After trying it again and it doesn't work, I'll pm you to see if you can help me :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)