Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nice!
The new update's been working wonderful so far! :D

Just one question @bubble2k16:
I noticed that I am getting two configuration files.
One called picodrive3ds in the root of my SD card, and another which seems to be game specific if I change some stuff.
What is the difference between the two?

In case they do the same, can we get an option in the menu to disable .cfg per-game and only use the main one at root?

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

garco

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I'm releasing a quick beta 3dsx version for anyone who wishes to test.

You can download from below.

Edit: Clicked "Post" too quickly. Forgot to add the change log:

v0.92b
- Support for Mega CD. You can actually play Sonic CD on O3DS (but setting frameskip to 1 to 2). It's choppy due to the skipped frames, but playable if you can tolerate that.
- Very minor optimizations and bug fixes for YM2612 FM emulation
- Now saves SRAM
- Sound generation lag resolved (but I'll need someone to tell me if it really sounds better)
- Default frame rate for multi-region games to 60FPS
- Added option to force frame rate to 60/50 FPS
- Fixed screen stretch for H32/H40 games.
- Added more screen stretch options for PAL aspect ratio.
- 6 button support
- And some minor stuff here and there that I forgot. :)

I'll wait che Cia file

Last edited by garco,

AxelGear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks bubble2k16 for your amazing work, all your ports are incredible. Now, Sonic CD works flawlessly on New 3DS, no hicups anymore. :P

However, I noted something: Your port doesn't have (yet) an option to change the controller from 3 button to 6 buton and vice versa. This is important, because some genesis games has problems with 6 button controller. Tested Ms Pacman and the directional was strange, sometimes up/down works, sometimes not. In Picodrive from Retroarch, this behaviour is not present with 3 button controller set, but is present if the option is set to 6 button.

A topic on Sega-16 discuss this http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?6890-6-button-controller-incompatibility
Another one: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showth...s-giving-you-GAME-OVER-immediately-Fix-inside

Games probably affected:
  • Ms. Pac Man
  • Beast Wrestler
  • Sunset Riders
  • Golden Axe 2
  • Exile
  • John Madden Football

Last edited by AxelGear,

PvD79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love your emulators as always @bubble2k16
I cannot get Sega CD Roms to load. The bios file is good and I can load that. My files are bin/cue format. I cannot select the cue file only the bin (like mega drive roms) and that may be the problem. Or I’m doing something wrong but I can’t figure it out. Picodrive always wanted to load the cue file if I remember right. Am I doing something wrong or does .cue files still need to be enabled?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get Sega CD Roms to load. The bios file is good and I can load that. My files are bin/cue format. I cannot select the cue file only the bin (like mega drive roms) and that may be the problem. Or I’m doing something wrong but I can’t figure it out. Picodrive always wanted to load the cue file if I remember right. Am I doing something wrong or does .cue files still need to be enabled?
Did you place the BIOS files in the right folder, and are they named correctly?
If so, Sega CD ROMs should work. .bin files work fine, and CDDA tracks play. Probably because the .bin file includes them, but I'm not sure.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my sega cd games are bin, cue files and they are working fine for me, make sure your bios's are names correctly and in the right spot, SD:/3ds/picodrive_3ds/bios

my bios's are named bios_CD_E.bin, bios_CD_J.bin, and bios_CD_U.bin

Last edited by wicksand420,

PvD79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All my sega cd games are bin, cue files and they are working fine for me, make sure your bios's are names correctly and in the right spot, SD:/3ds/picodrive_3ds/bios

my bios's are named bios_CD_E.bin, bios_CD_J.bin, and bios_CD_U.bin

LMFAO! So im not a total noob. Tried different bios, locations, etc etc. Your post made me realize my error. My file path was sd:/3ds/picodrive not sd:/3ds/picodrive_3ds

Lesson is, underscores matter!

Thanks for the assist everyone!

Reactions: wicksand420

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMFAO! So im not a total noob. Tried different bios, locations, etc etc. Your post made me realize my error. My file path was sd:/3ds/picodrive not sd:/3ds/picodrive_3ds

Lesson is, underscores matter!

Thanks for the assist everyone!
Always glad to help out.

On a side note, Snatcher works awesomely!!
I did notice that on some games like snatcher, sometimes when you are done investigating stuff, it will take like 30 to 40 seconds to catch up and show the selections on the screen, but if i remember correctly, i think picodrive for psp did this aswell. @bubble2k16, have you thought of porting any of your emulators to wiiu?

Last edited by wicksand420,
D

Deleted User

Hey bubble2k16, do any of your emulators have the ability to load roms in zip files.

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Oh, forgot to mention that Sub-Terrania and Red Zone (both developed by Zyrinx)'s music play slightly faster than on emulators like Kega Fusion and BlastEm.
I think this is an issue with the PicoDrive core itself, but any chance this can be fixed?

Sounds like a tough problem... Will probably need a lot more time on this. Am still looking at the crash the comes up from time to time when loading a game.

Hey @bubble2k16.
Seeing how well SegaCD games runs on o3ds, do you think 32x games such Knukles Chaotic and Mortal Kombat II will run (almost?) with the same performance on o3ds?

My guess is that it is highly unlikely. It has additional processors and graphics to emulate. When emulating the CD, PicoDrive on 3DS has already quite maxed out the Old 3DS processor. :)

Always glad to help out.

On a side note, Snatcher works awesomely!!
I did notice that on some games like snatcher, sometimes when you are done investigating stuff, it will take like 30 to 40 seconds to catch up and show the selections on the screen, but if i remember correctly, i think picodrive for psp did this aswell. @bubble2k16, have you thought of porting any of your emulators to wiiu?

Thanks. I don't have a Wiiu, so I'm not that keen to do it. After all, I already have an SNES classic that can emulate a lot of my fav consoles. :)

Hey bubble2k16, do any of your emulators have the ability to load roms in zip files.

Yup I never quite supported zip files because I've had problems compiling against the zip library. Call me lazy... :) I may look into it some day.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible to add a config option to your emulators to make the fast forward button a toggle rather than having to hold it down all the time?

gamesgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Bare Knuckle - Ikari no Tetsuken ~ Streets of Rage (World).png

picodrive_3ds

Fusion.png

Fusion

"Bare Knuckle - Ikari no Tetsuken ~ Streets of Rage (World)", In this game screen, there is a black line on the "1UP-000000", and it's normal to play it with "Fusion".

Last edited by gamesgod,
D

Deleted User

[QUOTE="Yup I never quite supported zip files because I've had problems compiling against the zip library. Call me lazy... :) I may look into it some day.[/QUOTE]

@bubble2k16
Your efforts will be greatly appreciated! :) The time the decompression and upload to my SD Card take, feels like forever!:rofl:

Last edited by ,

mariotaotao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi my friend, i suggest an option to enable/disable touch screen, cuz i found it's easy to touch the lower screen while gaming. How about a combined key or a custom button on touch screen to toggle menu, not the whole area? Thanks.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been running alot of tests on this emulator, and I must say that it works very well, the only thing I can say that is strange is sometimes when switching sega cd games, it throws you back to the 3ds menu, and sometimes when it doesn't send you back to the 3ds menu, its like it is still using the sram from the prior game that was loaded, to give an instance of this, I was playing sonic cd, then I switched to snatcher and played for a while, saved the game with the in game save, and turned it off, when I went back to my game (snatcher), all my progress I made since the switch wasn't saved, the only thing I can think of is that it saved to sonic cd's sram instead of snatchers, has anybody else noticed this at all?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM