xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, I don't recommend using this for development though, it's mostly for releasing games as CIA's
It's an unstable version, fresh off the presses from the git repo so things might not work, if you find something broken make sure to tell me.
You can grab it from here, the romfs is empty.

okay, tried it now.
Copied the files from inside of "LovePotion-1.0.8-beta\game" into the romfs.
Got the error "Could not initialize audio".
Tried the Undertale Lua Demo and got an error with "newFont". Not sure what it was.

VideahGams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
videah.xyz
XP
Country

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Audio is still supported, but LövePotion will only load valid PCM .wav's now
I thought .ogg support was added in the master build? Unless you mean that only valid PCM .wavs work and not other .wav files. Also, is my LOVE project working for you? I'll try that build you just posted when I get home.

VideahGams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
videah.xyz
XP
Country
I thought .ogg support was added in the master build? Unless you mean that only valid PCM .wavs work and not other .wav files. Also, is my LOVE project working for you? I'll try that build you just posted when I get home.

Yeah, .ogg's are supported, just not other .wav's
Your project won't load for me because it runs out of linear memory, which I will have to add audio streaming to fix

Reactions: XavyrrVaati

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As in, you don't load any audio? Can you link that version?
Alright, I compiled the latest off of github, and it gives me the Supertoast-nogame screen (using .3dsx). So I went back to build that Picroxx uses, that one gives me linear memory errors with music/sound. I commented every reference to any audio, and it it crashes (Also pressing buttons? All booleans are evaluated wrong or something, since it skips the intro which requires A pressed). I'm also including the original version, which works, every version has identical game files minus the muted once which every audio related line is commented. I'm running an O3DS via Menuhax.
Zip containing all of the builds: https://goo.gl/kDpJLd

Last edited by XavyrrVaati,

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should point out, that when I disable music AND all code related to input, the it plays 'properly'. When I add a debug line to print if A is pressed, it flickers rapidly (meaning it cycles true/false). Therefore when the input code is enabled, it skips the intro because of A press, then potentially escapes back to the intro because B press does that. Or it jumps to the first menu screen because of A and then backs out immediately, resulting in the flickering that occurs with the menu screen... This is with a recent, but not most recent build that Picroxx uses. Building the most recent as of last night resulted in the game files being ignored and displaying the no game screen with supertoast. As for the linear memory thing, it might not be the problem, at least for me, since the exact same code runs fine on the last release of LovePotion, and all of my audio isn't loaded at once, it's loaded on the screen change. It throws allocation errors when I try to load too many/too big audio files.

Example, use the working LOVE build with old LovePotion, select core from the main menu and press A and it will throw an allocation error because the core bgm wav takes up too much space with the intro sound and the menu music already loaded. The latest build apparently has a source remove command, which I assumed would solve my problem, since I could 'unload' an audio source and then re load when necessary, but it has issues with other stuff.

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I should point out, that when I disable music AND all code related to input, the it plays 'properly'. When I add a debug line to print if A is pressed, it flickers rapidly (meaning it cycles true/false). Therefore when the input code is enabled, it skips the intro because of A press, then potentially escapes back to the intro because B press does that. Or it jumps to the first menu screen because of A and then backs out immediately, resulting in the flickering that occurs with the menu screen... This is with a recent, but not most recent build that Picroxx uses. Building the most recent as of last night resulted in the game files being ignored and displaying the no game screen with supertoast. As for the linear memory thing, it might not be the problem, at least for me, since the exact same code runs fine on the last release of LovePotion, and all of my audio isn't loaded at once, it's loaded on the screen change. It throws allocation errors when I try to load too many/too big audio files.

Example, use the working LOVE build with old LovePotion, select core from the main menu and press A and it will throw an allocation error because the core bgm wav takes up too much space with the intro sound and the menu music already loaded. The latest build apparently has a source remove command, which I assumed would solve my problem, since I could 'unload' an audio source and then re load when necessary, but it has issues with other stuff.
Umm, it may seem like a noobish question, but I really don't know how to do this. You've said that you will continue the development of Undertale port for 3DS called LOVE. So I have downloaded it, i have created a folder in my 3ds folder and called it LovePotion, and then I have copied the files to the /3ds/LovePotion folder. When I launch lovepotion on my Homebrew Launcher it just displays supertoast. How can I play LOVE?

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm, it may seem like a noobish question, but I really don't know how to do this. You've said that you will continue the development of Undertale port for 3DS called LOVE. So I have downloaded it, i have created a folder in my 3ds folder and called it LovePotion, and then I have copied the files to the /3ds/LovePotion folder. When I launch lovepotion on my Homebrew Launcher it just displays supertoast. How can I play LOVE?
Not really relevant to the thread, so feel free to just PM me/comment on my profile until I decide to make a thread for LOVE. Anyways, have stated a several times that LOVE isn't an Undertale port. It's going to be an interactive visual homebrew. As of current, you can't 'play' LOVE. It's not really a game. If you want to see what it does, you can go to my profile where I have posted a couple working builds. There isn't too much to look at yet. I'm currently trying to find out what's up with my latest build of LP, so I can include more music.

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is this still being updated? Started learning Lua/Love for PC today, and once I know the basics I wanna start on 3DS, so this would be very useful.

NichyXD

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When I can, busy with IRL stuff right now, but the project isn't dead :P

Hi :) I'm very interested in this project. I've compiled LovePotion and it works flawless in *hax 2.7. Now i want to do some serious work... It needs more documentation :) Keep up the good work.

Last edited by NichyXD,

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi :) I'm very interested in this project. I've compiled LovePotion and it works flawless in *hax 2.7. Now i want to do some serious work... It needs more documentation :) Keep up the good work.
You can check out my project, though my coding style might be hard to read. See my signature.

Reactions: NichyXD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix they made was, has never been pushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical support regarding their console family.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical...