Homebrew [Release] - LövePotion - LÖVE API for 3DS Homebrew - BETA

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As expected, almost none of those shaders can be ported. Even if you implemented shader LOVE support, the 3DS doesn't support pixel/frag shaders, only vertex and geometry shaders. The rest of it wouldn't be very hard, but would look terrible without shaders.

The shaders used in Mari0 are just extras, by default I believe there is no shaders turned on. I might be wrong about this but that's what it looks like based on the options inside the game.

VideahGams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
videah.xyz
XP
Country
Hey, there's been a couple of changes since the last post here, so I thought I would bump the thread with them.
The changes include:

Proper Error Handling
When a Lua error occurs, LövePotion no longer crashes! Instead you will get a blue error screen telling you what went wrong.
The error handler can be overwritten, by replacing the love.errhand(msg) callback.

Example Code/No Game Screen
Now included is no game screen, which acts as an example on how to do things.

Various Small Things
  • love.mouse.isDown()
  • love.mouse.getX()
  • love.mouse.getY()
  • love.mouse.getPosition()
  • love.graphics.printf()
  • love.graphics.translate()
and more that I've forgotten.

I am also working currently working on love.audio, but I'm having trouble implementing it, so it will hopefully be in the next release or 2.

Also, my friend ported his Hackathon game to 3DS using LövePotion, which you can check out here.

You can download the latest release of LövePotion here.

Reactions: SLiV3R and TheCruel

keanutah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Proper Error Handling
When a Lua error occurs, LövePotion no longer crashes! Instead you will get a blue error screen telling you what went wrong.
The error handler can be overwritten, by replacing the love.errhand(msg) callback.

Awww yeah. Sweet release!

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is AWESOME!
The shaders used in Mari0 are just extras, by default I believe there is no shaders turned on. I might be wrong about this but that's what it looks like based on the options inside the game.

Pretty sure this guy is right, I had a crappy computer and it ran fine until I tried to turn shaders on then I could hardly get it to run at all... so yeah

but would look terrible without shaders.

not sure how pixel art would look bad without shaders :unsure:

Last edited by dark_samus3,

joshjosh100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying to build this since yesterday, and it says " ft2build.h: no such file or directory
#include <ft2build.h>
^
compilation terminated.
make[3]: *** [sftd.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [build] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/joshjosh100/Desktop/rit_lua_player_fighting
_game/lpp-3ds-master/LovePotion-master/LovePotion-master/source/libs/libsftd'
make[1]: *** [build-sftdlib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/joshjosh100/Desktop/rit_lua_player_fighting
_game/lpp-3ds-master/LovePotion-master/LovePotion-master'
make: *** [build-all] Error 2

some reason I can't compile it, and im guessing I would need "ft2build.h" in my libctru include folder for it to compile...... any help

VideahGams

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
videah.xyz
XP
Country
So I've been trying to build this since yesterday, and it says " ft2build.h: no such file or directory
#include <ft2build.h>
^
compilation terminated.
make[3]: *** [sftd.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [build] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/joshjosh100/Desktop/rit_lua_player_fighting
_game/lpp-3ds-master/LovePotion-master/LovePotion-master/source/libs/libsftd'
make[1]: *** [build-sftdlib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Users/joshjosh100/Desktop/rit_lua_player_fighting
_game/lpp-3ds-master/LovePotion-master/LovePotion-master'
make: *** [build-all] Error 2

some reason I can't compile it, and im guessing I would need "ft2build.h" in my libctru include folder for it to compile...... any help

Do you have the portlibs installed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol