Homebrew [Release] OnionFS for NTR CFW - LayeredFS plugin fork that works with any game.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
For confirmation. I can just FTP the contents for the extracted romfs folder or do I need the extractedromfs folder

i.e.
SD:/OnionFS/<titleID>/extractedromfs/contents

or
SD:/OnionFS/<titleID>/contents

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Answered my own question haha. This doesn't support The Binding of Isaac rebirth currently. No matter how small or large the mod the game will get stuck on a white screen
For example, romfs:/test.szs goes to SD:/OnionFS/<titleID>/test.szs
Maybe it doesn't work because it uses the new3ds l2 cache and cpu speed.

D

Deleted User

For example, romfs:/test.szs goes to SD:/OnionFS/<titleID>/test.szs
Maybe it doesn't work because it uses the new3ds l2 cache and cpu speed.
I did some more testing. It works and it doesn't. It bugs the intro but if you let it play through(even tho its a white screen) you will eventually get to the game.

An odd bug but it works i guess lol.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just tested this with Terraria, doesn't seem to work. I've placed all of the files in the correct place, even double checked to make sure, but once I load up NTR and open Terraria, it gets stuck at the infinitely looping Nintendo 3DS logo.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just tested this with Terraria, doesn't seem to work. I've placed all of the files in the correct place, even double checked to make sure, but once I load up NTR and open Terraria, it gets stuck at the infinitely looping Nintendo 3DS logo.
Try using normal layeredfs. It that doesn't work then nothing can be done about it, sorry :(

Reactions: Lycan911
D

Deleted User

Sorry to kinda necro a thread but I'm having issues with using this in Resident Evil Revelations. None of my changes seem to apply, even after trying so many times.

D

Deleted User

Attachments

• ss (2017-01-13 at 02.25.38).png
    ss (2017-01-13 at 02.25.38).png
    2.9 KB · Views: 279

saburou

Trophies
XP
Country
I have to make a romfs. So, this is not ideal for frequent rom hacking.
But, Good job! I'm going to use this.
Thank you.

You should make a modified romfs, right?

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have to make a romfs. So, this is not ideal for frequent rom hacking.
But, Good job! I'm going to use this.
Thank you.

You should make a modified romfs, right?
No you don't. It doesn't work like hans, but like layeredfs/saltysd. Only modified files need to be placed in the right directory.

D

Deleted User

No you don't. It doesn't work like hans, but like layeredfs/saltysd. Only modified files need to be placed in the right directory.
The HANS route didn't seem to work either, maybe I forgot to use the hex editor after I finished building the romfs.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The HANS route didn't seem to work either, maybe I forgot to use the hex editor after I finished building
Did read the installing section in the op? :P
It redirects romfs files to SD, so if the game wants to load romfs:/common.szs it will do SD:/OnionFS/<titleid>/Common.szs
You only need to place there the files you modified, not the full extracted romfs.

Last edited by PabloMK7,
D

Deleted User

Did read the installing section in the op? :P
It redirects romfs files to SD, so if the game wants to load romfs:/common.szs it will do SD:/OnionFS/<titleid>/Common.szs
You only need to place there the files you modified, not the full extracted romfs.
I spent all day trying to get OnionFS to load the modded files from the SD with no luck, HANS was more of a last ditch attempt to see if Revelations can even support model swapping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1