Homebrew [Release] Sharkive, a simple Gateshark code manager compatible with Luma

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've been working on a new project recently, called Sharkive: it's a Gateshark code manager that will be compatible with one of the features that are waiting for being approved in Luma3DS.

It has a simple interface and automatically scans your titles and the database on Github to check if there are codes compatible with your games, and downloads them in the right place in your sd card if you want them.

IMG_20180114_153842.jpg

I need help!

I didn't write the code by myself but found them on the internet, so lots of them are not working. I need you to test which ones are not working/have a wrong syntax (this can be easily checked from Luma, the codes will turn red when selected if invalid) and report them back as an issue in the github repo.

I also need you to submit new codes, so the db can grow!

Notice: you need the most recent Luma built from the last commit into duckbill007's repository. That's the only place where this new Luma feature can be found until (and if) it gets merged to the master branch.

Currently, there are no official releases of Sharkive on github, but there are compiled builds in PKSM's server: https://discord.gg/bGKEyfY . Check the pinned messages into #sharkive-general to know how to help us!

HollowedFear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @EventAssistant pretty nice project you got going on here, will be very helpful once things start taking off a little bit more :D if you need an extra DB that you can pull from (either in the app or to just pull codes into your repository) you can take a look at the link in my signature. Like you I didn't write the codes that are in my repo, so some may be hit or miss but for the most part it's running the last fort42 dump (before the site exploded and stopped working) ontop of new codes being added every so often (right now almost daily).

Reactions: Chetti

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey @EventAssistant pretty nice project you got going on here, will be very helpful once things start taking off a little bit more :D if you need an extra DB that you can pull from (either in the app or to just pull codes into your repository) you can take a look at the link in my signature. Like you I didn't write the codes that are in my repo, so some may be hit or miss but for the most part it's running the last fort42 dump (before the site exploded and stopped working) ontop of new codes being added every so often (right now almost daily).

I used that database as reference, too (it should be also reported in the credits, but if it's not, my fault! I'll add it asap in case).

I would consider redirecting all the work in a single repo since right now the codes in Sharkive are being tested and reported back if working or not, so adding new codes into the Sharkive database directly would be really helpful.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I used that database as reference, too (it should be also reported in the credits, but if it's not, my fault! I'll add it asap in case).

I would consider redirecting all the work in a single repo since right now the codes in Sharkive are being tested and reported back if working or not, so adding new codes into the Sharkive database directly would be really helpful.
Keep also in mind that most of your codes are AR codes and not Gateshark: I only support the second ones!

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been working on a new project recently, called Sharkive: it's a Gateshark code manager that will be compatible with one of the features that are waiting for being approved in Luma3DS.

It has a simple interface and automatically scans your titles and the database on Github to check if there are codes compatible with your games, and downloads them in the right place in your sd card if you want them.

IMG_20180114_153842.jpg

I need help!

I didn't write the code by myself but found them on the internet, so lots of them are not working. I need you to test which ones are not working/have a wrong syntax (this can be easily checked from Luma, the codes will turn red when selected if invalid) and report them back as an issue in the github repo.

Notice: you need the most recent Luma built from the last commit into duckbill007's repository. That's the only place where this new Luma feature can be found until (and if) it gets merged to the master branch.

Currently, there are no official releases of Sharkive on github, but there are compiled builds in PKSM's server: https://discord.gg/bGKEyfY . Check the pinned messages into #sharkive-general to know how to help us!
What exactly will this do? I bet many people will be asking this, but does it let you use GW cheats without actually owning a gateway?

HollowedFear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Keep also in mind that most of your codes are AR codes and not Gateshark: I only support the second ones!
Ah yes, I see it now in the readme, just waking up so not really noticing a whole lot real quick xD and alright gotcha, tbh I'm not sure which codes in my repo are AR vs Gateshark anymore but I'm sure like 99% of my repo is still currently gateshark at the moment :x but hey maybe AR support could be something you add in the future ;P?

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What exactly will this do? I bet many people will be asking this, but does it let you use GW cheats without actually owning a gateway?
It's more for managing the codes, because the feature that effectively executes the codes is outside Sharkive. Anyways, yes, the final result is executing them without owning a gw

D

Deleted User

It gives me a cheat.txt.How do you apply the codes with game patching on Or is this not finished yet?

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

It gives me a cheat.txt.How do you apply the codes with game patching on Or is this not finished yet?

This is no a finished product. In fact, it might not ever even be completed due to Github dropping support for the 3DS (it is no exactly as I described, but the end result is nevertheless the same).

D

Deleted User

@EventAssistant When do you think that this will be finished/completed/released? just wondering because I didn't know if you were still working on it with the whole Github TLSv1.1 thing. Not trying to rush you by any means. Love your work!

Plus, with the new FBI update, you can download a Sharkhive cia.

HollowedFear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@EventAssistant When do you think that this will be finished/completed/released? just wondering because I didn't know if you were still working on it with the whole Github TLSv1.1 thing. Not trying to rush you by any means. Love your work!

Plus, with the new FBI update, you can download a Sharkhive cia.

Probably going to drop Sharkive's development. It seemed to be a good idea, but things are not ready yet for it to be fully functional (not because of it, but because of Luma's cheat support implementation to really be problematic to implement). Also, considering Github dropping TLSv1.1 support and way more people than expected to not realize what Sharkive should really do disheartened me a lot.

Latest update on sharkive development, it's pretty much dropped as of right now.

D

Deleted User

IMG_20180114_153842.jpg

I need help!

I have a large database of cheatcodes if you're interested https://github.com/ItsDeidara/MegaNTR/tree/master/Cheats

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    Good morning!
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works and isnt yet banned, mine got banned yesterday
  • A @ anotherthing:
    The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @StatusN, welcome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey qwerty look at that you ain't the youngest here anymore
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Had a question on 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    will one still be able to transfer pokemon from the ds 3ds games to Switch
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Supposedly Bank isn't going down.
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    i know they are @anotherthing but i modded m y 3ds last month and i installed pretendo but as my 3ds got banned i need a friend seed to unblock my 3ds
  • A @ anotherthing:
    You got banned from Pretendo?
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    online ban
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @anotherthing I think Nintendo should have just re released all pokemon games on the switch
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    let you transfer it all
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    bank got shutdown in april last year
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones (remakes don't count)
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    does anyone have a friend seed link to a seed that isnt already banned and is new, if anyone does then thanks
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I refuse to get Nintendo Switch online
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    until they add pokemon mainline games
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could very easily do so
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i meant that they got rereleased in virtual console in 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty why cant they do so for the switch :sad:
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    S @ salazarcosplay: I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a...